It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Uncensore Women's Breasts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Not gonna act like I got all the answers, but there seems to be a few obvious points to bring up.

Guys breasts don't produce milk, women's do. We're instinctively attracted to breasts as a source of sustenance. That doesn't seem to fade after you're done weening, now if culture plays a role in keeping this connection alive after it's served purpose, I don't know.

Breasts are tied to hormones. I think it's mostly prolactin and estrogen, but maybe got that off. Perhaps your preference in T&A reflects your needs of a particular type of woman based on your own genetic makeup. Not sure.

Then there's the whole clothing thing in general. We lost most of our hair, and needed to adapt to many climates. Why clothe women's breasts, and not males? I'd be interested to know when this started, but in general it's got to be to keep a male from wanting to rape a woman, or in other ways not remain decent out and about in society.

Women can naively think that it makes no difference, and there are nude colonies that suggest after desensitization it very well might not. Again, seeing how it first started would be interesting. It's as if some sort of convenience that came about when we started clothing ourselves, and after it was standard by a percentage for a period of time, the hypersensitization of men to nipples/breasts of women caused concern to bare it again.

So my conclusion is a mixture of biology, technology, and culture.
edit on 15-8-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Breasts need to stop being "mature" content, it's silly.

I can murder, commit implied atrocities, and do many other implied and horrible things in a video game, but a woman's nip show up and bam, unlike the other things, instant mature rating.

Our weird backwards repressive society needs to grow up.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

originally posted by: ProleUK
a reply to: ghostrager

Women should be allowed by law to be topless if they so wish, just like men are, without the fear of being charged with some form of gross indecency.

Boobs will remain sexy, just like mens chests are to women.

Legs in my opinion are far sexier, maybe they should be covered too?

topless is against-the-rules in places with signs/ordinances notifying the public...

but a female is not considered 'top-less' if she wears Pasties covering the nipples in many places not posting signs and citing ordinances...

the ACLU needs a prodding to uphold rights

Ok, I've learned something new. Pasties aren't just a type of pie.

Is a man considered not being topless if he wears pasties?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ProleUK

Pasties on our nips? As long as its a cheese and onion.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I love breasts, who doesn't? we all look and want to look! but it does seem to come down to culture a lot, in the way we treat/view them! I have noticed people from the USA (in general) seem more for censoring than say the Europeans, who for the most part generally just don't care, it's not really an issue. and I agree with that!

Pl3bscheese has a point though, seeing the transition from outrage to desensitization would be very interesting!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: ProleUK

Pasties on our nips? As long as its a cheese and onion.

Lol

Wheres a Homer Simpson gif when I need one

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
showing your breast's is like Spandex. It's a privilege not a Right.
Sometimes it's best to keep a top on.........

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

originally posted by: Kromlech
YES, let's do!

...Where's the pics?

And that is the very reason why we can't accept women's chests as normal. Stop sexualizing something that's natural and normal. They're just breasts.

Ghost

I suggest that you are not very familiar with that part of the female anatomy. In females, most of my intimate acquaintance over my long years, the breasts are an active part of their physical sexuality. True, just a stop on the way down from the ears and lips, but an important stop nonetheless. If you are devoid of experimentation breasts, simply ask on ATS what most women feel (pun intended) about breasts. Or other guys may chose to differ with you also. Certainly, breasts are important to a guy's sexuality. --Some how I believe you got a bit warped in your view of these female delights.
edit on 15-8-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
For a number or women, breasts are just a pain in the butt, They are never happy with them (too small, too big, get caught between the body and arm while sleeping, getting in the way of work duties ect.)

However, when a group of males and females are together doing an activity, like playing cards, breasts do not come into "play".

after the first few minutes, the "attraction" goes away.. ( for the most part )

I used to frequent a topless bar while in the Marines, I made more than one girl blush, not because I was staring at their chest, because I was staring them right in the eyes (I'm a leg man obviously, look at the avatar of my wife) boobs are a "Meh" thing for me.

we have had many card parties when it was too hot and the AC was not working, everyone ended up topless and after 5 minutes it was no thing.

If topless women were and everyday event the "mystique" would be gone, there would be folks that still sexualize them, but some folks sexualize feet too. (my wife's feet are perfect, and fit in the palm of my hand, she has been offered $$ to be a foot model)

I've also seen men that should wear bras too so it goes both ways..

it should be an individuals choice....

Morality is not static, it changes, so laws on Morality should be abolished. they are just too fickle
edit on 15-8-2015 by thedigirati because: the s in breasts was missing

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: ghostrager

originally posted by: Kromlech
YES, let's do!

...Where's the pics?

And that is the very reason why we can't accept women's chests as normal. Stop sexualizing something that's natural and normal. They're just breasts.

