It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Republicans Will Never Win Another National Election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

That's your opinion and you are welcome to it.

I believe it's rooted in fantasy, especially when even many republicans are willing to jump ship if Trump is the nominee, but we all must slip out of reality from time to time.

You think Hillary Clinton will be the next president and I'm the one rooted in fantasy?

Funny guy... I hope you update this thread when whoever the President in 2016 is, doesn't turn out to be Hillary.

I bet you "Knew" Bush would never win Re-Election as well.

I KNEW Obama would win both times, i'm not a psychic, I just understand the American People. Unless another Democrat comes along that isn't Hillary, A Republican will win. it's that simple.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Wasn't it just a few years ago they said we would never hold the majority a gain either?

Unless sanders takes the nomination. The dems have absolutely no hope this election

We've had 8 yrs if Democrat/ progressive policies and the country is tired of it

I feel your wrong in this one. But that's my opinion

Still I say Bernie is their only hope

Lol and if it's him or trump I vote democrat

Which polling results did you build this opinion from? Or are you just taking it straight from the right wing blogosphere?

Taken from Obamas approval rating over the last 8 yrs

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Of course, at the moment, Trump's potential pool of support is being split 17 ways. What people in a poll say now could very well be a lot different in over a year's time if they have their choices forced.

It matters little because I can find very few independents or liberals who would vote for him. I'm sure there are also quite a few Republicans that would vote for a Democrat before voting for Trump as well. Like I said, Trump is more likely to hurt the Republican chances than help them.

For example, where were Obama's potential national numbers at this relative point in time during his first run?

Obama was the equivalent of Martin O'Malley at this point in the 2008 election. An almost nobody with little national political history. The only difference is that Obama surged in the polls at the last minute and knocked Hillary out of the primaries (something I think is likely to happen again with Bernie).

Also, you know the internals for the party or something is up when they start acting like they may pull Gore out of retirement.

No I don't and Gore has already said he isn't running. Plus this:
Rumors About Al Gore Considering a 2016 Run Are Overblown, Source Says

Some asshole probably just speculated about Gore possibly running on a blog somewhere and the media being the media probably jumped all over it.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Some unintended hilarity. Right now on the right side of my screen is an ad paid for by "Hillary for America" that I can click on for a chance to win dinner with Hillary. I'm not clicking on it.

I'm afraid losers get two dinners.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Some asshole probably just speculated about Gore possibly running on a blog somewhere and the media being the media probably jumped all over it.

That happens?

To completely dismiss Hillary as the above posters are doing is how these jag-offs get in office! Spread the word she is in the lead, get people off her stupid bandwagon (how she even has one is beyond me....)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

You think Hillary Clinton will be the next president and I'm the one rooted in fantasy?

The numbers indicate that is a very likely outcome. I understand that many of us are not lucky enough to have our fingers on "the pulse of the nation", so we must look at polling data. Data shows Clinton whoops Trump easily.

Funny guy... I hope you update this thread when whoever the President in 2016 is, doesn't turn out to be Hillary.

If I am wrong in the end. So be it. I have no problem admitting it when I am wrong. But what if you're wrong? Will you come back and apologize?

I bet you "Knew" Bush would never win Re-Election as well.

I KNEW Obama would win both times, i'm not a psychic, I just understand the American People. Unless another Democrat comes along that isn't Hillary, A Republican will win. it's that simple.

I don't know anything. I shared an article and discussed my opinion. Things can change? Why are you so excited about this topic? Does it make you angry that the Dems have a better shot than the Reps?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
Some unintended hilLarity. Right now on the right side of my screen is an ad paid for by "Hillary for America" that I can click on for a chance to win dinner with Hillary. I'm not clicking on it.

I'm afraid losers get two dinners.

Couldn't you have at least used 2 L's above? I fixed it for you.....

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

If I am wrong in the end. So be it. I have no problem admitting it when I am wrong. But what if you're wrong? Will you come back and apologize?

I don't want you to hold him to that.....I am really hoping that doesn't happen!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Wasn't it just a few years ago they said we would never hold the majority a gain either?

Unless sanders takes the nomination. The dems have absolutely no hope this election

We've had 8 yrs if Democrat/ progressive policies and the country is tired of it

I feel your wrong in this one. But that's my opinion

Still I say Bernie is their only hope

Lol and if it's him or trump I vote democrat

Which polling results did you build this opinion from? Or are you just taking it straight from the right wing blogosphere?

