It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Donald Trump the next Ronald Reagan?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Only if one thinks that the 50's are here to stay. The world changes. One has to change with it. The problem is that most of America HAS gotten into the 21st century. It's the vocal minority that are stringing out what is inevitable.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

That's the best thing I've seen all week!!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, maybe instead of supporting an uncompromising ape with dubious values they should just demand better out of their representatives.

This whole anti-PC movement is also just another spin campaign to some degree. It's a way for people to proudly display all their bad values while making it seem they're "fighting the good fight" against PC. But a lot of what these people are proud of isn't Anti-PC, it's just obnoxious BS.

Take this things with Megan Kelly and Trump. Her question was about Trump having a history of saying Sexist, Bigoted, ignorant and rude things to women. Treating them as 2nd class sexual objects and basically just being a typical Misogynist and bully. Now, while there is nothing illegal about doing that the question remains is that really the kind of values and representative we should have as our president??? Is that the kind of Leader to be Proud of and is one that inspires confidence and respect???

So he answers back by doubling down and playing the victim complaining about her being rude to him for asking the question. But it's a valid question and everyone knows it is. But because it was a shot to his ego he goes into defense mode and attacks her. Which is just one more example of what she's talking about.

Then to go on and promote her being fired for it. Making even more sexist and childish remarks about her bleeding and speaking about her in some stereotype "silly woman" way is even more examples of exactly what she was talking about. But the irony of it all seems to go by and people again praise him for it.

That isn't being Anti-PC. That is just being a Rude Prick of a person. It's the actions of a Spoiled Brat, not a man. Not too long ago Men were strong men of character and dignity. They didn't go around making sly sexist comments and then denying that's what they meant later on when asked. They didn't have to bully those weaker than them to feed their shallow starving ego. They don't go around blaming others for their own problems and lying about their own accomplishments to get respect from people.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Only in politics could acting like a complete asshole be seen as a good thing.

I'm so tired of "I want to have a beer with him/her" voters.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Ronnie was able to make non-partisan deals.

I must concede on that point.

Ron wouldn't be unable to get the party nomination today. Not partisan enough.

Of course. You have to be an extremist these days to represent the Republican party.

Shows how far the GOP has moved away from conservatives.

The GOP and conservatism know nothing of each other. True conservatives are considered liberals and libertarians these days.
edit on 14-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Not too long ago Men were strong men of character and dignity. They didn't go around making sly sexist comments and then denying that's what they meant later on when asked. They didn't have to bully those weaker than them to feed their shallow starving ego. They don't go around blaming others for their own problems and lying about their own accomplishments to get respect from people.

Thank you for saying that. I think we have forgotten what "real men" look like these days. We expect them to be overly-aggressive, sexually-driven blowhards that are very vocal about their manliness, but fail to show it in their actions.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Reagan was a Puppet. Trump is a hemoroid, big difference.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Somebody tell me why Jerry Lewis didn't ever make vice president?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
B-list celebrities is probably the only thing they have in common.

HA...HA...That is awesome.

Trump is the most intelligent of all the candidates and even in interviews he just makes the most sense. It was so funny the days after the debate you got to see how the 24 hour news channels, especially the SUPPOSED liberal ones can be really shady.

Trump would be best for the country, from what i have seen so far, but we will keep hearing how he called so and so a poopy head.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
But Ronald Reagan was actually, you know, kind of a decent human being.
Trumps a major asshole. Kind of like Hitler and other notorious dictators.

I'd rather have Rand or even Bernie for that matter.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Lol you think sanders is the hill dogs puppet?

Made to order for her to defeat so she looks good. She has exponentially more donation funds in her campaign war chest. That was before the Top Secret stuff was found on her server though. Now they will have to drag out some fossils like Biden in case she becomes irrelevant. Even Biden would whoop that mark for the nomination.

If your counting on Hillary or bi den for the Democrats they are in trouble. Either one of those two will lose. If they market Hillary a lot will come out and she's got more skeletons in her closet then most cemetaries. And bi den let's face it he's an idiot.. Either of those two hand the white house to a republican. Or trump who's not a Republican which is funny in itself.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Get use to it, president Bush, president Clinton. Pick your poison. Only two corrupt and connected enough to be deemed worthy. Everything else is a facade. And quite honestly after decades of declining standards pertaining to politicians from both sides this is well deserved. Fact is people bought this two party illusion to the point they actually believed the side they supported was not only different from the other but right. Hope it was worth it.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
"There is no way Bernie can win"....I see this repeated ad nauseum even among supposed supporters. The media brainwashing is in full effect. Of course there's a way. Hillary is besieged and Bernie was (as of a couple weeks ago) polling better than her in a theoretical national election vs Trump. Bernie is the only candidate capable of getting younger generations voting in greater numbers than the last few elections, and he's likely to remain the only one. If enough of us actual Bernie supporters go out and vote, he will win the election. That's how it works. Repeating that it's implausible no matter how badly we want it, is exactly how establishment politicians remain in power cycle after cycle. We blame "TPTB" for rigging the game, and certainly they do, but they're only taking as much of our free will as we let them. Don't let them take your ability to believe that the candidate YOU want can win the whole thing.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: elliotmtl

This is ats and conspiracies are rampant. But do you in your heart of heats actually believe that automated voting machines with no paper audit trail will ever pop up Bernie Sanders name as the winner even if he is, or Donald trump for that matter?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I honestly do. Granted it's not the most likely outcome, but I can see it happening. And I will continue to think and speak as if it is a plausible outcome. I like hope.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: elliotmtl

Best of luck to you friend. I have zero faith in politicians. Since they have to be there might as well have one who speaks differently from the rest ( Sanders/trump). I don't believe it would happen. But hey, never thought something much smaller than a pea could bring me to tears till I had a kidney stone.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Trump is pretty much his own man. Don't think Ragan comparisons are much good in mo.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join