It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isnt there someone my age I could date?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Elysian

What did your pals try to brainwash you into? or out of?.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I dont want to talk about it... the point is my trust was betrayed...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

This is a serious suggestion - in your position you might want to stop looking for (or hoping to find) a man.

Take a little time to be by yourself and, even if it's a bit lonely at first, start to enjoy your own company.

You can't rely on other people to complete you or make you happy - honestly.

The sort of men you have described, who show an interest in you, sound exploitative - I'd guess that something about you looks vulnerable.

There are more interesting and fulfilling things you could be doing - which you well understand - so I'd suggest you stop worrying that other people have the sort of relationship that you can't have and focus on what sort of activity you can enjoy instead (just for now) and what you can do for yourself.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm in the exact opposite situation. I like big dudes, age is inconsequential.
So, the older and fatter you are, the more attracted I am. Just throw me your scraps!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Just like picking the wrong guys perhaps you have picked the wrong friends. There is a saying that misery loves company and that's because it's all that misery knows. OR maybe your friends are trying to help you but you aren't willing to go that route yet.

Regardless, any time someone tries to change who you are or doesn't accept the first time you say, "no" - they aren't acting with love. They are bullying and wanting to hear what they want to hear, see you do their will.

Maybe take a step back, find out who you are. Do what you like to do, no matter how lame that might be. Find something new to do that challenges you, gives you pleasure, gives you a new skill no matter who unneeded it might be in this world. If it fulfills you then that's all that matters.

All we need in this world is one person that believes in us. Maybe your Mom. Maybe some penpal. Maybe some stranger in Africa that you connect via Facebook.

If there is shame of any sort in your past - disown it. Shame is simply an emotion that no longer has any justification in being in your mind. And if you can talk to someone about it - speak it out and rid your body of holding it in any longer. Trust me there is huge healing in that. And there should never be shame in what anyone else has done to you for it was against your will.

Don't be defeated by the heavy emotions and flashbacks and "friend" faces you see coming into your mind - those that seek to put you down. And if your friends are miserable that have no ambition in life (and I mean to live life, not monetary or jobs, although those are good ambitions) then get rid of them. There are many people that refuse to find happiness or well being in their lives and to accept their responsibility to make their lives something and they want to take everyone else down along with them - get rid of those friends. If they can't look after themselves then they sure can't be whole to you. You can always love your family and friends but it does not mean you have to keep them an active part in your life.
edit on 15/8/15 by ccseagull because: corrected spelling of penal - NOT recommending penal system penpals, sheesh!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elysian

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I dont want to talk about it... the point is my trust was betrayed...

Thing is was it right for them to do so? If you can not say we don't know, what you call brainwashing and your trust betrayed your pals may call different.
But dear you are 22 plenty of other pals you can make. Dwelling on stuff like that gets you no where.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I wish I had a mouthful of rotten teeth randomly falling out my head.
I could teach you how to love swallowing them. That's when you know the love is real.
Don't be so close minded.
It is better to regret things you have done than things you haven't done.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I just .. dont want to turn out to be someone i hate...

I love this statement. It tells me you are thinking hard about the kind of person you want to be, but you are also aware of the kind of person you don't want to be. That alone earns my respect.
The best advice i can give you is to never let anyone manipulate you into compromising the person you want to be. Set clear goals and also set clear limits. Write them down and they will carry more meaning for you.
Older guys will offer you lots of things, but they will eventually expect something in return. Not necessarily physical interaction, but at least more of your attention. As long as you're having fun, i see no problem with experiencing everything life throws at you. There will always be people who will try to put you down, no matter what you do, so expect it, and try to always have a witty(non insulting) come back. That will earn more respect from the people who actually like/care about you. Plus it makes everyone laugh and that can diffuse almost any heated situation.

I personally like a lady who knows how to handle a blade. If you know how to get a proper edge you get extra points.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

A/S/L?

lulz... like good old back in the day AOL days!! man this site can be entertaining!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheepDipped
I'm in the exact opposite situation. I like big dudes, age is inconsequential.
So, the older and fatter you are, the more attracted I am. Just throw me your scraps!

LOL!!!!

This is the best thread in a while. Maybe a conspiracy dating forum would be a good idea.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I love this statement. It tells me you are thinking hard about the kind of person you want to be, but you are also aware of the kind of person you don't want to be. That alone earns my respect.
The best advice i can give you is to never let anyone manipulate you into compromising the person you want to be. Set clear goals and also set clear limits. Write them down and they will carry more meaning for you.
Older guys will offer you lots of things, but they will eventually expect something in return. Not necessarily physical interaction, but at least more of your attention. As long as you're having fun, i see no problem with experiencing everything life throws at you. There will always be people who will try to put you down, no matter what you do, so expect it, and try to always have a witty(non insulting) come back. That will earn more respect from the people who actually like/care about you. Plus it makes everyone laugh and that can diffuse almost any heated situation.

I personally like a lady who knows how to handle a blade. If you know how to get a proper edge you get extra points.

Something I should learn but I dont wear the edge with test cutting so its not too important right now

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I heard he hangs out with those girls from the dime a dance clubs. They have even been known to show their knees.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: sheeplenwolvesclothing
I read through this thread and that was my exact thought, a/s/l.....

Who knows how many weirdos that should have been on To Catch a Predator I was chatting with!

But I was also really into icq, but it was always so buggy!
edit on 15-8-2015 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I had a conversation with a 22 year old young lady recently. It was like, uh, you know?...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Something I should learn but I dont wear the edge with test cutting so its not too important right now

Plenty of time for that.

I have a job that lets me meet a lot of people. Pretty girls are not hard to find, but i rarely find a girl who really catches my attention. I want more than just a pretty face, i want someone who is educated and ambitious. I have set this as a goal, and it seems like a high standard, but i know anything less will leave me with a feeling like i settled for less.

What would be a goal for a suitable partner you feel would fit your personality?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Coast to Coast just started a paranormal dating service, you might want to check it out.

paranormaldate.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Like if one of those things comes loose and its in my mouth or worse I swallow it

wow girl...that is some messed up stuff, go for a Older Dentist Guy , kill 2 birds with one stone.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Plenty of time for that.

I have a job that lets me meet a lot of people. Pretty girls are not hard to find, but i rarely find a girl who really catches my attention. I want more than just a pretty face, i want someone who is educated and ambitious. I have set this as a goal, and it seems like a high standard, but i know anything less will leave me with a feeling like i settled for less.

What would be a goal for a suitable partner you feel would fit your personality?

Someone who wont give up on me even if i give up on myself
Someone who will be there to push me further to surpass my limitations as i reach them

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

That's actually my stripper name.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Plenty of time for that.

Someone who wont give up on me even if i give up on myself
Someone who will be there to push me further to surpass my limitations as i reach them

Those would be very good qualities to look for, but how could you expect to recognize those qualities in a potential friend? Much less in a person you just met who you are initially attracted to? What qualities could you look for that would lead you to believe that a person was capable of being that committed to you? I think everyone should think about this seriously. I am interested in hearing everyone's opinion on this question? I would expect some interesting differences.

edit on 15-8-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join