It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destiny Xur Inventory for August 14th: Finally, Gjallarhorn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Destiny Xur Inventory for August 14th: Finally, Gjallarhorn
gamingbolt.com...
Gjallarhorn

The impossible has probably happened for Destiny fans as Exotic vendor and Agent of the Nine arrived in the Tower with the Exotic rocket launcher Gjallarhorn in tow. Head over to the jukebox now – you only have until 2 AM PST, August 16th to purchase it from him.

Gjallarhorn has been one of the most sought after Exotics since Destiny first launched. It was available for sale once in the beginning but many didn’t purchase it due to a lack of understanding regarding its power. The item’s trump card are Wolfpack Rounds which home in on targets and cause additional damage on top of the initial explosion. Even if the weapon will be nerfed when The Taken King drops, it’s still worth the purchase at 17 Strange Coins.

Other items on sale this week include An Insurmountable Skullfort (Exotic Titan helm), Achlyophage Symbiote (Exotic Hunter helm) and Light Beyond Nemesis (Exotic Warlock helm), each available for 13 Strange Coins each. Exotic gloves engrams are also available at 23 Motes of Light each.

edit on 14-8-2015 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
So I have been a fan of Destiny when it came out. I recall playing the game in the weeeee hours it came out but didn't know about TWO things at the time.

1. Who the hell is Xur? I heard about a mystical vendor that came around once in a while but didn't really know about him probably two months after the game came out

2. Gjallarhorn! I was told the Gunsmith was selling this two weeks in BUT I didn't know it's awesome power until I got one from beating Atheon in VOG.

So, feeling like a year later, I have surmounted only two gally's...but rest assured I will buy this time from Xur to complete my three characters with respectable rocket launchers.

What are your thoughts? Finally happy to see Xur with this RL?

Btw...I know many many players how there who still have not gotten the G-horn....were you one of those players???

Comments

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It's definitely nice for the players who never got one to get a chance to play with it for a bit before it gets nerfed next month. The wolfpack rounds will now deal less damage.

Once TTK drops we will all have something newer and shinier to chase after

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazon

Apparently when TTK comes out all the guns the guardians have currently will be useless and new weapons will come out that you will need for the RAID.

So have fun with the g-horn while we can...I am sure a lot of players who have never had the ghorn are dumping loads in their pants right now LOL

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

That's it, I'm pre-ordering Battlefront today...maybe Fallout 4.

Well, there goes the neighborhood kids. I have a feeling Taken King is going to really be lame, especially after how disappointing House of Wolves was. None of the new HoW weapons were interesting or useful, and the Prison of Elder's armor basically made everyone 34 overnight (it's ugly too).

Not a fan of the new sub-classes we're getting. Bows & arrows? Hammers? This is a SPACE/SCI-FI shooter, not a fantasy WOW game. Ewww, no -- I want guns, space guns.

Yep, I have a feeling Destiny is going to slowly morph into Warframe, a micro-transaction type game. EA loves to make money...and Bungie is pretty much beholden to whatever EA wants.

To someone with over 600 hours and a grimoire score of over 2,600 -- thanks Bungie, it's been fun.
edit on 14-8-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I hear you. I actually haven't played in like two months. HoW totally burned me out. Some of the changes going forward for TTK actually sound pretty good from what I've seen so far. Don't throw in the towel just yet.

Take a break and get ready to come back in a month. Flaming hammer throwing and evil sith lord lightning guardians might be a lot of fun.

eta: EA is in charge of publishing for Battlefront, Bungie is at the mercy of Activision

edit on 14/808/1515 by Hazon because: addition

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don't plan on getting TTK when it comes out...I personally haven't been satisfied with HOW and am not happy with the pricetag put on the new expansion.

As far as weapons go, I think the original weapons for the game were the best...the rest are just filler. Same with the armour...nothing special about that.

And I agree...I am more about shooter style not fantasy. That being said, there is a reason I went back to COD Black Ops...more fun dumping people there lol

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I haven't played in a few months now.

I think I'm probably done with Destiny unless they bring match-making to the main raids and nightfall strikes.

I have no interest in making xbox friends or having to wear a stupid headset to play a game.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazon

Ah, gotcha I had the two evil publishers confused...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I think I'm probably done with Destiny unless they bring match-making to the main raids and nightfall strikes.

I have no interest in making xbox friends or having to wear a stupid headset to play a game.

I hear you. The Nightalls and raids are the most fun, but I too don't want to make any "friends" on PS4.

So I'm stuck playing Crucible, Dragon Strikes and 28 PoE...over, and over, and over.

There's a reason why they call it "Prison of Elders" -- by the time Taken King comes out, you're in a wheel chair, drinking prune juice because you've played the hell out of it for so long!

I don't get a lot of time to play. My girl is always bitching at me about the few hours a week I do play, so for me -- I need a game I can pick up that gives me VALUE immediately. This is why the exotics and stuff I do have I covet greatly...I really had to work to get those, as I can't just sit around all day and grind three characters for em.

I just scored a used PS Vita Slim off eBay a few min ago for $135 -- with charger, 8 gig card and baseball game. I'm looking forward to flying X-Wings around from my couch with remote play with Battlefront comes out.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

People still play this game? lolz.... this game died long ago for me, what a shame... it had so much potential but such a lack for new content, I played it right before the 1st xpac and was totally maxed out with 3 of each fully leveled and was just so bored of doing the same crap. anyways rant over!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Never thought id see the day! ahah Ive had one for a while now but I will buy another

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sheeplenwolvesclothing

But ya on that note it is fun to go in to Crota and solo him with the Ghorn, if u havent done it, its worth a shot!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: watchitburn

I used to be that way also, until I realized how easy it was to find people on the forums. Just go to recruitment and post "looking for two to do nightfall" in 5 minutes you will get multiple messages and you don't need a mic for nf everyone just goes there separate ways after so no making friends. Raids take about 10 minutes to get a team and too be honest you need a mic for those just because how complicated and team oriantated they are. If you are on xbox one I can help and we don't have to become friends lol

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Wow I messed that quote up ^^^

top topics

join