It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driving Your Car Will Soon Be Illegal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You know that everything that's illegal it becomes willingly needed .. so what you get,? car hackers that will give you the codes to unlock the autopilot.,not traceable of course. .

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I am sure that eventually our society will come to that point, as we know now cars that stop for you in case of danger of getting too close behind another vehicle is already a reality, also cars that can drive for you and park for you.

But traffic accidental deaths are not the majority of preventable deaths in the nation, Prescriptions drugs are, do you see anybody complaining about that? no when is billions of dollars behind it, actually in the US we get propaganda every minute to go and get more self diagnosis and ask for prescription drugs because we may need them.

edit on 15-8-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
You know that everything that's illegal it becomes willingly needed .. so what you get,? car hackers that will give you the codes to unlock the autopilot.,not traceable of course. .

Nice comment. It's possible if a car can drive itself and its owner is away then hackers will be able to hack it and make it drive to their hideout. This will mean they don't have to actually steal the car directly.

Keep in mind cars are being stolen right now. Self-driving cars may or may not make it easier. There're also experimental devices police are developing which can shut off the engine in a vehicle, making pursuing a suspect a thing of the past. Cars already use computer chips today. If those computer chips are connected to WIFI then they could potentially be hacked.
edit on 15-8-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If I'm NOT driving I DON'T need auto insurance,the system designers will.
It's NOT in MY hands to control the vehicle so the ONUS of responsability will be on them.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

People driving cars might be in some museum some day and future generations might looking at driving a car like we look at the horse and buggy.

you do realize there are many thousands of people world wide that still use a horse and buggy, wagon or mule and wagon to get around and transport goods, what is it now about 120 yrs or more since the automobile was invented right.

edit on 15-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Your posts proves what I'm saying.

Cars driven by humans will become like the horse and buggy. You may have thousands of people driving in designated areas as a hobby but you will have millions on the roads in autonomous vehicles.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
By 2030 I'm pretty sure I won't be allowed to drive my own vehicle even if autonomous vehicles are not the norm.
And rightfully so.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
New rule:

Stop starting posts with "...And so it begins".

And so 'what' begins? What is this alluding to?

Are we in a movie?

No one is making cars illegal. Stop being dramatic.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LunaticPandora

In a world where driving a car is illegal...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Governments (local and state) make way, WAY to much money from parking tickets, traffic tickets, DUI's, ect to let this happen. This would cause all kinds of budget shortfalls for to many small communities. This will be fought tooth and nail.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Can we finally be allowed to drink or smoke doobies whilst enjoying a ride if the car is autonomous?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Imagine the scenario where autobot trucks are delivering goods across the country... In the dead of night, a small group would only have to place 1/2 dozen empty cardboard boxes across the road (say 4 major roads in/out of a city) and the trucks vehicles will just stop (no one to move the cardboard boxes) ... mass pile up of trucks waiting for a clear road ... then peak hour disruption.

Also easy to stop a bot-truck in the middle of nowhere. no drivers/witnesses. trucks full of supplies for the renegades.
Gone before someone comes to clear road for truck.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Who will want to drive anyway? we will have jetpacks hoverboards and stuff to play with.
Cars we will sleep in on the way to work.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

wrong it shows that antiqued technology is still being used as a means of transportation. not just for hobbyist.

there are people in india, china, africa the middle east, south america, and the U.S. that use it everyday as their main means of transit. be it to go get groceries, take crops to town, go to church. you see Amish and Mennonites on the main roads all the time, not just in some designated areas.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

That's just nonsense the horse and buggy are regulated to a small few. It's nothing compared to the cars driving on the road and if driving cars are regulated to the same as horse and buggy is today that just proves my point.

There are nearly 251,000 Amish people in America and Canada, according to Ohio State University researchers.

To try and act like a few people riding a horse and buggy means something to the cars on the road is just silly.

There's 318 million people in the U.S. and 35 million people in Canada.

We don't have to resurrect Einstein to figure these things out. It's just basic common sense and like I said by 2050-2060 autonomous vehicles will be the norm precisely because it saves lives and they will be more efficient.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I am sure that eventually our society will come to that point, as we know now cars that stop for you in case of danger of getting too close behind another vehicle is already a reality, also cars that can drive for you and park for you.

But traffic accidental deaths are not the majority of preventable deaths in the nation, Prescriptions drugs are, do you see anybody complaining about that? no when is billions of dollars behind it, actually in the US we get propaganda every minute to go and get more self diagnosis and ask for prescription drugs because we may need them.

Weird you should bring the Doctor drug death rate up.. 300,000 a year if everything is added together according to someone on Jimmy Church or C2C ?

In S.E. Asia in a country of 68 million there are on average 28,000 people killed each year on the roads...That does not count the ones who made it to hospital and died there. It won't happen in any foreseeable future because the roads for the most part are to narrow (built at a different time warp) and there is no place to park.. Parking is just stop driving where ever you are which gets interesting in towns where two cars opposite each other decide to stop.. Self driving motor bikes or small 3 wheel motorized vehicles might help but unless the world runs out of gas or diesel it ain't gonna happen around here..

I would like to have something that I could kick back and do nothing on a long trip and get to my destination in a timely manner.. However what a pain trying to program the GPS or even with voice commands tell the car where you want to go. It is my understanding they want to make cars without a steering wheel; guess they figure temp me not..

Normal road except what is considered a highway. Many roads in the cities are just about this wide but instead of vegetation over taking the road surface you have motor bikes parked along the sides of the two lanes making for a one lane narrow road.

This is a one way street but imagine if it were two way as most are:

All countries have bad and back country roads... IE not everyone lives in the burbs or cities.... Not yet anyway..

edit on 15-8-2015 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Prophesied by Rush

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I race autocross on the weekends. I really hope this self driving car fad isn't going to interfere with that one day.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yeah we've all seen movies about this "wonderful future" such as Sleeper. Glad I may only see it in it's infancy. I wouldn't want to be a part of Metropolis and the wonderful world this will become.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Here's some electric autonomous cars Apple is working on.

Eye-catching, sleek, incorporating Apple's trademark sleek design, these are what the world's graphic designers believe an iCar could look like. Refuelling rumours the tech giant's next big project is to bring a self-driving car to market, documents obtained by the Guardian say the company is searching for a location to test the autonomous vehicles to rival designs already manufactured by Google.

www.dailymail.co.uk... g-technology.html

edit on 15-8-2015 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join