It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What year is it? ? ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Just had a thought, maybe a rabid literalist Christian would think the year is 6000, while the opposing evolutionist would argue it's 4,540,000,000?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

Ok, then no, probably not!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
It depends which calendar you are using Gregorian, Judaic or the Islamic one - could be more but I'm only aware of those three.

I'd be willing to wager that there have been more calendars in human history than the mber of years that have passes in e Gregorian Calendar... Think about that for a moment... Let it slowly sink in... That's right, all the way in...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

There was a glitch.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Lol, nice one.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Well in Thailand the current year is 2558, and in China it is 4713.
Remember, not everyone uses the Western calender. Dates are pretty irrelevant when you look at it that way, it just depends on when people started counting.

The only use for 'dates' are for organising our lives, anything more special than that is just fantasy and imagination.

Yeah it's pretty interesting, here you can read this if you want to find out more about different types of calendars. www.hermetic.ch...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Answer one: Year of Our Lady of Discord 1166.

Answer two: That's a good question. Its a ritualistic way of life. Current time standards are based on human observations from the Earth using the local Sol as a means. There are lunar calendar variations and other Martian standards of Time. All of them are incorrect.

Answer three: I'd feel a whole lot more froody if we could ditch a couple of months. January and June and July.

Answer four: Time was manipulated by our future selves.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

Lol, nice one.

Yeah, the agents have been busy... They went back in time and reprogrammed the millennium bug that everyone thought would bring disaster... Ever wonder what happened with that? There was a glitch that "wasn't" a glitch... They reporgammed the millennium bug and now we have something much much worse, they called the "millennial" bug, but this one doesn't infect machines, it infects souls.

edit on 15-8-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Cool, I break even.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Now about that avatar picture.

"evillennium"

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Many have claimed that the current timeline is wrong and that whole periods of history has been invented:

-Sir Isaac Newton shortened Greek history by 300 Years

Did the Early Middle Ages Really Exist?
Prof. Hans-Ulrich Niemitz
Article in English

More from the same source

Also, the NewEarth YouTube channel has done some excellent work on criticising the accepted historic chronology, mostly based on the works of Anatoly Fomenko.

-MM
edit on 15-8-2015 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
Two questions.

Question one: What year is it?

1a. The year 2,487,848 AAHCD, give or take a few hundred thousand years.
OR
1b. 250,000 AHSCD, give or take a few thousand years.

Question two: Why?

2a. AAHCD stands for "After Accepted Hominid Creation Date". And yes, I just made that up.

2b. AHSCD stands for "After Homo Sapien Creation Date". Feel free to copy and spread my terms, by the way.

Question three: Would living in a different calendar make you feel any different to the one you're in now?

3. Not really. Though I guess it would put things in perspective for a lot of other people.

Okay that was three.

What the?! You cheated!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The number is not really important as long as there is consensus.

regardless the number we use IS incorrect.

but as others have shown whose system is right? as they all seem to have a religious event as the 0 year

so what would be correct ? the formation of the planet? the emergence of modern humans?
we cannot even agree for certain when this occurred so as long as the measurement of time remains
based on the length of the day and solar year with reasonable accuracy the actual number we assign to the year
is still largely irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
In Rosicrucian time, it's the year 3368

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

And in Gallifreyan time it is the year 35033414415.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think it's another year closer to disclosure!
When ever that is now ,
When is it ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join