It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germans are so scared of surveillance they microwave their ID cards

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

According to a police statement, the man was concerned that his privacy might be violated by the microchip that has been embedded in all German IDs since 2010. The man now faces either a fine or time in jail for the offense of illegally modifying official documents. According to German law, identification documents are state property.

I'm used to casual paperwork, passport, driving license and so on. I'm for a medical 'card' on which my essential would be stored (blood type, allergy, heart disease...) so I could be taken care effectively should I have an accident.

But a chipped ID card, hum...what's on this, to what extend, who can read it/pirate this, can I limit the infos like the one on my passport?

I'd prolly do the same

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Not sure why the guy admitted to doing it intentionally or how they could prove otherwise...?

+34 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

No, Germans are not "scared".

We just learned the hard way where a total surveillance state leads.

So will you.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Seems sort of pointless, other than an act of protest.
Like burning a draft card.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

what's on this, to what extend,

All ID information, your photo and your fingerprints.
Stored digitally on an RFID chip.
To the extend where you'd only need this information to commit fraud.

who can read it/pirate this,

Anybody with a smartphone with NFC.
My son ( 5 years old) can.

can I limit the infos like the one on my passport?

Nope. But you can make a million copys if you like.

That's why I never have it on me.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious

No, Germans are not "scared".

We just learned the hard way where a total surveillance state leads.

So will you.

Germany won a lawsuit against Facebook's naming policy.

edit on 15-8-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Meaning:
The only thing added to the security of the card is that now everybody can commit ID fraud with your card at any time.
Leave it around on your desk at work, someone has a copy and it doesn't take a minute.

And in a digital sence:
A copy of the data are enough to reproduce an identical card.

They (tptb) probably did it to give the thousands of illigal immigrants a chance to take it

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Actually, they lost. In 2013.
But there is a new one in the works.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

I just put the title of the article as the title of the post. Should have add ''says Washington post''. My bad. But I will benefit from your knowledge: is this a commun thing to put out of commission this chip or do people get along? Are people aware of what infos are actually on it?

Jeff

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

I wonder how this would fare in a couple of washing/drying cycles

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Just my opinion but i would be quite happy to have all my information put on my car licence . Details like name address etc but also a link of some sort to my fingerprints and DNA . It doesnt have to be electronic , perhaps a bar code . I have not done anything illegal , no need to fear having my details on record . To my way of thinking , if you want to rape , rob , murder etc you better be prepared to walk to the scene of the crime . I cannot for the life of me see the downside of that . Well unless you raped someone .

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

People seem to tune out when you tell them about the dangers and don't fo a damn thing about it.
The most accept this common slavecard as is because it's the law.

In the Dutch province of Germany it is only lawful to identify yourself with this card (or pasport with the same chip) when you take employment.

Hence: everybody has there slavechip.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Truth is given there surveillance capability's these days there are a significant amount of other way and means of tracking a person of interest.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

The card survives this very well.
It was tested obviously.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Tracking a person of interest is not going to work like this.

Any person (of interest) would know the traceability and would therefore not have the card on him at all time.
Our driver's license doesn't have a chip and is allso an ID card, except in the case where you go to work for a new employer the first time or go a broad.

People of interest are usually a little smarter and use the law to their advance ;-)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath
[url=http://]https:
I'm for a medical 'card' on which my essential would be stored (blood type, allergy, heart disease...) so I could be taken care effectively should I have an accident.

But a chipped ID card, hum...what's on this, to what extend, who can read it/pirate this, can I limit the info's like the one on my passport?

The whole point of the implanted verichip is to put our entire medical history on it so your very caring benevolent govt can give you the best possible medical care when you need it.

Just wonder what other information will go into without us ever knowing, like or those other invasions of privacy and surveillance and agreements not ever criticize or take legal action that we agree to in all the terms and conditions we agree to when we click in a box on the computer screen.

lest see now, what sort of information could go into a implanted chip which agree to never take out.

police records
insurance claim history
credit worthiness
personal domestic history
number of relationship with same or other gender in your life.
employment history - no need for resumes any more your employers will take care of all them for you so when you apply for a job you give them your name they look up a website and theirs your entire work history with employer comment - no need for reference checks any more.
driving infringement history
fines history
types of motor vehicles owned
boats if any owned
courses attended
skill base
copy of every comment you ever make on a forum, blog, internet site or on radio or at gathering of 3 or more persons.
donations to charity history
demonstration of commitment to your community by the number of volunteer hours worked
incomes earned in your lifetime.
movie viewing history

Im sure others could add more.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Just my opinion but i would be quite happy to have all my information put on my car licence . Details like name address etc but also a link of some sort to my fingerprints and DNA . It doesnt have to be electronic , perhaps a bar code . I have not done anything illegal , no need to fear having my details on record . To my way of thinking , if you want to rape , rob , murder etc you better be prepared to walk to the scene of the crime . I cannot for the life of me see the downside of that . Well unless you raped someone .

Well I do, but not for criminal stuff I'd do, but to keep some scums at bay. I have had some minor annoyances with one of my email account been hijacked once. It's been a pain to recover use of it. So having my real name, birth date, address, picture (it's on german's card) en.wikipedia.org... on a chip that can be scanned/copied in a sec? Maybe I'm a bit parano but I feel it's an invitation to identity theft.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

So having my real name, birth date, address, picture (it's on german's card) en.wikipedia.org... on a chip

Thats why i said bar code . The data can be stored remotely and easily accessed . DNA is the police of the future .

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: dreamingawake

Actually, they lost. In 2013.
But there is a new one in the works.

Oh, okay conflicting sources some said they had won, the other said it was ongoing.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

lest see now, what sort of information could go into a implanted chip which agree to never take out.

police records
insurance claim history
credit worthiness
personal domestic history
number of relationship with same or other gender in your life.
employment history - no need for resumes any more your employers will take care of all them for you so when you apply for a job you give them your name they look up a website and theirs your entire work history with employer comment - no need for reference checks any more.
driving infringement history
fines history
types of motor vehicles owned
boats if any owned
courses attended
skill base
copy of every comment you ever make on a forum, blog, internet site or on radio or at gathering of 3 or more persons.
donations to charity history
demonstration of commitment to your community by the number of volunteer hours worked
incomes earned in your lifetime.
movie viewing history

Im sure others could add more.

Well I think you hit the nail there for me. I actually don't believe that in the futur these chip would be limited strictly for basic identification. They'll surely be a lot of 'useful' infos on these, protected with latest security tech, soon to be broken. Nope, unless I feel like it, I want to release my infos on my terms.
edit on 2015 8 15 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join