Anybody ever seen SWAT Kats??

page: 1

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:57 PM
Just wondering if anyone has ever seen that cartoon called "SWAT Kats?" It was about these two renegade fighter jet pilots, but it was one of the most awesome cartoons I ever saw.

And they had an awesome variant of the F-14 Tomcat (they're cats; in their world, there are no humans, just bipedal cats).

Anyhow though, I just figured I'd mention them and see if anyone else ever saw the show and enjoyed it as much as I did.

It is off the air now I believe, but it will probably come back eventually. Unfortunately, you can't buy the episodes on DVD because they didn't release them (the jerks). Hopefully they will.

BTW, here is a link of the blueprint of the SWAT Kats F-14, called the "TurboKat:"

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Broadsword20068]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:30 PM
Yeah, I've seen SWAT Cats.

It aired during the mid 90's I think.

While no where near as cool as the cartoons that came out in the 80s (Macross, Transformers, GI Joe, Mask) it was cool for a 90s cartoon.

I used to watch it with the kid I babysat for afterschool.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:46 AM
Well I never cared for G.I. Joe or Mask but Macross looked cool. SWAT Kats to me was still cooler though

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:24 AM
The SWAT kats must be one of the best cartoons I've ever seen.
Not only the jet was cool but the stries were allways incredible

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:54 AM
Oh yeah, i remember.

Swat kats was that Hanna-barbera cartoon of these 2 cats, T-bone and rajor saving their cat city like powerpuff girls.

It was on CARTOON NETWORK over here in india . i used to watch that thing everyday soon after getting home from school. it was aired between 1996-99 (? ) in india.

I recall, they had a plane that could take off and land vertically. it was involved in several dogfights with UFO like fighters of the bad guys.
It often also dropped a cool motorbike with millsiles.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:03 PM
How does this come under =Aircraft projects ??
Yeah! I saw that cartoon - impressive but unrealistic[CATS!!
Also MAcross was way way better than Swash cats was. I think those Japanese dudes do much cooler stuff than HB's guys!
The F-35 tries to be some thing like the Turbocat with the VTOL capabilty and all also with improved JDAM's-no chance of seeing a cement cannon and stuff(what was HB thinking!) on the F-35!

new topics

top topics