Ghost

I suggest that you are not very familiar with that part of the female anatomy. In females, most of my intimate acquaintance over my long years, the breasts are an active part of their physical sexuality. True, just a stop on the way down from the ears and lips, but an important stop nonetheless. If you are devoid of experimentation breasts, simply ask on ATS what most women feel (pun intended) about breasts. Or other guys may chose to differ with you also. Certainly, breasts are important to a guy's sexuality. --Some how I believe you got a bit warped in your view of these female delights.

No, it's the hypocrisy that is wrong in this. Women are told to cover up whilst men can be truely topless if they so wish.

Yes breasts are sexual, so are male chests and nipples. If women need to stay covered, men should too.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I read an article years ago that the Eskimos have 300 words for snow because it plays such an important part in their life. The article went on to say that there are almost 200 words for the female breast just beginning with the letter "B". It was kind of eye opening.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If you need proof as to why exposed breasts are taboo in the US, just look at the replies in this thread. We have a combination of "hell yeah, I want to see some titties!" and "ew, most titties are yucky." For some reason, people have also commented in such a way that they apparently think women would go everywhere in public topless if only it wasn't considered lewd. On what planet would that ever happen? We're talking about beaches and special events here.

Some people stop maturing mentally around age 12 and this thread is proof.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Not our fault it's the boobies fault!.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: staple
Religion.
Something about eating fruit and being punished with shame.

Yes because religion is the only thing that has modesty......

Stupid response.......

I know plenty of non religious people who dont want everyone to see their breasts, or to see everyone elses for that matter

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
The women that are more than willing to show their breasts.

Are precisely the ones the should keep theirs covered.

EXACTLY LOL
I've Seen Some That Don't Need to be Shown.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

That attitude is there because it IS taboo.
edit on 15-8-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Haha, so true so true... It doesn't matter one way to me honestly woman wants to walk around topless let it be woman wants to wear conservative clothing let it be, I wonder how many have actually seen real boobs in this thread lmao jk jk don't sacrifice me you e net nerds.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
The women that are more than willing to show their breasts.

Are precisely the ones the should keep theirs covered.

Maybe... Maybe not. It's all about perspective I suppose. Women's bodies are objectified and sexualized. It is inevitable. If we could show our breasts it may take some of the "forbidden fruit" edge off of the sexualization of breasts specifically, it would be more normalized because it is more common.

I am of an age now where I would keep 'em covered, but when I was younger and less self-conscious about my body I would have had no qualms about topless. I think that most women, once gravity and stretch marks started to have too much of an effect would stay covered up on top, and the younger ones would go topless. There are always exceptions and the ones that people notice (especially men) would be the nice ones and the really not so nice ones. The women that are staying covered would slip by their notice.

It does make me angry that people think that they have a right to pass judgment on women's bodies in such a harsh way and I think that men are the worst offenders about this. They will get highly offended and even angry if a women that they don't find attractive enough is showing too much of her body ("Disgusting. No one wants to see that"), and they will get offended if a woman that they find attractive (that they don't think will be interested in them) shows too much of her body ("Slut"). She is either too ugly and should hide or is too pretty and should hide, either way, she's not really a person anymore... She's just a body, or even just a few parts of her body judged and defined based upon the whim of the observer. If we recognized that boobs are part of an actual human being instead of an object of offense, desire or whatever projection someone else has for them, then this wouldn't be such an issue. They are her body parts to show or hide or do with as she pleases and for whatever reason most people forget that.

Women can't go topless because men can't just enjoy the view for the ones they like because society says that men have no self control, or because men can't just ignore the ones that they don't like because the world should only be filled with beautiful women that please their eye and anything else is offensive at best, or an affront to their manhood at worst.

Please keep in mind that I do believe that women judge other women, but the real driver behind whether or not women stay covered and how much is men. The men that would actually act on any of this are rare, but the thought patterns are innate and further entrenched by our current culture. Having said all of this, I don't think that a man should be reduced to the sum of his beer gut or six pack abs either and that is a growing tendency in the current culture as well. Objectification of men may catch up to objectification of women here fairly soon. It is not a good thing. Not at all.
edit on 15-8-2015 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Many are going to say religion.

However, here's my $.02. Not so much a cause, but a result.

Women are going to go topless. Great! Wonderful! Feel free!!! Let them breathe!!! Burn the bras (thanks, you relative of the onion!) !!!!...

But guys...guess what is going to happen then.

Then, when we simply have reactions that are genetic in nature...and so damned hardwired into the very core of what it means to be a human male.... The women are going to cry foul.

"Why can't I walk around topless without men oggling my breasts!!!" "Why are my breasts SOOO sexualized!!!"

Guess what...breasts have a dual purpose. Feeding children, and sexual attraction to men.

And hon, sorry....got a nice rack? I'm GOING to notice. Am I going to leer? Am I going to drool?

No, as an adult, I am going to do my damnedest not to.

But, I am going to notice. And the "feminists" will be up in arms.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

For how long?

Surely you don't think this would go on forever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join