It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Terminology Is Grotesque... In My Opinion!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: kellyjay

Laws are tricky, there are always loopholes. If it is a question of the legality, and it is found that they have stretched it so far as to be outside the boundaries, then so be it.

If they are found to be innocent, will you still be offended at the thought of them using this fetal tissue?

Im all for stem cell research...so no if they come up clean then ill eat my hat, providing the fetal tissue is donated and they have the permission of the "host"...i say host because i wouldnt call someone killing their child a mother.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

That really sounds like you are offended by abortion in general. You are now shaming all woman who decide to get an abortion, by calling them killers.

Abortion is just a woman choosing to have a miscarriage. She goes to a doctor and gets professional help to force a miscarriage. Are you offended when women have miscarriages? If a woman was doing something kind of strenuous, and had a miscarriage, would you call her a killer? If not, then are you offended about it being a conscious decision, a choice to force a miscarriage?

Just trying to nail down where the line is.
edit on 16-8-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

That really sounds like you are offended by abortion in general. You are now shaming all woman who decide to get an abortion, by calling them killers.

Abortion is just a woman choosing to have a miscarriage. She goes to a doctor and gets professional help to force a miscarriage. Are you offended when women have miscarriages? If a woman was doing something kind of strenuous, and had a miscarriage, would you call her a killer? If not, then are you offended about it being a conscious decision, a choice to force a miscarriage?

Just trying to nail down where the line is.

are you serious?

an abortion is the woman CHOOSING, making a conscious decision to end her pregnancy because she doesnt want it.

a miscarraige is an unfortunate part of nature and its SPONTANIOUS, and not a choice, to put a woman who opts for an abortion, and a woman who loses a child in the same catagory is idiotic and to do so implies all women who lost ther child didnt want their child!

so do you really want or need me to answer that question about miscarraige and if i blame the woman?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The termonology exists for a reason. It's a tricky topic. When does a development of cells become "human". When does a body become life?

If a body doesn't have a functioning heart, then it isn't alive. Now, a body ("cell cluster") with a beating heart is alive.

This also goes into rights of the body. Should it be legal to force someone to keep something (alive or not) in their body that they do not want? Sure, they have a choice for sex but there are others who were raped.

It's a tricky subject.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Right with you on this one. To avoid distracting from your points, I won't say more. My position is well known around here, anyway.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I agree with your descriptions as they are exactly as i described earlier. An abortion is a forced miscarriage.
Your offence lies with the choice to go through with the procedure. I am very aware that many people are offended by this. I am not a great advocate for abortion myself, but I am an advocate for personal choice and the freedom not to allow others to dictate what someone can or cannot do with their own bodies and lives. Even babies. This will sound odd, but i don't think a baby should be able to use a mother to support it's life without the consent of the mother. If the mother does not consent, her decision should also trump the father's. It is her body and nobody else's. She should dictate what it is used for.
edit on 17-8-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I agree with your descriptions as they are exactly as i described earlier. An abortion is a forced miscarriage.
Your offence lies with the choice to go through with the procedure. I am very aware that many people are offended by this. I am not a great advocate for abortion myself, but I am an advocate for personal choice and the freedom not to allow others to dictate what someone can or cannot do with their own bodies and lives. Even babies. This will sound odd, but i don't think a baby should be able to use a mother to support it's life without the consent of the mother. If the mother does not consent, her decision should also trump the father's. It is her body and nobody else's. She should dictate what it is used for.

im pro-choice...begrudgingly, id dont like abortion but i know that i have no say what another does, i have no right over anothers autonomy....i just dont have to like it

simples

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join