It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 4,000 reported Arrest-Related Deaths In Custody During The Past Decade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Ok so people have been dying in police custody for quite some time. No its not ok, I am totally against police murdering people while in custody or otherwise. They shouldnt be executing people, and over 60% of the deaths that have happenened within the last decade have been the police just killing people, while they were in prison. So what needs to be done about this? How can we remedy this situation? Solutions?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

revolutions come and go, tolerance fades, acceptance is only when convenient, the constitution get distorted to fit one's bias, marches and protests leads to nothing definitive...

this is a bigger than social-political-economical schisms.

at this point what we really need is an Evolution
its the only way forward.

we are otherwise trapped in a bubble; each step forward takes us inevitably back to the beginning...
call it progressive stagnation.

we just need to evolve. it will get worse before it gets better unfortunately, history teaches us that over and over.
sorry if I sound gloomy.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Just looking at the numbers reported by the FBI from 2011-2013 there were about 35,000,000 arrests made over that 3 year period.

So expand that out to the last 10 years and you get well over 100,000,000 arrests.

In case you were wondering that is a .0048 death per arrest rate. I don't think that qualifies as an alarming trend.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Lulz.

Millions and millions and millions of people arrested and booked over the last ten years.

But let's pretend people are dying in custody left and right, just like we pretend police are killing unarmed citizens more than they kill armed citizens.

Do you have a source for your "police are murdering people in custody" comment or are you just trying to inject some emotion into a fundamentally weak premise?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

They hate us for our freedom? LOL. No. They hate us because of the evil authoritarians and their apologists.

75% of people that die in custody were not convicted of the crime they were arrested for.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Just looking at the numbers reported by the FBI from 2011-2013 there were about 35,000,000 arrests made over that 3 year period.

So expand that out to the last 10 years and you get well over 100,000,000 arrests.

In case you were wondering that is a .0048 death per arrest rate. I don't think that qualifies as an alarming trend.

You know what DOES qualify for an alarming trend?

The fact that there have been over 100 million arrests in the last 10 years.

There are ONLY 300 million people in this country....

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Lulz.

Millions and millions and millions of people arrested and booked over the last ten years.

You find that funny?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

I find it funny that somebody is trying to turn a molehill into a mountain when it comes to this, yes.

The selective edit you did may be the source of your confusion.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

But you don't find it funny the amount of arrests we have compared to the world?

According to those numbers 1 out of 3 people have been arrested. (Granted I understand that some people have multiple arrests in that given time)

It still seems ludicrous to me........not funny. That's all.

And we are NOT making a mountain out of a molehill. One undeserved death is ONE TOO MANY!!!!!
edit on 15-8-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Maybe but then then apart form a a few random heart attacks and strokes from old people there should be ZERO deaths in police custody.

There job is not to hand out punishment, just keep those detained safe until trial or a investigation clears them.

new topics

top topics

join