It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Donald Trump the next Ronald Reagan?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Being an asshole certainly isn't going to make our country "great" again. Not amongst our people or in regards to the rest of the world.

And if you think Trump is like Reagan, then shouldn't we learn from that situation rather than repeat it? Reagan sent the entire country down this terrible path to where we are now… let's not push us further down that path. Rich got richer, poor got poorer, military industrial complex got completely out of hand and we went into debt doing so, corporations fully took the reigns of government, helped create Al Qaeda, supplied Saddam Hussein with weapons (after it was universally known that he had used chemical weapons on his own people), blind nationalism, was an uninformed idiot ("trees create more pollution than cars"), ridiculous budget deficits, cutting taxes on the rich and then robbing social security to pay for it (it didn't), treason (although Reagan's treason was his own - between Nicaragua, negotiating with terrorists, Iran-Contra, and more documented corruption that any admin in history), etc. etc. etc.

But no doubt Trump would find a way to top Reagan on all of this. No thanks. Luckily he'll never win.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
a reply to: olaru12

I think you mean without the old women's vote.

I know a lot women that would vote for Trump.
Most of these women don't wear pants suits and like men a little rough sometimes, even slightly abusive (verbally).

Actually, Trump's wife was interviewed a few years ago by Larry King and CNN ran the interview. She stated that in the home they are completely equal. He doesn't even try to control things there.
The world of politics needs a little shaking up....

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Made to order for her to defeat so she looks good. She has exponentially more donation funds in her campaign war chest. That was before the Top Secret stuff was found on her server though. Now they will have to drag out some fossils like Biden in case she becomes irrelevant. Even Biden would whoop that mark for the nomination.

Sure. There's a tiny hole in your theory however. Which is the fact that Sanders is drawing record crowds of support, he's growing in popularity even in swing and conservative states, he's not only caught up in the polls but has passed Hillary in some of them, his support continues to grow every day and if Hillary is out of it, Biden wouldn't stand a chance. So other than those major opposing details your little theory is right on target.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Donald Trump is a liar, obsessed with money and power that he doesnt have but pretends to. Lied in court about how much money he has, pretends he is rich and powerful but is nothing more than a high profile scam artist, and has bankrupted more companies than has made successful.

If he becomes president its kind of fitting I guess, but also shows how much of a joke the country is.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Not from what I've seen so far.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It's a sad state of affairs that a complete moron is even considered because the past is so damn bad. The next Reagan?
He's not even the next Weird Al.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
It's a sad state of affairs that a complete moron is even considered because the past is so damn bad. The next Reagan?
OK now that's funny!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Made to order for her to defeat so she looks good. She has exponentially more donation funds in her campaign war chest. That was before the Top Secret stuff was found on her server though. Now they will have to drag out some fossils like Biden in case she becomes irrelevant. Even Biden would whoop that mark for the nomination.

Sure. There's a tiny hole in your theory however. Which is the fact that Sanders is drawing record crowds of support, he's growing in popularity even in swing and conservative states, he's not only caught up in the polls but has passed Hillary in some of them, his support continues to grow every day and if Hillary is out of it, Biden wouldn't stand a chance. So other than those major opposing details your little theory is right on target.

Ya sure, people would vote for Biden just because he was in the presence of their messiah for eight years. Oh, and the Party big wig donors would fatten his war chest so Bernie would just be another insignificant 20 percenter like Ron Paul was come nomination time.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

What is sad, although not exactly a surprise in today's "Amerurica" is that it reflects the values which so many hold which are now being exposed as people wear them with pride in tribute to Trump.

They are the same values which Trump is so cartoonishly representing himself. Such as Elitism, Selfishness, Arrogance, Misogyny, Racism, Bullying, being a Manchild, sexist, callus, ignorant, vindictive, foul, uncompromising, unsympathetic, unreasonable, shallow, vein, psychopathic, etc.

People like him and are supporting him for those qualities. They even admit that is why, but they say it's because he's entertaining. But the truth is, it's because they secretly hold those same qualities close as well and have found a champion they can identify with.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yes, how dare people get frustrated and angry when they feel they aren't being represented at all. Liberals wouldn't know a thing about that from the GW days would they?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, how dare people get frustrated and angry when they feel they aren't being represented at all. Liberals wouldn't know a thing about that from the GW days would they?

And perpetuating this ridiculous argument that even spits up this partisan crap has nothing to do with that? "MOM. He's being a dick again." Yeah, that adult politics.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I understand feeling frustrated and not being represented. But I don't know what that has to do with what I was saying. Unless it's your way of agreeing with me that now they have Trump to represent all of their Sexist, Racist, Meatheaded, Knuckle dragging, antiquated values.

Being frustrated with politics is normal. What isn't normal is to champion a Bully Elitist Narcissist into the highest office of Government. But like I said. Those seem to be the principles of Americans today which they admire which shows in their support for Trump.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

So far Bernie's small war chest hasn't been hurting his results. It's possible they could buy a complete media silence like they did with Ron Paul. But Sanders has more of a grass roots support than Paul did at this point and it's growing. So it's not likely that they could totally silence the media in the same way.

Biden would lost to Bernie not only on policy and voting record but the first time they debate each other he'd end up saying something stupid like always or copping a feel from some woman during the show and blow it anyway.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Trump is no Reagan and a Reagan is not what we need at all.

I understand that Reagan is a god of sorts in the conservative circles, but he was not all that good for the country. Plenty of tax hikes and who can forget the "October Surprise".

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Trump is no Reagan and a Reagan is not what we need at all.

I disagree. Ronnie was able to make non-partisan deals.

I understand that Reagan is a god of sorts in the conservative circles, but he was not all that good for the country. Plenty of tax hikes and who can forget the "October Surprise".

Ron wouldn't be unable to get the party nomination today. Not partisan enough.

Kinda funny. Ron couldn't get the parties nomination 35 years later but a blowhard like Trump is considered? That's extremely weird. Shows how far the GOP has moved away from conservatives.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

I want the world to actually be a little worried about what our president says. I want them to think, oh Donald's not going to like that, he may call in another drone strike…

It's all part of making America great again.

Being a bully on the world stage only makes its victim lash out. It will cause conflict, isolate us and cause us to lose allies. The world is a volatile place, the last thing we need is someone who can't negotiate peace.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
B-list celebrities is probably the only thing they have in common.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

No, I'm pointing out that you are quick to classify things as what they aren't or may not be.

I'm no Trump supporter, but most of those who support him are doing so because he's not a Republican in the classic sense of party insider and he's not afraid to say things that most wouldn't and he's unapologetic about it. People are tired of the PC Police mob rule. And I think a lot of them will excuse a lot to watch someone finally stand up to it.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

a reply to: intrepid

Unfortunately it says a lot about this country. I know people are looking for change, but Trump is not the person to do it.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: FinalCountdown

I want the world to actually be a little worried about what our president says. I want them to think, oh Donald's not going to like that, he may call in another drone strike…

It's all part of making America great again.

Being a bully on the world stage only makes its victim lash out. It will cause conflict, isolate us and cause us to lose allies. The world is a volatile place, the last thing we need is someone who can't negotiate peace.

And I think Trump is the child of that. This last seven years of the catalyst of the lashing out we see in Trump.

You push a lot of people further left than they are willing to go and the pendulum swings back hard.

Several of us have mentioned this before. Backlash can be ugly, and we are worried about what that might manifest as. Trump is riding that backlash.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join