It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Guesstimation on Prana...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
"And now I see with eye serene,
The very pulse of the machine.
A being breathing thoughtful breaths,
A traveler between life and death."
- William Wordsworth

I"ve been on and off about wanting to do some research and a short post on Prana, due to the believe that its essence would be life in purest form. Now I'm not so much as wanting to try to proof it existence, or go into a large scientific debate about, but more or less trying to approach a general rule of thumb about it. The whole idea of Prana, is that its a fundamental, unifying, life force, that can be harnessed into ones physiology at will, and can add benefits to ones health such as increasing vigor, or possibly improving bodily and mental functions. And I do believe, I've actually some what managed to focus it to a certain degree, just by focusing my breath toward or inward to my body.

"Breathing control gives man strength, vitality, inspiration, and magic powers."
- Chuang Tzu

I've felt re-energized at times and have had some interesting things happens in my blind attempts, to the point of having acute mental clarity, where it really feels like you got your mojo going.

But really, it not much of a big deal, since everything that breathes, is breathing in Prana all the time, or thats what the stories say. There are probably quite few different techniques or methods that attempt to harness it, if given enough practice or even clear enough instructions as to how, or that what I'd like to believe. Maybe it more or less chemical reaction of sorts rather then it being an intentional, psycho-active reaction, like Kundalini, where the body some how learns to harness or with hold more oxygen in the blood making it more rich in a sense. For example, there have been people who meditate to help with certain super human feats, like being able to holds one breath much longer when swimming or diving much deeper, to being able to harness body heat, which is famous feat among Buddhist Monks.

I've also wondered if it possible that it is linked with '___' in that sense, but not the synthetic recreational version. The natural, home grown stuff, made from bio processes that supposed to be in various amounts of life, from mammalian to reptile, to even plant life. Then again, prana does seems very ghostly as well, even to the point of believe that its actually mythical and related to magic, but I'd like to try to stray from such a relation, and would rather look at more naturally.

I also have been curious, and am stumped to its possible link to Kundalini, which, I believe, personally, is much more of a psychoactive effect of sorts, and it's fueled by Prana. Or would Kundalini, be at the core of it all instead.

edit on 14-8-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I do not seem to have the same idea/definition of chi/Prana/Kundalini/light that you have. To me they are the same thing but maybe I am miss understanding them.

For instance if we talk about a Kundalini flame that warms up from the bottom of the spine spreading out all over the backside to fix a back ache. Do you see the physical warmth/cold/vibration effect that occurs in the body as Kundalini and the Prana/light/chi as the cause of the physical effect?

Some push breath inwards some push minds inwards and the spiritual/physical follows. If the tool works use it

Also not all spiritual people take good care of their body. In my case I am compensating my lack of effort in eating right/sporting with spiritual energy since it makes the body need less maintenance.

I did not like sweating and how the human body handled heat before I added spiritual energy to it. It is still a bit off, but good enough for now. Human bodies are weird. They feel so strange to me. I am so clumsy with my body. Maybe I need a couple of thousands years in a human body to become more physical. But that is not gonna happen.

The physical is just energy in different forms manifested on a quantum field that we see as particles. The trick is to be able change the quantum field in the body any way so the energy manifests in different forms either transforming to what is needed or pulling in what it needs from other sources.
edit on 15-8-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
There are three kinds of "energy" in the spiritual cosmos: Kundalini, expressing the will-force aspect of what Theosophy calls the "First Logos" and called Shiva in Hinduism 2. Prana, the life-energy or vitality, expressing the Second Logos (Brahma), 3. Fohat, the material forces of nature studied by physicists, which is associated with the Third Logos (Vishnu). They are NOT interconvertable. In Kabbalah, they correspond, respectively, to Kether at the head of the Pillar of Equilibrium, Chokmah at the head of the Pillar of Mercy and Binah at the head of the Pillar of Judgement of the Tree of Life (Otz Chiim).

