It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isnt there someone my age I could date?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: beezzer who's Jade Helm?

Matt's evil twin... he drinks nothing but Ripple Pagan Punk too.
He had his teeth cast from nickel impregnated ceramic
num-num; and you can't stain 'em with even hot blueberry pie
guts. They can bite a '64 250 Dino right in half and not even chip.

And the risque' sushi bar got me a sudden taste for some
raw tuna and smokin' muscles..er mussels. Ordered? Baby
spit me NOW.

Dating must have really metamorphosed in the last decade
or so... the last lady I met at a book store/coffee clogger
was six or seven years older than me, and the only hot spot on
her was approximately the chair next to the picture (window).

I Actually left after 15 minutes because I think she wanted that
laptop easily ten times as much as me. "I hope you two are very
floppy together. Oh wait he hasn't got one.
Well, you've got a spare... you should loan him one, really."
She could have done all this at home. WTF why bother. Note to
self: cancel membership and discontinue the checking bleeding.

He's out there, not in here. Balance my dear.

edit on 15-8-2015 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Elysian

I just .. dont want to turn out to be someone i hate...

I love this statement. It tells me you are thinking hard about the kind of person you want to be, but you are also aware of the kind of person you don't want to be. That alone earns my respect.
The best advice i can give you is to never let anyone manipulate you into compromising the person you want to be. Set clear goals and also set clear limits. Write them down and they will carry more meaning for you.
Older guys will offer you lots of things, but they will eventually expect something in return. Not necessarily physical interaction, but at least more of your attention. As long as you're having fun, i see no problem with experiencing everything life throws at you. There will always be people who will try to put you down, no matter what you do, so expect it, and try to always have a witty(non insulting) come back. That will earn more respect from the people who actually like/care about you. Plus it makes everyone laugh and that can diffuse almost any heated situation.

I personally like a lady who knows how to handle a blade. If you know how to get a proper edge you get extra points.

Something I should learn but I dont wear the edge with test cutting so its not too important right now

Plenty of time for that.

I have a job that lets me meet a lot of people. Pretty girls are not hard to find, but i rarely find a girl who really catches my attention. I want more than just a pretty face, i want someone who is educated and ambitious. I have set this as a goal, and it seems like a high standard, but i know anything less will leave me with a feeling like i settled for less.

What would be a goal for a suitable partner you feel would fit your personality?

Someone who wont give up on me even if i give up on myself
Someone who will be there to push me further to surpass my limitations as i reach them

Those would be very good qualities to look for, but how could you expect to recognize those qualities in a potential friend? Much less in a person you just met who you are initially attracted to? What qualities could you look for that would lead you to believe that a person was capable of being that committed to you? I think everyone should think about this seriously. I am interested in hearing everyone's opinion on this question? I would expect some interesting differences.

I'll know...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

Awesome.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Elysian

You need to keep work and your personal life separate.

Find interests outside of work. It can be anything at all, but it should be very different.

You are not satisfied with those you meet and I am guessing that is as it should be.

In the line of work you are in, it is very easy for it to become your only existence. That is very destructive.

Take a class in art or if you want to meet young guys, try taking a class on car repairs or something else that is male dominated and remember that even the older men are likely to have sons.

There are many ways to meet the right guys, join a group to learn the game of chess if you want to meet thinkers. Use your imagination.

You need to let the real you out, but not at work.

P

edit on 15/8/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
a reply to: derfreebie

Awesome.

Thanks Gretch, and you're the most beautiful birch ever.
I couldn't help it, and hope you heard it here first.
PS I am NOT Shep Smith... and your s-less guitar is in the dictionary

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I always thought i would know too. I still get fooled from time to time. Lol. An old man once told me that i should make a plan for anything i wanted. The more important it is to me, the more detail i should put into my plan. Good luck with your's. You deserve whatever you want. Never settle for less.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

You need to keep work and your personal life separate.

Find interests outside of work. It can be anything at all, but it should be very different.

You are not satisfied with those you meet and I am guessing that is as it should be.

In the line of work you are in, it is very easy for it to become your only existence. That is very destructive.

