It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Called to Jury Duty in Manhattan. Perfect Timing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
So, let's tie him up in court so as to block him from the campaign trail. Coincidence? Maybe.

Do I believe in coincidence when it comes to the corrupt elections process? Not a chance.

Donald J. Trump, whose bid for the Republican presidential nomination has shaken up the race, will participate in a more common civic activity next week: jury duty.

Mr. Trump has been summoned to serve in State Supreme Court in Manhattan, and plans to report there on Monday morning, said Michael Cohen, an executive vice president at the Trump Organization and special counsel to Mr. Trump.

Despite Mr. Trump’s busy campaign schedule — he is set to appear at the Iowa State Fair on Saturday and has pledged to give fairgoers free rides on his personal helicopter from the parking lot — Mr. Cohen said that his bid for the Republican nomination would not be slowed by whatever time, if any, he might end up sitting on a jury.

“Despite the time that Mr. Trump is required to fulfill this civic obligation, the campaign will continue to go on,” Mr. Cohen said. “He is happy to comply with his civic obligation.”

www.nytimes.com...
www.foxnews.com...

Can anyone recall a candidate being slated for jury duty during a rise in popularity?

Seems like the slant is that if you don't report for jury duty you are not trustworthy? Ok then.

Jude

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
He should do his civi duty then

Be a perfect time to show everyone just how humble he is to do even the lowest forms of civic service to help his countrymen

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
They'll make sure he gets on a jury with an anticipated long trial and where the jury gets sequestered.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

In the other hand, he might be able to get more supporters from this should he choose to go.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
c'mon, any attorney worth a dime will ask that he be dismissed....he might miss a lunch date, that's it.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This does seem like too much of a coincidence.

"IF" it was intentionally arranged, perhaps those responsible convinced themselves that he would surely wiggle out of doing his civic duty, and that this could then be used against him. If that was the plan, then it has backfired, as he plans to happily report and do his duty.

"IF" it is some kind of conspiracy, and if we let our imaginations develop a wild scenario: What if this goes even further, and he is intentionally selected for a controversial trial, which no matter which way the jury finds would result in them looking bad.

Or, perhaps it is just a coincidence and he was due to be called up regardless of his candidacy.

I wonder how many other candidates would have quietly used their resources to remove themselves from duty.

edit on 8/15/15 by BlueAjah because: spelling

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Donald Trump is just an average Joe.
Don't get discouraged that he has a 6 or more zeros in his bank account than you or me.

He likes Pizza Hut for petessake!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Be a perfect time to show everyone just how humble he is to do even the lowest forms of civic service to help his countrymen

Absolutely!

And let's not forget that he will be the most civic minded and upstanding citizen by doing so because he will be serving rather than campaigning. Never mind that he will be out of the limelight for awhile.

Just wondering if Hilary would be so patriotic in the election race.

Jude

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
They'll make sure he gets on a jury with an anticipated long trial and where the jury gets sequestered.

Weeks and weeks and then a hung jury and then...

Jude

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
Donald Trump is just an average Joe.
Don't get discouraged that he has a 6 or more zeros in his bank account than you or me.

He likes Pizza Hut for petessake!

Hey! I have lots of zeros in my bank account. I just don't understand why his has a + in front of his zeros while I have a - in front of mine.

Jude

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Whoa....jury duty is very important and prestigious duty to perform.
Our entire legal system rests upon the concept of trial by a jury of your peers.
Aside from military service I cannot think of a higher calling any citizen could perform.
I don't think it coincidental by any means..
Trump has been stomping the competition in the polls.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Love to see Trump on the Jury for Hillary's trial. Awwwwwesommmmmme!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Love to see Trump on the Jury for Hillary's trial. Awwwwwesommmmmme!

Electric chair.

Jude

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
G.W. had to go...
No big deal, when it's your time it's your time.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Just being called for jury duty doesn't mean much. This is just the initial phase where they gather potential jurors. They still have to select jurors from this potential pool of jurors. He can easily get dismissed since most potential jurors get dismissed.

And if he's picked, it doesn't have to be a long case. I served on a jury last year. It was a 1 day case. No biggie.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Former President George W. Bush went to jury duty this week. Maybe to help his brother Jeb? Doubtful. To both.

top topics

join