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Yea, I may have been trying to present that Prana and Kundalini are completely separate, but from what I read, or even experienced, its plausible that they are. I've read so many different things and opinions on the two where some say theres none, while other believe there a huge one with no actual clear distinction .

I'd like to think of Prana as being a little more raw, and can only be guided, much like Chi, where its converted into Kundalini, and is more thought reactive and driven, but is much more volatile.

edit on 15-8-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So, I woke up one morning with a video of Christine Breeze in my mailbox, this was about 4-5 years ago... She is amazing if you haven't heard of her the. Check her out on YouTube, but it was this one particular video that got to me at that point in time... I felt the energy all through my body... I would call it prana, I dunno how but I just tuned into that vibe, and I was concious of it from that moment and held it from morning till night... That's when things got interesting... My brother was going to the pier at a beach near the town we lived, and he asked if I wanted to tag along, and I chose to...so we get to the pier and it's getting late so there weren't many people and one of his friends brought along some marijuana... So the six of us smoked about half a gram of weed which I decided to partake in but didn't expect anything from it for being that small of an amount... We finished that and then my brother had more friends at another beach about 10 more min down the road, but on the ride to the beach was when it started getting intense, and my friend who sent me the video that morning that got me in this vibe was texting me at that time... I don't remember the convo fully but it was kinda repetitive if I remember and very vague but the only way I can describe what started to take place is that I was connecting to everything... I have experienced feelings like it before but on intense mushroom experiences... My brain started going a hundred miles an hour after we got outa the car and started walking to the beach... My brain started fighting with itself... Like left vs right and I felt like I was losing my mind but I got to a point where it was like an explosion of energy, and my mind settled and I just knew! Whatever! It was so insane because I looked at the sky and said there is going to be a meteor shower, no one there had known about it previously but there were shooting stars in the spot of the sky I was looking at... Seriously gave me the perception that I created it... And when I later asked my brother he says he doesn't remember a meteor shower... On the beach we were walking and I was totally in a different place then normal... Total awareness and understanding of your surroundings is a profound experience... My brother looks at me and says " Do you want to fly?" I look at him puzzled and think of my daughter and girlfriend at home... Fer some reason I guess I felt I wouldn't b back if I decided to go with him, which started the chain reaction of me gaining more fear and coming back down to this "Normal" experience of the 3d time-space being... Now I don't know how I did this besides literally feeling good all day. Every breathe is filling your body with energy
prana is powerful if you know how to access it... The more intense part is what I think might have been a kundalini experience but I'm not 100 percent, what do you think?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ResearchNOWknowledge

Well...ahhh...hmmmm...

I was thinking that the believe of Kundalini worked more or less like a psycho reactive form of Prana, that ether could be influenced by thought, or even the whole sum or singularity of the psyche. That it would have more to do with the whole consciousness, and it having a more profound effect on the psyche, and may even be responsible for extraordinary paranormal experiences.

It believed to be a form of pure psychic energy, so I'd like to assume that its the mental form of it, to where one amasses enough prana, and some how becomes processed by the body, or how from what I've read about one yogi, the root, to become Kundalini. However, since it probably a much more sensitive form of prana, it can be more explosive and volatile, where it even might have too much influence on prana on the other hand.

Prana on the other hand, being a more stable, and not so sensitive form of energy, and its much harder for me to come up with a few examples. From what I've read, its believed to be a life force, to a vital principle, and is said to be attained just by breath. And might have to with vitality more so then psychic/temporal energies, where it more or less the raw form of a resource, while kundalini the manufactured goods.

But hey, Im just musing.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

Yea, I may have been trying to present that Prana and Kundalini are completely separate, but from what I read, or even experienced, its plausible that they are. I've read so many different things and opinions on the two where some say theres none, while other believe there a huge one with no actual clear distinction .

I'd like to think of Prana as being a little more raw, and can only be guided, much like Chi, where its converted into Kundalini, and is more thought reactive and driven, but is much more volatile.