Take a class in art or if you want to meet young guys, try taking a class on car repairs or something else that is male dominated and remember that even the older men are likely to have sons.

There are many ways to meet the right guys, join a group to learn the game of chess if you want to meet thinkers. Use your imagination.

You need to let the real you out, but not at work.

P

Im sorry what exactly is my line of work???
Please regale me, im interested in hearing this, i need to know if i should be offended or not

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
you should date a vampire! I mean, he only sucks your blood, and if we was bitten at 22 in 1870, he would still look like 22 today, as long as he doesnt shine at sunlight and stuff...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
you should date a vampire! I mean, he only sucks your blood, and if we was bitten at 22 in 1870, he would still look like 22 today, as long as he doesnt shine at sunlight and stuff...

Assuming they are even real, i would only be interested in discussion with a vampire
Otherwise they can screw off

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Don't rush the process of finding another guy - take the time to get to know some of them first.

I'm at the age where many of my own friends are getting married, but I still take my time to find someone that matches what I'm looking for: I could bribe them if I wanted to, but if I have to resort to that, I'm better off sending for a bride.

And in this day and age, it's alright to be picky: All it means is that it'll take longer to find a compatible match.

As far as hygiene goes - I have to smell good for work, as I'm in the office, working with other people. If I had a job outside, or one that involved sweating, I can well imagine what some people must smell like by the end of the day.

Good Luck on the hunt though - you're only 22, so there's plenty of time to find someone (granted, I turn 25 this year, so I shouldn't really be talking).

-foss

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: fossilera

As far as hygiene goes - I have to smell good for work, as I'm in the office, working with other people. If I had a job outside, or one that involved sweating, I can well imagine what some people must smell like by the end of the day.

-foss

I can mail you a sample.
Cut your imagination some slack.
edit on 15-8-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You are going to have to find them in this day and age. They are most likely playing video games. Check gaming/anime conventions. you'll probably get people of your age. No one in this day of age in your type of age has the type of money especially to go to bars everyday. You'll be lucky to find a rich kid. But, they would be spoiled for the most. This is what happens when you have Capitalism with Corporate takeover.

Even my brother is becoming an alcoholic and working 12hrs a day. I just can't wait til the western system epic fail. It was already wrong when 20 years old marry 50 years old. Fking messed up system.
edit on 15-8-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
You seem sassy in a way which would have intimidated the hell out of 22 year old me. 30 year old me has a completely different perspective and now finds this incredibly attractive.

Early 20s are a bear, and you may just be slightly intimidating for boys your age. Give them a little time to grow into men and enjoy the journey. Best of luck to you.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Im sorry what exactly is my line of work??? Please regale me, im interested in hearing this, i need to know if i should be offended or not

Being offended is your problem. Go ahead, it makes no difference to me

Exotic dancer perhaps. You could also be caring for the elderly or you may even be a nurse.

Never the less, find interests outside of work and be you in that environment.

P

edit on 16/8/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

This is totally Unclassified Material, into the shredder just....because wow

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Im sorry what exactly is my line of work??? Please regale me, im interested in hearing this, i need to know if i should be offended or not

Being offended is your problem. Go ahead, it makes no difference to me

Exotic dancer perhaps. You could also be caring for the elderly or you may even be a nurse.

Never the less, find interests outside of work and be you in that environment.

P

Yeah, good save

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Semicollegiate

Computer dating in my day was, "Hey babe, wanna come to my place and see my Commodore 64?"

If you happen to run into a computer nerd that might still work... or rather work again.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Ummm... If I'm "ordering it," you're swallowing anything that ends up in your mouth just saying...

You eluded to that BS.

Sounds like you need to address your self worth if the only people you are dating are sugar daddies.

Adjust your expectations, and maybe some one your age will treat you as a human being.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: enigma51ted

I'm gonna go with 'yes'

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

We kissed twice but thats because he ordered it both times...

"Hi.... I'll have the Coquilles Saint-Jacques, The Lamprey à la Bordelaise and er... your tongue in my mouth please!"

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join