It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Debate Forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I was just thinking how cool it would be to have a sort of official debate forum. Perhaps at the top you could have a survey over the two issues and members could sign up to present their arguments. Basically the forum would be a debate filled with resources or suppose statements if the member specifically is involved in the field and then ats could vote on the winner. The threads would have to be heavily moderated perhaps but each post should contain some evidence to one point or the other with the ending result being the vote of ats choosing a side.

So for example: Are humans contributing to climate change..... Yes (check mark here) or No (check mark here)

Presenting on one side will be these members ....x, y ,z

Presenting on the other side will be these member a, b, c

They each put together their argument then ats can sift through and vote.

I just thought it would be a change of pace from the flood of opinions and may even be a cool feature to get people involved in some topics they may normally glance over....and.......it could put some definitive answers on what or how ATS views certain topics.

Anyway just an idea I had and thought id throw this out there.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
ATS does have a Debate Forum.

How it's set up and the rules are not the same as you've outline, but you can go in and take a look at what is already set up.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Actually what you are suggesting, is actually an argument forum, and we have plenty of those lol

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Poop....i missed that somehow...perhaps....then we could just use that but add in a survey..can a member add a survey or does that have to be done by a mod?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

haha i know right? im just trying to get it where every post has to contribute to the debate with a source or atleast for example if you are a biochemical engineer then state im a bio chemical engineer and this is my view on it....but i like the idea of the voting on it for some reason. Maybe that would help people take threads more serious...idk

new topics

top topics

join