It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slow return from the past.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Many years ago I came across a few topics that I found hard to discuss amongst my friends. I did however know that the internet was a brilliant tool for looking up and researching topics that were considered fringe.

I then came across ATS. I was immediately hooked on the intellectual nature of its members and the quality of interaction between the various topics and their respective "experts."

I was very active here at ATS for many years, and of course life happens. Things change, people move, families grow and develop lives of their own that in no way could be anticipated. ATS eventually became a bickering tin-foil hat conspiracy shouting match more and more until I receded from the shadows into the opaque life that blended with the rest of society.

I have over time however, become more vocal and assertive in my interests as well as intrigued once again in the same discussions that I once posed to the world for question. Maybe offering up a new perspective or point of view that my young adult self was too blind to see?

And so I return to ATS after more years than I can remember. I am interested to see if the latter changes to the social status of ATS have returned to the former that I engaged in from the start. I am also anxious to dig into my own topics and really examine and maybe re-visit some of them. In an introspective discussion, I have access to an off-handed "time machine" if you will; a portrait of my personality and points of view from years past. Now I don't expect to Jump on and start Necro Posting, that's just a D-bag move, but I do think that the best way for me to get up to speed on ATS's many new members and topics is to examine the top pinned posts and revisit my own for discussion.

I can only hope that some of the friends that I made during my time on ATS so long ago will still be posting or lurking here somewhere. If not, it's understandable as a lot of time has passed. I will however encourage any new members or old members to spark up a conversation and get me up to speed with some of their favorite topics, as ATS was always one of my favorite forums for engaging conversations and debates.

So for now,

Hello ATS, I have returned.

King

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Welcome back!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kingalbrect79

Welcome back, lots of old members have gone but there are still some around, I guess they don't post much though.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Ah, 'the return of the king'.

I'm sure I've heard that somewhere else?

Welcome back.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I watched and read during the first year or so of my time on ATS, choosing instead to offer a post here and there instead of bothering with creating topics. I started a few but that wasn't my sole focus. It was instead to join in on current conversations and compare/contrast the various versions of the direction ATS was flowing.

Lurking if you will.

But I think it's time to return to intellectual discussion, I yearn for debate and to be heard as most of us are now. The tide is shifting and people are angry, both for not being heard and not being listened to.

I still have a few friends online that I checked up on, and in time I'll re-introduce myself into their world, but for now I'll just meet the next generation of ATS contributors and start anew.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I probably waited close to 10 years to join, because there was a lot of bitching and moaning on here. I finally jumped in. There is still a lot of bickering. But I keep coming back

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Well met.

I hope things meet with your approval. The forces of chaos are strengthening in all quarters, so things are not what they could be. Still, as long as there is a bolt in the mag...? Ave Imperator!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Welcome back. I don't think I've run across any of your threads or posts. Probably not if you've been gone for a while. See you around.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
My absence has been a long one, I will say that. However I look forward to all of the new people that currently populate the site.

So thank you,

King

new topics

top topics

join