Taken from Obamas approval rating over the last 8 yrs

This approval rating?
President Obama Job Approval

Looks like the country is pretty much split evenly about Obama.
edit on 14-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: update with more recent source

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

I don't want you to hold him to that.....I am really hoping that doesn't happen!

Me either, but unless something drastic occurs, I fully expect a Dem to take the White House.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Her past is rapidly catching up with her, and the almost daily hits will take a toll. Like I posted, lotsa time left for the voters to view her as a liability rather than asset:

www.realclearpolitics.com...

nypost.com...

www.salon.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

That happens?

I know. Crazy isn't it?

To completely dismiss Hillary as the above posters are doing is how these jag-offs get in office! Spread the word she is in the lead, get people off her stupid bandwagon (how she even has one is beyond me....)

I'd say she has one based off of name recognition alone. Though, looking at her last attempt to get the Presidency, people jump ship rather quickly when they find someone they think is a better candidate.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Interesting stuff. But people always say a state is guaranteed to one or the other nothing is guaranteed though. I took the challenge also and Republicans can win 292 to 246 (Democrats can even take 6 more states and still lose 270 to 265). I was playing with the map and it's interesting to me that a party can win with only 11 states.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo

Her past is rapidly catching up with her, and the almost daily hits will take a toll. Like I posted, lotsa time left for the voters to view her as a liability rather than asset:

www.realclearpolitics.com...

nypost.com...

www.salon.com...

Have you ever reviewed George Bush's past before he was elected....He had an illegal sale of his energy company before it went bankrupt....Daddy became president and poof that went away....I don't want to type it all but if interested take a peak into his past and tell me it is half of what Hillary is going through...

Point being? Their past doesn't matter.....The only thing that would condemn her is if she was arrested and that isn't happening...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I bet billions of dollars against that. Though not my billions but billions of companies should they decide they want a Republican.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Dear Lord, you live in Maryland! Not being able to find someone who won't vote for Hillary is like that poor New York journalist who opined that she didn't know anyone who didn't vote for Carter after Reagan shellacked him. She was probably right, and you are probably right too.

But I'll like have almost as tough a time finding many Hillary voters in my neck of the woods, even if she wins.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I am a woman, and I would not vote for Hillary for a million dollars. And I did vote for Obama the first time he ran (then realized my mistake and did not make it again), so it has nothing to do with party. I vote for who I think is good for the country.

If you think that all women in this country are naive enough to vote for someone just because they are a woman, then you are demeaning the intelligence of all women.

If you think that women don't want the country to improve for our children, then you are mistaken. Every woman I know wants the country FIXED. And most are leaning towards that Trump is the answer to that.

We need our economy fixed. We need our manufacturing back from other countries. We need our health care fixed. We need immigration issues resolved. We need the fact that other countries think we are weak undone. We need to make America Great again.

I don't see one other candidate from either party that I have confidence to do all of that, other than Trump. I don't give a darn if he is a party loyalist. I don't give a darn if he is not politically correct. He is smart, he knows how to get things done, and his record shows this. That he is not a politician who owes favors to anyone is just icing on the cake.

Every... single... person I know ... feels the same way. We may be the silent majority that the MSM is trying to squash or make irrelevant, but if we have a chance, we will fix this country.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Dear Lord, you live in Maryland! Not being able to find someone who won't vote for Hillary is like that poor New York journalist who opined that she didn't know anyone who didn't vote for Carter after Reagan shellacked him. She was probably right, and you are probably right too.

There are a lot of red sections of Maryland too. Trust me. My Aunt and Uncle are BIG time Republicans and live in a primarily red county. Much of the blue in Maryland is related to people living in or around Baltimore or living outside DC. Though the state is rather small, so that is like a strip of blue running down the middle of the state. Though if you go to the shore or head to the mountains, you will find more red.

But I'll like have almost as tough a time finding many Hillary voters in my neck of the woods, even if she wins.

Well with all the Republican candidates, it's hard to find the pulse of what the various conservatives around the country want. On the left you only have 3 or 4 choices, and only two of them are really viable at this point (maybe only one if Bernie's hype is really just overblown).

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Jeb needs to get in so he can bomb Iraq some more. It's a family tradition. He can call it ISIS so everyone feels better and will go to the pep rally.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Jeb needs to get in so he can bomb Iraq some more.

Obama beat him to it already.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join