It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learning to Love Texas,

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by defrag99

"It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt"--

. . . appears to be a wise policy here.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM No Comment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I thought the article "the propper use of Y'all" was funny even thogh I didn't read it. Comming from New Orleans we get "yall" in common talking. I remember I went on a school trip to D.C. with other schools and they were saying stuff liek "You guys" I couldn't help but laugh. And they though our use of Y'all was awesome. I love the word. Preserves my home...
I've always wanted to move to a small texan town. I love texas. I've been there a bunch of times. Open land where the stars are bright... Perfect for someone like me. People with out a care in the world. Don't worry be happy. Ah tears come to my eyes thinking about it. I just couldn't get a music job in a small town

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hello to a fellow Texan!

Yeah, we do have some stretches out there that are nothin' but dust and jackrabbits. It's a wonderful country, though; I do some archaological trips down to the Del Rio area to study rock art paintings on occasion.

It's the traveling time that surprises most folks. It takes about a day's drive to get from one edge of the state to another (north to south, east to west.) But we love it here... friendly folks and a laid-back attitude.

Welcome to ATS. For the most part, we're reasonably laid back!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yes, ATS is laid-back

The military group I go to, they have Gatekeepers that hound newbies nearly to death, before they know you.

The Cherokee group I go to, I had to take a course in their culture to even qualify to get in.

Here, I don't have to learn another language; don't have to adopt another society's manners, speak of only topics that interest them, in only very gentle and poetic ways and tones.

This place is a piece of cake. All I have to do is be polite and have no particular agenda. I think I can do that.

Texans are very polite. And I'm learning the correct use of the word, y'all.

Y'all have a point system I can't fathom, but it probably doesn't matter anyway.

Y'all have a search engine that finds what I'm looking for about half the time.

Y'all have a Happy New Year.

Thanks for noticing.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
LOL.. just so you guys know.. defrag99 is your formerly banned member 'Chaiyah'.

We just busted her over on military.com where she was banned once before, and will soon be banned again.

Thought we'd give you a heads up!

Have a good one,
Eagle

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thanks a bunch, soldier

I've been so careful to be polite, respectful, open and decent.

But nobody's counting, is that it?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by defrag99
Thanks a bunch, soldier

I've been so careful to be polite, respectful, open and decent.

But nobody's counting, is that it?

I'm not a soldier, sweetcheeks...but you're very welcome!

Eagle

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Where is mercy?

Not there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join