It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Agenda of the Freemasons

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I actually spent many hours early this morning searching for you and came up with This [www.google.com]

I assume this is supposed to be "funny"

Thanks to those of you, especially Masonic Light, who actually provided some useful websites.
I have a question though: Why do Masons have to believe in a Supreme Being? If Masonry is totally not about religion, then why can't members believe whatever they want, even athiesm? Also, one of those sites mentioned that a Bible is always present at meetings. What about Muslims, Buddhists, etc?
Thanks again for the good answers.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Al Vereco
I have a question though: Why do Masons have to believe in a Supreme Being? If Masonry is totally not about religion, then why can't members believe whatever they want, even athiesm?

I beleive this requirement is because while there is no set dogma or religious teachings in Masonry per se, but the lessons are religious/spiritual in nature. The values and ideas presented in Masonry are such that a person who did not believe in a Supreme Being would find no use in the lessons, because they are geared towards men that share that belief that there is a Supreme Being, and we are all at His mercy and should honor Him at all times, in words and in deeds. I believe there is a Grand Lodge in Europe (France?) that will admit atheists, but I think that when they did that they forfeited their recognition status with the regular Grand Lodges. In other words, it is an Irregular or clandestine body.

I'm not sure about the specifics, but certainly ML can elaborate.

Also, one of those sites mentioned that a Bible is always present at meetings. What about Muslims, Buddhists, etc?

The ritual, to the best of my knowledge, does not specifically call for the Bible, instead it uses the term "Volume of the Sacred Law". I belielve it is whatever book is considered the holy writings of that country. So it could be the Bible, the Koran, Torah, whatever. I have even heard of lodges having multiple VSLs on the Altar at one time, to accommodate the brethren of different faiths in the lodge. It is a symbol, it doesn't matter which book is used, it is at the discretion of the brothers.

Hope this helps!

[edit on 1/11/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Al Vereco

I have a question though: Why do Masons have to believe in a Supreme Being? If Masonry is totally not about religion, then why can't members believe whatever they want, even athiesm?

Masonry isn't about religion, but it is about spirituality. If some of our eminent Masonic scholars are correct in their assertion that Freemasonry is a philosophical system founded on the Kabalah, this would indicate why there is such a prerequisite, i.e., the Kabalah would be completely useless to an atheist.

Also, one of those sites mentioned that a Bible is always present at meetings. What about Muslims, Buddhists, etc?

This varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. In mine, the book opened on the Altar must always be the Bible, but Masonry considers the Bible a symbol of the Divine Will. In other words, it isn't necessary for a Mason to literally believe in what is written in it unless he is himself a Christian. Lodges in Turkey use the Qu'ran, while those in Israel use the Tanakh.

Buddhists are admitted into Freemasonry if they believe in God (some Buddhists are theists, while others are atheists). In "Morals and Dogma", Albert Pike even calls the Buddha "the first Masonic legislator" (p. 277).

Pike's definition of Freemasonry, taken from p. 854 of "Morals and Dogma", is:

"Freemasonry is the subjugation of the Human that is in man by the Divine; the Conquest of the Appetites and Passions by the Moral Sense and the Reason; a continual effort, struggle, and warfare of the Spiritual against the Material and Sensual." (Italics in the original).

If this is indeed the case, Freemasonry must be theistic by definition.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Quote: "I believe there are Lodge(s) in Europe (France?) that will admit Atheists, but I think that when they did that they forfeited their recognition status with the regular Grand Lodges. In other words, it is an Irregular or Clandestine body."

Yeah like the Illuminati for Instance. As a matter of fact I believe that this is how the Illuminati got started! Wow - leave it to the French & Germans to Ruin a good thing!

Masonic Light makes a good point! Some Buddhists & Christians consider Buddha = GOD or Christ = GOD - some Orthodox\Conservative do not however! Most Buddhists Believe that the Universe is Empty in Nature - this does NOT make them Nihilistic, Atheistic or Negative in Perspective however - it is simply a matter of MetaPhysical belief! Some Buddhists & Christians believe that if you are a Sincere Spiritual Practitioner & follow/Practice the Paths that Buddha & Christ laid out for us - that we too can become a Buddha (= Universally Awakened) or Christ (= Universally Anointed) Ourselves because GOD is part of OUR Human Nature! In other words GOD is Universal! After all were Siddhartha & Jesus not Human before their Life’s Experiences & Spiritual Practices made them part of the Divine? Other Orthodox Christians & Buddhists believe that we can NEVER become like Buddha or Christ & that to believe so is Blasphemy to the
"Supreme Being".

