It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High stangeness is real! ; don't know what Orbs & UFos are but i KNOW they are real!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
I think you need to slow down and go in depth with one case of the time, the stairs to heaven is details.
This. Pick one thing. Lumping too much together with no details as if it has any meaning is not effective.

Are dust specks real? Sure.
Do they make "orbs" in photos? Sure.

There's not really any debate about that fact. If you say orbs are also other things besides dust particles, maybe so, but pick an orb to discuss and provide some details about what makes you think so for that one specific example.

Also several authors on your bibliography have low credibility, like Linda Moulton Howe and others.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

but isn't that what ATS is? a place where one can give their opinion?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: icewater
no,not lately its not........provide proof of your opinion or GTFO is how it seems lately

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ
When someone tells me to show them proof I tell them to google it. Usually they are trying to get you to prove a negative anyway, which intelligent people know is impossible. But that is the way disingenuous debaters do it...put their adversary in that position and then gloat over how smart they themselves are. Ironically, usually their own sources are just someone else's opinion pieces anyway. So someone else writes their opinion and the low info debater cites it as proof of their own argument. It takes a pretty low IQ to reason that to debate in that manner is sound strategy.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

And another thing.....

....and I love this one....You cite a personal experience upon which you have formed an opinion and the low info debater wants you to cite a reference (off of the internet I presume). That one makes me laugh.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
One of my "favorite" things about ATS is "Already Discussed" with a link to a 5+ year hold thread.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: pupetmaster

I believe for those who have been abducted the experience and it's personal realness is measured by the high strangeness involved. Where seemingly contradictory and completely unknown, and terrifying actions are displayed by their abductors, often times in bed ,other times driving down the road.

The realness of the experience appears to be genuine at least subjectively ( not always, as some people commit fraud,and we are prone to things like sleep, and mental breakdowns) There are many similar motifs throughout history however that have a similar archetypical progression to alien abduction.

When I look for answers in this phenomenon, I look to people like Carl Jung. I believe that archetypes are the fundamental innate forms from which all thought and human action, and plots derive from. Having said that, perhaps there is a parallel flow of information, and or collective unconscious;in which societal pressures and the ebbs and flows of a progressing collective unconscious can manifest certain phenomenon.Thus producing reports of similar activity that is specific to a certain time period.(ie. elves, old hag, dwarfs, giants, angels the list goes on and on)

Of course everything I said has absolutely no way of proving it.I could write a long lengthy piece pointing to shared motifs and archetypes from civilizations that were not in contact with one another,but it's circumstantial at best and certainly upon the inspection of the scientific method it would not hold up.

To me,I don't believe that a true advanced civilization would travel the light years and cosmos to play cloak and dagger games with unsuspecting humans. However, I do know that our fears of such a thing occur because of a deep conflict we have within our psyches,possibly originating from our desire to be better care takers and more harmonious with our environment. the potential that we in fact are the aliens playing catch and release with our own psyche.

One last point, notice that many abduction cases when the abductee speaks to the aliens they reveal the nature of our world, and impart knoweldge in order to help humanity grow, so that it to might one day be a space faring species. Also there are others still that speak of all out destruction, and some are just cold and meticulous. Are these true instances of ' aliens' or does this sound more like a human thought and human knowledge and desires deep within our selves?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I'd give you 10 stars if I could for this response.

It's the very thing that I'm researching.

I'll send you an IM in fact, watch for it.

Kev

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
OK sooo.. SUNDAY August 16, 2015.. like 3 days ago..

I was riding in the passenger seat of my friend's car on the way back from the beach at about 8pm. i was getting pretty tired and fell asleep for only about 5 minutes before waking up. I woke up pretty suddenly and had the image of a beautiful woman stuck in my head (like remembering a dream right after waking up) except for some reason i immediately assumed it was an alien; which is weird because she looked human. Anyway, out of sheer curiosity, i rolled my window down and started thinking in my head "if you are an alien, prove it to me" and before i could even finish the thought, what looked like a shooting star except brighter and larger than your average shooting star, shot across the sky just above eye level. I was in such shock my heart was racing and i couldnt believe it. So again, i thought to myself "that had to be a coincidence. do it again so i know you're real" and not 1 second later it happened again. In disbelief i shook my head, blinked my eyes real hard and thought in my head a 3rd time "this is unbelievable, show me again so im sure" and boom there is goes a 3rd time. I couldnt wipe the smile off my face or the excitement in my voice as i turned to my friend driving to tell him what i had just experienced. before i could tell him he says "hang on bro, did you just see those lights go by real fast in the sky right in front of the car?!?!"

anyone else have anything like this happen to them?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I prefer to think that "high strangeness" is the point at which the true nature of reality bumps up against our limited perceptions and intelligence. We're no different than any other intelligent creatures. We have our limits, even though we sometimes like to believe we can figure out everything if we build the right machine to apply to the problem.

Multiple shifting dimensions of unperceived energies? Sure. And we only grasp a tiny portion of it.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: woodyharris

Woody, Not discounting your experience, but it may have been the annual perseid metor shower that happens exactly during this 2 week window of time.

Also, another point / clue, about attempting to decipher what high strangeness is despite KNOWING it exists;

Experiencers of D MT, DXT, Hayawaska... psychedelic voyages to the inner realm, describe a sound, a wave, a vibration getting louder and louder, until it dissociates you from who you are and brings you inter the inner realm.

Near the end of his life Jung added that the deepest layers of the unconscious function independently of the laws of space, time and causality. This is what gives rise to paranormal phenomena.

Although, my main point in the OPED, is that there is a phenomena that exists. It has been seen by millions over thousands of years and lately measured by various scientists. The socio-cultural archetype of common society is not ready yet to look seriously at these phenomena and most dismiss them as something not worth thinking about or simple mis-identifications.

The truth is much more complex. Not black or white but a shade of grey, in another veiled dimension that we don't yet have the technology of biological powers to access.

But the part that we can see, measure, indicates that the events being manifested have an agenda, a goal.
Whether that is to convert us to a form of spirituality as some have suggested, to bread us into better genetically-engineered human farms, or a multitude of other speculation. The goal is what interest me currently.

Jacques vallee, discussed wanting to test, study & interact with the phenomena as an information entity, perform experiments and gain insights. My hats Off to this man and others who have massively contributed to the study of these phenomena.

This might remain the biggest mystery for humanity for years to come, decades perhaps even millennia.
edit on 21-8-2015 by pupetmaster because: because

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join