It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"This Privately Owned Business is a Muslim Free Etablishment"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: nullafides

What I dont get is how will the gun club enforce this? Will they be just be doing visual scans at entry looking for any Muslim wearing a thawb or burqa?
Will they rely on Muslims wearing none of the above being honest at the door?
I just dont get it.

They'll probably just ban all brown people to be safe. It's Oklahoma, I doubt they'll sweat the details.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

What I dont get is how will the gun club enforce this? Will they be just be doing visual scans at entry looking for any Muslim wearing a thawb or burqa?
Will they rely on Muslims wearing none of the above being honest at the door?
I just dont get it.

It's easy to tell: "Ya'll ain't a muslim r ya?"

-asked upon entrance.
edit on 15-8-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

If I am a religious business owner, and choose NOT to take your money...well, that is my idiotic right.

Wrong perhaps you should learn about something called the law. It is illegal to discriminate against a person because you don't like their faith.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

My intent and take on this article is rather straightforward.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: Phage

I'd gladly engage in a conversation with you...

...were it not for your history of simply being a nay-sayer.

So, enjoy!

LOL....

In other words "I'd debate you on this Phage if you weren't always right. You and your stupid facts and sound logic!"
no one is always right. You fool. Go with the majority. Unless you want peodophiles and necrophiliacs stalking your kids and your great great great aunt.

Disregard
edit on 15-8-2015 by disregard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I never once claimed that anything IMHO (yepp, there's that horrible word, OPINION) was legal or applicable or runs afoul of the law.

I simply gave my opinion. Some think all drugs should be illegal and you should go to jail for using them. Some don't.

Sorry. Life is not as cut and dry as you'd like.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

The people who were refused service should then get a tax refund from the company. Everybody pitched in for that business to be there with their taxes. The roads leading up to it, the infrastructure supporting it, the supply lines that provide the product, the corporate subsidies used to keep the business owner's overhead cheap, etc.

If you want to deny service to a taxpayer, then you need to run your business on a private island, supplying your own power, roadways, and products.
edit on 15-8-2015 by Cuervo because: clarity

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
What's lame about this kind of thing is that the gun shop can legally refuse service to someone if they seemed like they were up to something or seemed like a terrorist or if they make the owner suspicious for some reason. That is perfectly legal and you could probably even win a case in court if it came to that.

But what you can't do is just discriminate against a whole group of people without just cause. But that is what these signs and this whole idea is really about.

It's a political and Personal crusade by some people just trying to make an issue about something. They just really, really want to be sh*tty to Muslims but hide their true motives.

It's perfectly legal to deny service to someone if you have a just reason for it.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Nice opinion, you've got there

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

So, all Muslims are terrorists according to the owner?

Shocking.

From a logical perspective, the only true conclusion is that

No Muslim will be allowed to shoot there as a customer, which includes Muslim terrorists.

Ranges are over rated anyway. Any national forest is just as good.

Actually the sign says that none of the owners or workers are Muslim, and so you could shoot there but don't try to get any slack for being a Muslim.

The sign does not say no Muslims allowed.
edit on 15-8-2015 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Sorry. Life is not as cut and dry as you'd like.

Sorry but we aren't talking about life. The law on discrimination is pretty much cut and dry. Anyone that operates a business is obligated to serve everyone regardless of race, religion or sexual preference.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: disregard
no one is always right. You fool. Go with the majority. Unless you want peodophiles and necrophiliacs stalking your kids and your great great great aunt.

Disregard

I guess you missed the fact that it was kind of a joke, ya know?!?!? Whew....

I have no idea where the rest of your comment came from though. Pedophiles and Necrophiliacs??? Huh???? I thought this was about Muslims???

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

A gun shop owner from Florida tried doing the same thing, also calling his store a Muslim free zone but because of back lash, and because it's illegal to discriminate, he back peddled. Now we have a gun range owner declaring a Muslim free zone...

edit on 15-8-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Great.

I could care less. My opinion is my opinion. I am allowed to have mine, just as you are yours.

/**shrugs**/

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Not one thing you said is based in reality including, sadly, the front-runner for president.

Yes you own your business. You own any merchandise, possibly the building, you own your profits. However, in order to legally conduct business you need a license with your town, city, county or state which is a contract.

Depending which type of business license you obtain you under certain obligations to the government that you are now in contract with.

The most common business license is for a business that is open to the public. Businesses open to the public cannot refuse service to people based on their gender, race, religion and in some states sexual orientation and sexual identity. That is in your contract. You signed it.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

" It's Oklahoma, what do you expect - the epitome of redneck white trash. ,

See , Liberal RACISM like that Comment is the Reason Most Americans Look Down Upon Progressive Liberals Today . You People have No CLASS........

As a Business Owner in America Today , you have a RIGHT to Refuse ANYONE as a Customer if you feel they are causing a Problem with running your Business . That's Life , Deal With It........

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

As a Business Owner in America Today , you have a RIGHT to Refuse ANYONE as a Customer if you feel they are causing a Problem with running your Business .
Yes.
How does someone cause a problem by being Muslim? See, that's called discrimination based on religion and you do not have a right to do that. Now, if that Muslim were drunk and disorderly, that would be a different matter.

edit on 8/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

As a business owner you do not have the right to discriminate against anyone because of their religion.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: disregard

Disregard

I guess you missed the fact that it was kind of a joke, ya know?!?!? Whew....

I have no idea where the rest of your comment came from though. Pedophiles and Necrophiliacs??? Huh???? I thought this was about Muslims???
The evil minority. Bow down

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

As a Business Owner in America Today , you have a RIGHT to Refuse ANYONE as a Customer if you feel they are causing a Problem with running your Business .
Yes.
How does someone cause a problem by being Muslim? See, that's called discrimination based on religion and you do not have a right to do that. Now, if that Muslim were drunk and disorderly, that would be a different matter.

Drunks or muslims? Those drunks get a bad rap. What with fgm and all that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join