It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Google Earth image

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Found this over on another site. It's a Google Earth image taken from China, showing what appears to be the Divine Eagle UAV, under development, sitting on a runway. The Divine Eagle is supposedly designed to carry multiple AESA and UHF radars, including the JY-26 long wave radar, which supposedly tracked F-22s flying off Korea during exercises.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Cool find, I have seen some odd stuff on google earth before too, one of these days they are gona accidentally catch a pic of something really cool though. hmm maybe they already did and it got redacted.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Can we get a link to the other site?

I'm not sure what much of this means - perhaps the original source has more detailed information.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

All it was is a link to the picture. There was no information or I would have added it or a link to it.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

what is the name of the people who make the funky looking aircraft, there was one recently with three cabins or cargo areas, composite something?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

There are a lot of those. Even Boeing and Airbus have a few pretty weird ones.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

It's surprisingly (for China) a rather innovative design despite it's RQ-4 nuances.

I wonder if they are using the two AESA's in either nacelle to take advantage of any Interferometry effect between the two. It would seemingly also increase the 3D effect if they combine the images from any onboard sensors that were mirrored from left to right.
edit on 14-8-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It's been said that the Divine Eagle has been flying since February of this year.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Clairaudience

There have been some interesting images released of it on the ground. Several of them were fuzzed quite a bit.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Yep, just saw them for the first time... June seems to have been the month where the first images saw the light of the day. How that didn't catch my attention is beyond me.

edit on 14-8-2015 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It really is an ugly bastard. Ingenious, probably effective, but ugly as hell.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This article goes into some details of the design and capabilities:

A closer look

And it seems to be very capable & effective, but not the prettiest one around the block, I agree.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Here are the GPS coordinates where the images were captured:

41°51'31.21"N, 123°26'12.97"E

The bird must have moved since the latest sat. ran over that area though. It's not there anymore but the facilities to the West are the Shenyang Airframe Plant, China's equivalent of our Skunk Works.
edit on 14-8-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

It's interesting that they seam to be building this thing as a sort of stealth early warning system. The problem is that these have no stealth capabilities them selves and can be seen from great distances. If a real shooting match ever broke out, these Divine Eagles won't last too long to warn anyone the stealth are coming much less be able to direct counter air assets to the region of interest.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

That could work in their favor though. Unless a package can hit them from extreme long range, and hit more than one, if they spread them out in different areas, and suddenly lose just one, that's like a huge sign saying "Here we come!"

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Right, that's why I think they intend them to be more of an early warning system. Survive long enough to be able to tell the J-whatever's to "go search that area and see what turns up".

I think they've got a good idea though about how to detect stealth with better resolution that current low frequency single antenna's.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

with the new robust autonomous missiles coming out and the new AMRAAMs and what HAVE DASH programs i think matching those BVR assets will make quick of pretty much any thing China could put in the air on on the ocean.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What's that on the left of the image? It seems to have a resemblance to the Lockheed HiMAT, but larger.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: waynos

It's a J-11. China's SU-27 knock-off.

The airfield in the photo is next to the factory that builds them.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: waynos

It looks like a J-11.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join