I personally favor the Mystical Perspective!

[edit on 12-1-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Granted, the shapeshifting reptilian aliens from another dimension is a bit much for me too. Still, Icke does do a lot of research, and his books contain a wealth of good information. Names, events, and anomalies that are worth pondering.
I saw him speak a year after 911 and he pointed out many oddities that begged for explanations as to how they could have happened.
I do not give channelled info. much credibility, and I have not accepted the reptile story, but I have gotten a lot of good info from him.
He is a very good speaker, and quotes a lot of examples that can be independently verified.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Icke is confused and over passionate about his cause

Icke cannot decide who is who, what is what and who's agenda is what.

He, like many others, has a vast amount of information but doesn't know who to attribute it to. For example he has linked the new world order to both the Illuminati and Freemasonry, and yet he also states that the Illuminati infiltrated Freemasonry and are not the same organisation, and do not work together.

Not saying that the information Icke has is incorrect (except the bit about him being the son of god of course
), but due to his passionate approach, rush to get books on shelfs, etc etc his has many times got himself quite confused, spoken of things and either contradicted previous claims, of then goes on to contradict the claims.

Icke's information is rarely of use because you have to research it so much to ensure he hasn't got it wrong that you may as well attribute the information to yourself.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Thanks guys! I've learned a lot more about Freemasonry in this thread than ever before! See? These threads can be a good thing!

So: Lets see if I have this right...
Freemasonry is basically a social club at one level, but it also serves as a kind of 'training camp' for philosophical subjects etc... Does this 'training' lead to 'special knowledge' or just a deeper spiritual feeling...?
By the way, I'm assuming "Pike" is some famous mason...?
And the Illuminati is a kind of 'athiest offshoot' of Freemasonry?

[Edited to add:]
It would seem to me that part of the 'lessons' of Freemasonry is that specific religions are irrelevant and therefore unnecessary, although (at least to begin with) religions are tolerated and accomodated.

[edit on 12/1/2005 by Al Vereco]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Pike left masonry, and made his own society called the KKK, cuz masonry wasn't radical enough for him.
He had been quite a high level mason, but when he set up his new group, he borrowed what he liked and omitted what he didn't like.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I have yet to see any credible descriptions or evidence that this illuminati is more than conjecture.
If anyone has some links I could read, I would be grateful.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Pike, which I presume is Albert Pike, re-wrote alot if not all the Scottish Rite side of Freemasonry. Not sure if side of freemasonry would be the right term I am not sure.

I have never heard that he formed the KKK, but I am not saying that is wrong, just may be worth checking prior to commiting to memory as truth.

Albert Pike is mentioned in nearly every thread on this board regarding Freemasonry, may be worth spending a few hours trawling through it all and extracting the relevant items.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Don't ask Freemasons for answers to questions you may have about Freemasonry. Their aim is only to deceive - "The Craft of the Crafty".

Instead go to the Catholic Encyclopedia entry on Freemasonry, it will give you all the information you need to know.

www.newadvent.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Travelling Gentleman
Don't ask Freemasons for answers to questions you may have about Freemasonry. Their aim is only to deceive - "The Craft of the Crafty".

Instead go to the Catholic Encyclopedia

That's okay like I have already told you I have not done the three degrees of freemasonry, I do not wear the apron of a master mason, so they are getting their answers from someone esle. Or should I say being encouraged to find their own truths.

A catholic site will only give a catholic opinion, what about those who are not catholic?

My advive to anyon is to find out for yourself, a mason to my knowledge will answer any question you have honestly, whether you choose to believe it or not is up to you

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
freemasonrywatch.org...

On the above page you will find a collection of articles by various Christian Demoninations.

Obviously the Universal Church, being the largest and most authentic has the most complete teachings and writings on the subject of Freemasonry.

Unfortunately many Protestant Demoninations have been under the sway of Freemasonry for too long, but as you will see they are rapidly coming to their senses and ridding their congregations of MASONS.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
Granted, the shapeshifting reptilian aliens from another dimension is a bit much for me too. Still, Icke does do a lot of research, and his books contain a wealth of good information. Names, events, and anomalies that are worth pondering.

