It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Say Climate Change Has Reached the ‘Point of No Return’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Phage

No, it's not enough.....sorry, not everyone has the amount of money laying around to make the change to solar panels.

Most people live from pay to pay...month to month.
People struggling with bill now certainly cannot come up with large expenditures....even if it means a decrease in future bills.

If more middle class, or "homeowner class" buy into these systems it will help fund further development. Whether or not its being subsidized, a successful project that is backed publicly is more likely to get further funding or private funding if than a project which falls flat on its ass.

So maybe today it can't be realized from people who live "pay check to paycheck" but if you can save enough to purchase a home [and we are talking about the homeowner segment here], they should be able to afford a 5-15k system which will reduce costs over the next ten years.

It actually sounds like a pretty decent strategy if you are getting into a home. Or already own one but are looking for investment strategies to lower living costs.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Why wasnt Tesla alive in this era. I am sure he would have valuable input that would indeed help the masses.

Oh, thats right. He and Edison had words. Edison won, Tesla died broke, and we are where we are at today.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

I am sure he would have valuable input that would indeed help the masses.
What makes you so sure?

Edison won, Tesla died broke, and we are where we are at today.
Tesla died crazy but would you rather Tesla died rich and Edison died broke?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I think a little background reading would suffice. Wish you didnt come across so trollish toward me. It is a shame considering alot of your other posts in other threads reflect someone with high intelligence. That is the person I would rather have a debate with, heated or otherwise.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I think a little background reading would suffice.

I've read quite a bit about Tesla. About the man, not the myth. For example, his idea of "the masses" may not have been quite what you think.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

125 stars. Pretty impressive. I think.

So Tesla didnt like fat people. And he expected a certain dress code from his subordinates.

I dont like fat people. But I point at myself first. I just hit my target weight after three years of changing my habits. I eat well, I dont touch any type of alcohol at all anymore. And I exercise regularly. I lost 55 pounds, am in better shape than I have ever been in, and now I dress better in clothes that fit my new (and quite stunning) physique.

I cant say that Tesla would be any more impressed with me than before. Nor may he like me any better. But that was his issue to deal with, it sounds like.

And yes, I have no problem with sterilizing criminals of certain crimes.

Tesla was a genius. And many of his insights are used today. Imagine applying that kind of genius to our current problems. (Pun intended).

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

And yes, I have no problem with sterilizing criminals of certain crimes.
That's not exactly what he was talking about.

Tesla was a genius. And many of his insights are used today. Imagine applying that kind of genius to our current problems.
There are people doing just exactly that. That's one reason the cost of PV systems have fallen so much.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Have you had the opportunity to watch this video in entirety? Is this in line with your thinking? Do you think in the end this type of thinking will change anything that will help mankind last more than just 2 or 3 generations?

youtu.be...

(If a mod could help me embed this I would appreciate it. I can never seem to embed on my phone)

edit on Sat Aug 15 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to embed vid

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
No. I haven't watched it.
Kaku rubs me the wrong way with his self promoting flamboyance and sensationalism. I'm not going to watch him for more than an hour.

Do you think in the end this type of thinking will change anything that will help mankind last more than just 2 or 3 generations?
Do you know how long some people have said that mankind can't last beyond the next generation? Good thing not many people paid attention to them and actually worked on the problems rather than moaning about them.

edit on 8/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

The video is just 4 minutes longer than you can stand? Part of the subject matter is in support of your thesis. Ah well, a very interesting video for those willing.

Regardless, I expect this generation to do ok. The next generation may do ok but they have their work cut out. The next,.. maybe they will understand the implications that their grandparents caused by living in a total consumer mindset. In my opinion, the last generation.

It is purely numbers Phage. Nothing personal to you or I. Calculate the population using reasonable population growth rates and then try to calculate how many will be living in abject poverty on a planet that has finished giving all it can. There will be no aliens to come sweep us away to a better wonderland. There will be no solar power grid to clean our air, cleanse our waters, or grow food staples on parched arid lands. The elite will be the last scavenging survivors, till they too expire in their castles.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The video is just 4 minutes longer than you can stand?
Actually, it's an hour more than I can stand.

There will be no solar power grid to clean our air, cleanse our waters, or grow food staples on parched arid lands. The elite will be the last scavenging survivors, till they too expire in their castles.
Well hell. Might as well just shut the whole thing down then. Turn out the lights, m'kay?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
GOOD now we can stop worrying about this crap.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: watchitburn

Yes it would...

You understand that ice is made of water right? So if you add water to water, you get more water...
Now if you are drinking it of course it would not.
Or if the ice was part of the water to begin with.

I love your lack of understanding science.... Even very basic science.

If you have a glass of water, with ice cubes in it, and the ice melts it will not result in more mass in the glass than was already there because of displacement......

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Close, Melbourne. My niece is visiting from airlie beach, heaters have been on full blast. Your northerners don't take to the cold too well

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Yes phage it hails in tropics all the time because you needs lots of heat for hail.
edit on 15 8 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: glend
You aren't in the tropics.
What do hats have to do with it?

Hail is a warm weather phenomenon. You seem to think it has something to do with cold weather.

edit on 8/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Is there any other farmer or gardener on this site over 64 who has seen the changes?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
Are you starting a club?
The requirements seem somewhat restrictive but the parties are probably fun.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Yes. It is a restrictive club. Wanna join.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I don't meet the qualifications. Are there any exceptions allowed?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join