It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s Time to Haul Down Another Flag of Racist Hate (POW/MIA Flag)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: BASSPLYR

You are right in that he horribly (and predictably) misused the term "racist" to sensationalize his title. And, to be fair, "know nothing readership" is really not appropriate when the author uses such base tactics.

Is that all we are, headline readers? I realize what Facebook/Twitter/et al has done to us in the last few years, but is it really an excuse? He doesn't get a pass for trying to abuse a headline nor should he. They write headlines like this because people wont read it otherwise.

Their attempt failed, they had to retract and apologize for it.

He had a story with decent meat to it, but probably assumed posting a proper headline would yield low returns, so instead plays on a current topic in the media.

I think his apology and the editors should be sufficient.

If you think about it, this thread and every headline is not any different, except that the body of the story for them doesn't shape up to anything reasonable, it just goes on about a headline, a non-story, fails to even address the point of the article.

-There's a girl who fell down a well, but hey, you didnt say girl, you said "bird" and even though we know its a girl now, we'll just leave her there. Your fault.-

edit on 15-8-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: infolurker

Not to worry, Jesus will return soon and all your problems will be over.

Nana, is that you?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
That 99% of the " Hippies" I have met in my life are against leaving POW's and want MIA searched for.

I find it amusing and sad at the same time when some jerk says something that offends someone its always the "Liberals, hippies fault" yet they won't even look in the mirror.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lostinthedarkness
a reply to: enlightenedservant

yup at 1.52 you can clearly see the stars and bars on a flag pole on his right but on his left is a flag pole that .certainly looks like the stars and strips.

Hmm since he is using the stars and strips also I guess the it also stands for racism .

That's dumb. The KKK was started by former confederate soldiers. And they've used the confederate flag as a symbol since their creation. And apparently even neo-Nazis use the confederate flag as one of their symbols, as this video shows. So why don't I see racist hate groups showing the flag mentioned in the OP?

Personally, I think they show the American flag too, since it pertains to their whole "we wanna take our country back from the others" mantra. Hence why they show the Nazi flag (their current values), the confederate flag (their heritage), and the American flag (their goal).

edit on 15-8-2015 by enlightenedservant because: well, if you really wanna know. i used wording that wasn't very clear, which i didn't discover until i'd already posted my thoughts. so i had to scurry quickly to edit said post, before someone else had a chance to quote it

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
So because My Lai happened we're supposed to ignore all the POWs and MIA?

Seems legit.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

The same reasoning as . The Nazi and KKK Aryan groups used the swastika . Hindu's and many native cultures like the Hopi and Navajo used it as good luck fertility long before the Nazis did . So now it means Nazi every where its found. Same reasoning.

Oh forgot to add another major target of the KKK was carpet baggers. Kkk tried to stop the carpet baggers from taking advantage of the land owners. Some land owner never had slaves but ended sharecropping on what use to be their own land by high intrest reconstruction loans from carpetbaggers.

edit on Saturday201556311183106America/Chicago15 by Lostinthedarkness because: added

edit on Saturday201547311583106America/Chicago15 by Lostinthedarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

If they exist.

i think what is alluded to is that the term POW/MIA was coined solely for the purpose of political machination.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Hell, as far as I'm concerned anyone who attacks an inanimate object and ends the attack with "because: racial hatred!" is mentally disturbed and should be ignored because they are an idiot.

agreed

Some politicians are playing people like a fiddle . Windem up and let em loose then they run around and spew bovine bio waste and hate.

(post by kellyjay removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Shamrock6

If they exist.

i think what is alluded to is that the term POW/MIA was coined solely for the purpose of political machination.

My response to that would be that the author of the article should learn the history of the flag, since he obviously has no clue.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yeah...okay. Because there weren't POW/MIA of all races during that war.

The walking brain dead are coming.
edit on 8/15/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lostinthedarkness

The same reasoning as . The Nazi and KKK Aryan groups used the swastika . Hindu's and many native cultures like the Hopi and Navajo used it as good luck fertility long before the Nazis did . So now it means Nazi every where its found. Same reasoning.

Oh forgot to add another major target of the KKK was carpet baggers. Kkk tried to stop the carpet baggers from taking advantage of the land owners. Some land owner never had slaves but ended sharecropping on what use to be their own land by high intrest reconstruction loans from carpetbaggers.

Umm, ok. So, how does this pertain to my post?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And big surprise, he's full of crap. The first known use of the term Missing In Action was during WWII in 1944.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Umm, ok. So, how does this pertain to my post?

The KKK was started by former confederate soldiers. And they've used the confederate flag as a symbol since their creation

Point 1

used the confederate flag so now they used it is now exclusively KKK now ?

I Was using another symbol as an example that people decided it was racist with out knowing any other meaning or other parts of history.

point 2

racism wasnt the only reason for its creation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join