I'm an open minded person and I've read A LOT of stuff since like 10 years and I'm only 24...
I've read like 3 books of Icke and a lot of stuff made sens (but I never really beleive the reptilians shapeshift and blood thing) But I continued to search on those topics further and yes, a lot of what he says seems to be true....I read a lot of channeld infos and it's the same thing....make so much sens! But guys, you have to be a bit more open minded and stop saying that everything is HOAX...take some and leave some and continue searching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I search everyday of different sources, books, articles....
We have to answer one question here: What the hell is going on????? Aren't you curious like me? WTF are we suppose to do on earth? WHat is the point of working, paying, see people suffer, crimes and so on everyday?! We have to find answers, if not, we are total ignorant stupid humans...
I feel stuff, I'm like really connected and I tell you, there is something BIG goin on, wanna keep on searching or sit on you butt and continue paying in a capitalism world where no one cares about you?????
Think about it guys, for me

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keep faith

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
to go to freemasonrywatch or the catolick encyclopedia for information on
Masonry is the same as going to Gestapo records for information on the resistance , or inquisition records for Templar information.

the catlick church founded on the teachings of paul is the original heresy .
it is interesting to note that to the creedal church the only relevent parts
of the life of its claimed founder are his birth and death. his actual life and teachings are relegated to the ramblings of an egotistical loon that never
met him in person.

Does this 'training' lead to 'special knowledge' or just a deeper spiritual feeling...?

IMO the teachings lead to a PERSONAL inward search and learning.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Pike left masonry, and made his own society called the KKK, cuz masonry wasn't radical enough for him.
He had been quite a high level mason, but when he set up his new group, he borrowed what he liked and omitted what he didn't like.

That is completely false. Pike wrote several books on Freemasonry, including "Morals and Dogma". He established many of the rituals and symbolisms used in Freemasonry today. He had no known association with the KKK, he most certainly did not found it! From Wikipedia:

"The original Ku Klux Klan was first established in Pulaski, Tennessee after the end of the American Civil War on December 24, 1865 by Confederate veterans... General Nathan Bedford Forrest presided as the Grand Wizard."

Please check your claim before passing it off as fact.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

That is completely false. Pike wrote several books on Freemasonry, including "Morals and Dogma". He established many of the rituals and symbolisms used in Freemasonry today. He had no known association with the KKK, he most certainly did not found it! From Wikipedia:

"The original Ku Klux Klan was first established in Pulaski, Tennessee after the end of the American Civil War on December 24, 1865 by Confederate veterans... General Nathan Bedford Forrest presided as the Grand Wizard."

Please check your claim before passing it off as fact.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by sebatwerk]

There is plenty of information supporting what I said. I know that there is also a lot of people who refute and deny his KKK connection. I stand by my claim, and will dig up the info on google for you, since you are so sure you are right. You are not.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Left: The Main Library of the Supreme Council 33° of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, S.J., U.S.A., the Mother Supreme Council of the World, Washington D.C., is dedicated to none other than Confederate General Albert Pike, the KKK's Chief of "Judiciary".

He has lived. The fruits of his labors live after him. - Albert Pike, 33°

These words dedicated to Albert Pike are mounted in bronze near the impressive, leather-covered doors leading into the Library of The Supreme Council, 33°. They are an appropriate greeting to the user of the Library since today The Supreme Council's Library continues Pike's lifework and Freemasonry's mission.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
That took a whole 20 seconds to find..........still skeptical?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Pike has been termed by a number of well known Masonic authors as the Plato of Freemasonry, and even the Masonic Pope!

Freemasonry, that is to say Organized Freemasonry practices the big lie technique. More to the point organized Freemasonry has perfected the big lie technique. They term this doublespeak ' diverting the discourse'. In regard to Confederate general, slaver, British spy, convicted Confederate war criminal, Sovereign Grand Commander of the Supreme Council 33rd Degree, Ku Klux Klan ritual designer, Ku Klux Klan Chief Judicial Officer and Arkansas Ku Klux Klan Grand Dragon it is necessary to add some superlatives on to the term 'divert the discourse', because that opaque term doesn't nearly come close to describing the effort and tactics it has and is employing to cover-up, obscure, deflect, and divert about Pike's leading roll in the KKK's creation.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join