It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do people think its true that the F35 is junk

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

They're all getting the full package, just specialized to their needs. It's the same base aircraft as the US is getting, and they'll add what equipment they want or need to it. The Dutch are adding an antiship missile to it, there's talk of Meteor being added to the UK aircraft, Israel will add IAI EW systems and Israeli weapons and avionics, etc. They all start out identical though.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What is Meteor?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

It's a ramjet powered air to air missile, and arguably the most deadly air to air weapon developed to date.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I see them fly now and then. Very impressive.

Not war tested yet, but I would be willing to wager that they will dominate their way.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Lol. This guy really likes it:

I find his expressiveness amusing.
edit on 15-8-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Obviously it's PR.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoadCourse
The 35 & 22 are in my top 3 most beautiful pieces of "junk" in the WORLD.

I'm just goin' on record.

Well, as far as beautiful I was more in favor of the YF-23. I gained a little more respect for the F-22 the first time I saw it at Oshkosh in 2007. The iridescent paint job tripped me out, and I was impressed by it's maneuvers.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This plane just happens to have the worst PR team behind it.

Haters seem to assign goals to it that no one ever claimed, then when it doesn't meet them, they go nuts. I don't care about it one way or another, but the baseless hating is off the charts.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: imod02

I DO!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding. It is an amazing aircraft and if you are and American you should be happy with what your tax $ got you, a good investment.

Because war is so freaking awesome and the whole world is threatning our doorstep, so it's better to spend the money on killing machines rather than making society better........

/facepalm.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

...and occasionally bad people need to be stopped.

*facepalm*

The F35 will, when fully operational, do that better than anything out there. Won't need to level entire villages, just one particular building.

There's an old saying:

Si vis pacem, para bellum-- Vegetius. Vegetius was a writer of the Late Roman Period. 4th century AD.

Translates roughly as: To have peace, prepare for war. Unfortunately, there is a lot of truth to that.

I know you won't agree.
edit on 8/25/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/25/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: RoadCourse

It's nicer looking in person. The tail makes it very distinct, although from certain angles it's hard to tell at first it's an F-35.

Couldn't agree more, that empennage must be built by some brilliant, very talented and highly skilled engineers

I can't think of any reason why anyone would describe the F-35 as a 'piece of junk'. Published capability is world leading, classified ISR and EW capability is game changing.

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

In short yes. Not because of capabilities or limitations but because of my military background and specifically my MOS. The motto of people in my field was " if it flies, it dies". To us all aircraft were nothing but flying junk waiting for us to help them make an unplanned "landing"

So it's junk, but because I'm biased

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join