It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone here use a juicer? any tips and/or recipes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
so i am a big fan of goodwill. i just got back from the latest trip and picked up a jack lalanne power juicer classic for $6.
it is brand new in the box. never opened. pretty stoked about this purchase. retail they are anywhere from about 75 to 110 bucks.
to the point.

what kinds of fruits and veggies do you like to run through your juicer? ive never done it before so i really have no idea what goes with what.
any tips will help.
thanks

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Use milk, ice and fruits I generally use are strawberries, bananas, kiwis, apples whatever you fancy. Add the milk if you want smoothies.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I think anything would be pretty good, being fruit or vegetable. Everything besides Jack Lalannes eyebrows.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

What ever's in season.

Our farmers market offers all kinds of stuff.

For a fruity mix, I use any and all fruits, berries ect. and add orange juice for the liquid, sometime a little tequila... The fruit harvest is about to kick off.

Vegetables....any thing with tomato juice.
edit on 15-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I did a watermelon, muskmellon mix one time..

It was addicting!!!!

Have a good time with it, it's really a lot of fun

Semper

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Beetroot and ginger
and vodka!.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

What an awesome deal you got! I have been wanting a juicer myself. There are so many interesting combinations you can throw together. I would probably look online for some good recipes.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Grapefruits have a lot of juice and super healthy. Get fruits with lots of juice. No bananas

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
i just ran a couple tomatoes through it.
this thing is bad ass.
i got all kinds of pulp out the back and the juice was super thin. mo seeds, pulp, skin.
im going to have tons of fun with this bad boy.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Here's my daily smoothie.

1 banana
6/7 strawberries
1/2cup diced pineapple
1/2 cup orange juice
5 large ice cubes

Sometimes I'll throw a couple raspberries or blueberries in, if I have em left over from my cereal.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Smoothies are cool, but mugly has a juicer, not a blender. A great basic juice is Apple, Carrot Ginger. I would learn the basics first, and learn your tastes. Juicing can be pretty expensive depending on the price of produce in your area. It is delicious though.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

2 beets
2 carrots
1/2 lemon
3 red apples
1 green apple
Cup of whole kale
About 2-4" of ginger
Cup of whole spinach
(Make sure no seeds or pits)
After juiced, stir in 1/4 cup of chia
Drink it fast within the first 20 minutes

If you add powdered or encapsulated vitamin c you will be nearly immune to everything for 2 days. My friend swears this cured her of cancer. She did it 2-3 times a day with no drugs for six months and went into remission.
edit on 8/15/2015 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Juicing is great. May favorite is carrot juice with a little jalapeño. The carrots are sweet and the pepper makes it DELICIOUS! If I had carrots, I'd make it right now. Also cantaloupe by itself is divine! I love pineapple, strawberry and banana together. Or a greed drink with a bunch of leafy greens and bananas. Have fun!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
Grapefruits have a lot of juice and super healthy. Get fruits with lots of juice. No bananas

Be careful with grapefruits if you're on any meds. They counteract some medications.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighFive
Here's my daily smoothie.

1 banana
6/7 strawberries
1/2cup diced pineapple
1/2 cup orange juice
5 large ice cubes

Sometimes I'll throw a couple raspberries or blueberries in, if I have em left over from my cereal.

That sounds really good.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I rarely use mine, but when I do it's to make popsicles from extra cheap seasonal fruit about to go bad. I may add a pinch of sugar to it, but rely on additional lemon/citrus juice to bring out the flavor more.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

This will keep you busy for a while. Lots of recipes and informations, how to's and tips.

The Juicing Book

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
O wow you got a great deal. Awesome score!
I love green juices, just start gradually and discover what you like. One of the basics I use is: kale, baby spinach, tomatoes, celery, cucumber , red pepper ,carrot and a little lemon and sea salt. You can throw a pinch of fresh herbs in too like cilantro or parsley. Ahhh- so good! If you like sweet, baby spinach and bananas with coconut water is yummy, some juicers do not do soft foods like bananas and avocados though. Also mangoes and cantaloupe or papaya and cantaloupe with coconut water is tasty to! Have fun!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

You must be insane. The juice from even two small beets would make anyone's butt explode.

Anyway. One cup lemon juice, one cup honey(or comparable such as agave). Melt honey with hot water, cool it off with some cold so as not to "cook" the lemon juice. Fill the remaining gallon with purified(or the best water you can get). Makes one gallon. Add ginger juice to taste if desired.

Or replace the honey with maple syrup and add a dash or cayenne you'll have master cleanser.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

During the winter I drink this every 2 days without any diarrhea or loose movements to speak of. I always use the freshest quality fruits and vegetables I can get, crisp and hard veggies a must.

Maybe I should have warned though, urine and the like, do turn a bit red the next day. Can be a little jarring at first.

Honey is also a great additive being one of nature's strongest antibacterial substances, but I usually take a spoonful alone. It tends to make it too sweet for my palette when mixed in. A good rule is if it doesn't go bad quickly on your shelf, it has antibacterial properties. Peanut butter is also like this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join