I have times when the energy play around by itself when my mind finds it less suitable so I will say that I cannot decrease the energy flow that goes from the head (cooling energy) and the warmth/vibration that is created in the mid body. I can push energy (vibrational) to/thru the hands if needed (The energy used in Reiki). If you ever do get a perfect model of how it is connected please send it to me.

edit on 16-8-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ResearchNOWknowledge

It does seem to have been some kind of energetic body experience.

If you are easily stimulated by sound then you can try astral projection videos on youtube. I do nor leave the body but vibrate like crazy if I feel like doing it.

If you start talking/singing in tongues then you know part of your brain have become over creative/over stimulated.

Can be fun for a while.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

If I ever do manage to come up with a perfect model, Ill remember to send it to you first before hand.

From what I've read from a Yogi Guru, Gopi Krishna, he pointed out that in his book, that Kundalini is made from the base of the spine, and wanted to make a more precise science out of it, however, despite his well best interest, I think he was much to stuck in religious views that might have hindered him in attempt to gain a better understanding or enlightenment.

What I'm thinking though, is that Prana or the practice of harnessing maybe just a by product of having increased oxygen levels in the body and when the extra oxygen reaches the organs it bring s about an intense feeling of relaxation, almost like a coolant. However, if it brought to the base of the spine and focused, the reproductive organs, might have a large effect on ones production of hormones, which can boost ones energy levels.

And the body and mind attempting to harness or with straining it might be a clue to producing Kundalini.

Even the feeling of drawing energy into the body, maybe the bodies pores trying to draw more air in to the body to help compensate.
But how it becomes Kundalini, or transforms from a life force, to a life force with thoughts behind it, is beyond me or any of my feeble attempts. It may simply be just a by product of the subconsciousness integrating and attempting to process the transitioning Prana.

After all, Kundalini is said to many to be the cause of many aliments and can be intensely problematic if one is not mentally prepared for it, like how Gopi Kirshna believed he would been driven mad if he wasn't an experienced practitioner of Hindu yoga. I had a bad experience with practicing Third Eye meditation, although it gave me the idea of how focus on the chakra points in the body, it was mentally devastating for sometime, making my mind very over active, and I had to force my self to try and slow it down.

Even I've felt the rising serpents wrath of being to energetic or absorbed in myself, that it causes in balances in my personality, never mind the strain of thinking that goes if one think they are in control of it.

edit on 16-8-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

I agree that third eye can both be negative and positive. It can sometimes be like turning on a wifi that can transmit data to you that can both be nice or very annoying.

I would recommend increasing the part of you that is aware of yourself if you play around much with empath, channeling and telepathy abilities. I normally try to push the third eye down a bit and definitely do not want empath ability on this level of being.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

About relaxation. I can see that deep breathing can cause the body can become relaxed. An energetic state (chi vibration) can make you naturally yawn even when your mind are not really sleepy but your body feel very relaxed.
edit on 16-8-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Not really working out for you.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The Third Eye a cool symbol in the respect that it regarded as being the Minds Eye, as well as often associated with spiritual accomplishment but to me it kind of seems like a regulator of sorts. I do get what your saying by trying to keep the third eye or the region down a few nauches just so it won't go out of rhythm.

True, I have been slouching on inner workings for quite while, and more or less just been observing things, contemplating on the senses, trying to feel out the dynamic external. For the most part, it been alright, at times it feels worthless, but then I've felt almost content or complete in a certain sense. Which would be little disappointing if that was it.

I guess I'm more into Zen and Channeling, no guiding or chanting, and adding some poly metrics to it as well, like the Tiger stance you see in martial art movies and try to keep static while listening to reiki music like this for example for air quality.

I tried getting into Qi Qong, but I chose to be cheap,and used a PDF. I'm all right with the Upper body, but I felt like I was injuring my self when it came to my legs, like me knees weren't supposed to do that, or understanding the proper dance steps.

join