It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa State Fair Poll

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ketsuko

The east coast lol. We sculpt sand at beaches like normal people

Oh, please! It's a showcase of the goods and produce of the region. Many Midwestern states produce dairy ... including ... wait for it ... BUTTER! So they started sculpting it as another way to showcase their produce. It's no different than those places with very long, cold winters sculpting ice at winter festivals. Or like those people who have thriving timber industries sculpting logs with chainsaws.

Given our lack of things like ... you know, beaches ... it would be somewhat hard for us to sculpt sand, too.

Besides, Butter Cow tastes much better when baked into things than you sand cow.

But this does illustrate a Republic. You really don't seem to understand or empathize with the differences of life in different regions of the country. I don't think your ways on coasts are bad or wrong for you. Sand sculpting is fun, and butter sculptures are cool to look at ... in more ways than one. So why the derisive laughter?
edit on 15-8-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It was a lighthearted joke (really). I'm sorry that I offended you. For future reference when I use emoji's it's because I'm being playful.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Rather surprised at how well Ben Carson is doing...pleasantly so.

It's early days yet. I think his rise in the polls is due to people's dislike of the establishment that has failed them so badly.

I really wish people would figure out Trump.

At this point some people's anger is overriding. To be honest Trump does make some points that no one else will. The drugs trade does flourish around the Mexican border. Isis did capture large amounts of US Army equipment and so on.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yet another poll with Dems winning over republicans by a huge margin.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Where are you people that you haven't heard of butter sculptures?!

They are a fixture at more Midwestern state fairs.

I'm in the Southwest. Green chiles are our thing.

originally posted by: ketsuko
You really don't seem to understand or empathize with the differences of life in different regions of the country.
So why the derisive laughter?

I'm from Ohio. Attended the state fair every year. I know and love the sights, smells, culture and food of a state fair in the Midwest. Never saw a butter sculpture, though.

Having said that, I was laughing because it's funny to me. This was not "derisive laughter", nor was it a lack of understanding or empathy. You're FAR too defensive and have read FAR too much into this. I meant no offense at all. I would LOVE to go to an Iowa state fair, as long as there were no politicians mucking up the place with their entourages. I'm sorry I offended you.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
A GOPe talking point I often hear is that Trump is only doing well with low information voters and I wouldn't be surprised if they dismiss this State Fair Poll based on that. However what they can't ignore is that Trump is absolutely slaughtering the GOP field in this poll of small business owners.

These people are the engine that sustains the economy and pays for the luxuries these politicians enjoy. How arrogant of them to insult the people who pay their salaries and that extends to "low information" voters too whatever that elitist terminology even means.

Trump is the top choice among small-business owners for president with close to 38 percent of respondents selecting him. Democrat Hillary Clinton came in second with 17 percent of the vote, with Republicans Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio in a virtual tie for third place with nearly 6 percent of the vote each.

www.cnbc.com...
edit on 16-8-2015 by TonySarc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Day two has started...

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
I'd hoped to see more enthusiasm for Webb. He better pick up his game.

I saw him speak when he was running for Senate in Virginia. He's not what you'd describe as charismatic.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Just thought I'd provide an update...

Donald Trump still in the lead and Ben Carson pulling up the rear...
The other team shows Bernie Sanders and Hillary respectively...

Also...apparently people prefer BLTs as their favorite way to eat Bacon. Bacon flavored popcorn came in dead last which is something I would have never imagined!

No puns intended (well sort of).
This post was never intended to inflame, disrespect, anger, or otherwise offend anyone...

Just having some fun!

Poll Results
edit on 16-8-2015 by TNMockingbird because: meant to include link

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I give Donald Trump the Blue Ribbon.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Early days, indeed.

Trump does say things people, or some of 'em anyway, are thinking. which is fine.

I don't particularly care for the style in which he says it. The end I can respect, in many cases...but the means are just as important. ...and those, I have no use for.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Bernies lost 2 points today and Hillarys gained 4.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Somethings happened to give her the lead...
Wonder what?

Anyway, does anyone feel like they're watching a horse race?
LOL

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

She's still behind Bernie. It's Bernie at 50.76% to Hillary's 44.14%. Yes I do feel like I'm watching a horse race... more tomorrow lol.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think if nothing else Trump shows how little attention is being paid to veterans care by the other Candidates. I still stand by what I have said about his candidacy on the boards. The GOP isn't in a fit state to win the presidency. Besides why should anybody take a party seriously that obsesses over abortion at the expense of issues like veterans care?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Not arguing with about that.

As it stands, right now, I'd not vote GOP, because I suspect that only ones worth listening to aren't going to come even close to the nomination...

Veteran affairs rate very high on my list of issues. Make me happy on that one, and I'll be listening.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Bernie and Hillary are neck and neck now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join