It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AECOM and the Janet flights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
flightclub.jalopnik.com...

This article is basically just a rehash of known Groom Lake information, and not even a really good job at that. However, one thing I hadn't heard of is the Janets are suspected to be run by a company called AECOM.

Digging through the AECOM website, I found three addresses in Las Vegas.

Las Vegas - URS - AECOM
811 Grier Drive
Suite A
Las Vegas , NV 89119
United States
T 702.492.7900
F 702.492.9149

Las Vegas - Tishman Construction - AECOM
3930 Howard Hughes Parkway
Suite 270
Las Vegas , NV 89169
United States
T 702.731.0149
F 702.893.2495

Nellis Air Force Base - URS - AECOM
99th CES, 6020 Beale Avenue
Nellis Air Force Base , NV 89191-7260
United States
T 702.232.5355

CES is Civil Engineer Squadron.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

What I find interesting it the following:

All Janet aircraft owned by the USAF, operated by AECOM (through subsidiary JT3).
AECOM acquired URS Corporation in 2014. Two URS subsidiaries are EG&G and JT3.

All those names, esp. EG&G have been known contractors at the range. Including base security i.e. "camo dudes".

edit on 16-8-2015 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

Somebody needs to drive past the old special projects building and see whose name is on the sign. I'm assuming AECOM.

www.jt3.com...

The company is a joint venture of Raytheon and AECOM and is supported by 9 teammate companies. Together we develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments. We prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and air crews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.

JT3 is still a joint venture, now with AECOM. It isn't totally clear if the dudes work for JT3 or AECOM.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

AECOM was, at least in 2011, the largest engineering company in the world. They existed as many seperate subsidiaries for a good while, until deciding to restructure and incorporate all of them under one name. They purchased URS and it's subsidiaries, as well. But due to legalities from contractual obligations as far as I know the name of URS has not yet been changed.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

URS is an AECOM company, whatever that means:
www.urs.com...

They also have a joint url:
www.aecom-urs.com...

EG&G was the poster child for a collection of diversified, independent companies. When I worked for them, we had no obligation to buy from other EG&G companies.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

It's like I said above. AECOM purchased URS, but haven't folded them completely under the umbrella yet (thus changing their name) due to existing contractual obligations and the legalities involved with that. URS held a good many contracts as their own entity before they were aquired, and to change to company name and board/leadership would require a large percentage of them to be rewritten and renegotiated, or voided altogether. Although AECOM now owns URS, it must still exist as a semi-seperate entity for a set amount of time in order to avoid breach of contracts.

top topics

join