It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King James Version: Was King James Bisexual-Homosexual?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: tony9802

King James wrote a lot of Christian material for his son. If he was honest in his writings, then I doubt he was LGBTQRSTUVWXY&Z. That would be like an atheist righting books on theology.

It's hurting your head to consider that a Christian hero could have been gay isn't it?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Non believers are all given over to sinful behaviors that is what happens to all who hold the truth in unrighteousness. Just because something does not go over well does not negate its truth.

All the Earth is under the curse that is why you find example of the corruption of sin in plant and animals. But plants and animals are not HOMO nor could they be.

Romans 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

you are mistaken in your quote of Acts where Peter is shown the great sheet. God did not tell Peter not to call what he created uncleaned. He told him not to call what He cleansed common.

Acts 10:14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Paul was just called or in the course of being called and given the Gospel of the grace of God. Peter was still preaching the Kingdom Gospel and was interrupted by the Holy Ghost coming upon the gentiles he spoke to before he could finish his gospel presentation because the Kingdom Gospel requires additional action from the hearers other than faith alone (water baptism). It is a sign of the change in gospels that was about to take place.

The Geneva Version is not the Preserved word of God. the preserved version is complete, whole and has all the verses in it, it defines all English words in it by the context and has a supernatural built in cross reference no other Bible has.

edit on 14-8-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

actually there is no way to really know he has been dead for over 400 years. Anybody who would have known has been dead just as long. And most things that people use as proof only came about 50 years ago.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I wasn't suggesting that we were able to know this, but that doesn't mean we can't consider it as a possible option.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

I'll check out the link..thanks..

Where might be the links you stated you could provide in you OP?
Seems your puter is working just fine..enough to post and look at others links, hmm?

You have jumped from King James being gay to good old Walter.
What might be next in you attempts?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

King James wrote a lot of Christian material for his son. If he was honest in his writings, then I doubt he was LGBTQRSTUVWXY&Z. That would be like an atheist righting books on theology.

It's hurting your head to consider that a Christian hero could have been gay isn't it?

1.) Why is King James a hero? I don't even have a King James bible.

2.) We don't even have the links as far as I can tell to provide the proof to consider. But even if he was (and you cannot deny that a LOT of historical figures are being revised to "suddenly" be outed lately making me skeptical), God will work with whatever he wants. He might even work with you someday. It's not like He only works with the righteous or the saintly. He'll work with the sinners too because He has to as we are all sinners.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

1.) Why is King James a hero? I don't even have a King James bible.

He wrote one of the most used and most famous versions of the bible in the world. I mean YOU may not like him or consider him a hero, but I'd think there are quite a few Christians who'd disagree with you. If I were still a Christian, I'd disagree with you in fact. That was the only version of the bible we used in my Catholic family.

2.) We don't even have the links as far as I can tell to provide the proof to consider. But even if he was (and you cannot deny that a LOT of historical figures are being revised to "suddenly" be outed lately making me skeptical), God will work with whatever he wants. He might even work with you someday. It's not like He only works with the righteous or the saintly. He'll work with the sinners too because He has to as we are all sinners.

I'm really not speculating one way or the other here. I saw it was a possibility, and decided that it could be possible. Though without the definitive proof, one can't say one way or the other. I certainly won't blatantly reject the idea just because homosexuality is supposed to be a sin in the bible though.

As for your point about outing old historical figures, that is likely because homosexuality has spent a long time in the dark ages and is only now regaining acceptance. It is likely that there ARE many famous historical figures that were secretly gay or bisexual, but were forced to hide it because of their fear of public perception. Being insecure in your body isn't a new thing you know?
edit on 14-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

He wrote one of the most used and most famous versions of the bible in the world.

He didn't write it, he commissioned it to be written. Nearly 50 scholars worked on it, though the majority was lifted from William Tyndale's original translation about 80 years earlier.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Hero? No. King James provided a poorly translated version of the NT, and the parsing in the OT is almost all wrong.

Were you hoping that the possibility of King James being a homosexual might hurt me?

Is that what you're here for? To see people lose their faith?

That seems pretty disgusting to me. I have less respect for you now than the little I had before.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I wasn't suggesting that we were able to know this, but that doesn't mean we can't consider it as a possible option.

without any knowable proof then it is all conjecture and a waist of time basically.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

without any knowable proof then it is all conjecture and a waist of time basically.

You just described all religion to a T.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Hero? No. King James provided a poorly translated version of the NT, and the parsing in the OT is almost all wrong.

Were you hoping that the possibility of King James being a homosexual might hurt me?

It sure looked like it.

Is that what you're here for? To see people lose their faith?

I wouldn't mind you seeing you actually question your faith, but lose it? Nah. I'm not that hopeful.

That seems pretty disgusting to me. I have less respect for you now than the little I had before.

Oh well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join