It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Text colour on avatar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The text on my avatar is green. Which, on a grey background is hard to see. Is it possible to change the text colour?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

Just click the downward pointing arrow symbol on your navigation toolbar ( two to the right of "MyATS" and then choose "Account".

The fourth box down, on the right hand side, has drop down color change menus - including one for mini-profile text.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

With that answered could I hijack this thread to say how annoying it is when members change the colour of there username and stats so you cannot read them without highlighting it?

I thing this should be illegal and those doing so jabbed with pointy sticks until rectified.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Alert that when you see it, as it's against the T&C per the avatar guidelines thread.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Fantastic! Thanks! Nil points for my observational skills.

edit on 1482015 by MrCrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I did this. I screened the page, pasted it into paint and picked out the grey background colour, and changed my username to it so that it was invisible. Then I got told off by somebody with a big pointy stick.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

With that answered could I hijack this thread to say how annoying it is when members change the colour of there username and stats so you cannot read them without highlighting it?

I thing this should be illegal and those doing so jabbed with pointy sticks until rectified.

Oh it is. I remember a rule SO pointed out a long while ago, that your name cannot be obscured by font colour or anything.

And on my phone in the dark skin, some names - including certain Moderators here
- have invisible profiles more or less on da phonerino.

but yeah, it was a rule once.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Not sure if it is the same deal, but OP - I see your name fine.

Heff, I see nothing in yours... same with a few others.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

I have an unusually bright monitor setting so it's worse for me I think, I can read your name but can only see your stats if I squint very close to the monitor or highlight it. It's even worse when the member has no avatar as I have no clue who is saying what.

I spoke to SO about it a while ago and sent him some screenshots but he never got back to me.

edit on 14/8/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I have an unusually bright monitor setting so it's worse for me I think, I can read your name but can only see your stats if I squint very close to the monitor or highlight it. It's even worse when the member has no avatar as I have no clue who is saying what.

I spoke to SO about it a while ago and sent him some screenshots but he never got back to me.

I can see how mine would be a problem. I had not thought of that, I will make the contrast more intense, but if you see this mug - and get to the end one of a post with one hand scratching your head, then you know it's me anyways...

It's kinda hard to know where the problem is, as there are two opposite themes. PC I prefer the white theme, phone, the dark.

I can only imagine SO was doing 50 things at once, when you are the one who maintains a thing like this, you can imagine you'd need 5000 fingers top plug the holes as you work out what should have been a double integer.

that was my worst coding issue many years ago. :/ lol

More bugs... do not type < and then - and then - in a post to indicate (-- at something, or it pretty much craps your post out lol...

That, the . window thing, the colour on colour.

Stop making things and fix 'em boss !!!!!

edit on 14-8-2015 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

As I said it seems worse on my current setup so not sure if it's specific to me.

SO was aware of the issue and said would get back to me if he found a solution but as you say there's a lot to do and it's hardly mission critical.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Thanks for pointing that out! I chose white because it stood out against my background! Since I don't use mobile, and have avatars turned on... never realized that the text and background were the same color.

Fixed now!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Yes, my text was green but I changed it to black - looks OK now

EDIT: Now white on dark grey. I'm so cooking on gas.
edit on 1482015 by MrCrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Thanks for pointing that out! I chose white because it stood out against my background! Since I don't use mobile, and have avatars turned on... never realized that the text and background were the same color.

Fixed now!

I knew it was from one version of the theme. I know you didn;t use yer phone, but seemed to fit with others so rather than sit on it as I am wont, I let 'er rip!!

May be theme related to though, but I think I use both so I'dk..

happy 11:aa from Australia you sweathogs.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow

Yes, my text was green but I changed it to black - looks OK now

EDIT: Now white on dark grey. I'm so cooking on gas.

Haha My old man used to say that, cooking with gas.

Last time I tried, everyone just moved away and said "If yer gonna stink, do it away!"

.. I left it at that, but I dont think they actually got the point..
ehhh..

alls well that ends well!

top topics

join