It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election 2016 What Will Happen

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Mandatory voting laws seem like a good thing, but in point of fact, would actually represent the massive government overreach we're always hearing so much about here at ATS.

Efforts to make voting easier, more direct and more secure would be the right answer, along with a Constitutional Amendment for Recall, Referendum and Initiative.

However, as Beezzer says ... I wouldn't hold my breath on the political establishment actually doing anything to increase the voice of the People.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: TonyS

I don't think there will ever be mandatory voting laws.

Politicians could care less what the electorate has to say.

If we had mandatory voting laws, the political scenery would be quite different.

You're entitled to your opinion, I hope you're right, but when too few exercise the right to vote, the veil of Government legitimacy waxes far too thin. Mandatory voting laws don't affect the politicians except to increase the appearance of legitimacy and accompanying mandate. The political scenery would remain entirely unchanged because the "Political Class" counts the votes! "Those who vote decide nothing, those who count the votes decide everything". (approximate quote of Josef Stalin).

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Politicians rely on the ennui of the American voter.

They factor it in, they hope for it.

I've come to the conclusion that all politicians are prostitutes.

And when we argue as to which one is better, we're actually arguing over which hooker is the better one.

Government is the biggest whorehouse.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

If we had mandatory voting laws, the political scenery would be quite different.

hhmmm....sounds like you don't care who wins, don't care about elections, don't care about the federal government. you have no hope for change, no hope for improvement, so, I guess you'll be staying home for the election...DOWN WITH THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT!!!!.....ok, fine...1 question...have you started drinking heavily?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
There are solutions available to us; we simply have to find the will to use them.

Government is the vehicle of the People's will. We the People.

We can blame the politicians, we can blame the corporations, we can blame special interest groups ... but in the end, the buck stops with US.

... and we go through apathy/action cycles as a people ... I'm hoping for a change soon.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

hhmmm....sounds like you don't care who wins, don't care about elections, don't care about the federal government. you have no hope for change, no hope for improvement, so, I guess you'll be staying home for the election...DOWN WITH THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT!!!!.....ok, fine...1 question...have you started drinking heavily?

Too early to start drinking heavily.

As much as I detest politicians, I care only because they are the servants and slime that get elected to represent all of us.

Like Diogenes, I'm still looking for an honest one.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

True, but the Republicans have too many people running which will split up the vote allowing someone to win with a very small majority. Also, I get the sense that the GOP is pushing Kasich extremely hard, right out of the gate he had huge support that for me just did not seem to be real. The GOP I think wants Kasich over anyone else for the fact that they need Ohio to win the general election.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I agree. Of all the options, Trump is the only one who will truly take action to fix this country.
We need him.
He seems to understand exactly what is needed to fix our economy, healthcare, immigration issues, the international view of the US as weak, etc. And he is not afraid to do it. He will get it done.

For the first time in the many years since I could vote, I truly feel strongly about a candidate.

I feel hope for the future for the first time in many years.
My hope for the election is that others will wake up and see this. I hope they put aside partisanship and political correctness and finally do what is needed to fix this country.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Location, Location, Location. Just like real estate, political opinions are all about location.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Bush v clinton, in the lowest voting turnout of all time.

End battle of republicans will be Rubio, Cruz, Bush, Trump, Walker, Paul and a possible theocrat.
Christie will falter as a bully and douche he is.
Carson will be seen as the moderate he is, not a bad guy it seems tho.

End battle democrats will be Sanders, Clinton, Cuomo, Biden.
Clinton acts like Romney in the debates, saving enough face. really all she needs to take the easy cheap route, and appeal to women. autowin. She will use the how would you understand arguments you are not a woman kind of stuff.
Sanders is there to take his worst ideas and incorporate them into the party platform.

Trump is given VP, he wants to be in the club and will take it.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChairmanMeow
a reply to: DelMarvel

True, but the Republicans have too many people running which will split up the vote allowing someone to win with a very small majority. .

Most of those candidates are going to run out of money and drop out long before the end.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ChairmanMeow

Just watch...

because of some sick-butt tradition, or who knows why...
people think a third time will be a charm?

The burning bush's had it in the bag by way of getting grandfathered in during their grandfather's reign...

He'll be elected by the supreme court, just like his brother that failed us on 911 was elected by the supreme court.

personal opinions stink, especially mine.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join