It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Self-Delusion of Christians in Their Christianity: Let Us Count the Ways

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
And now, an intermission, courtesy of...well, you'll figure it out:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
So in other words your saying that for the past 2,000 years Christians have not been doing their job. Ok, if that is true then how did Christianity become the largest religion on earth? Such a feat would be impossible if this was done blindly don't you think?

Christianity has "done its job" to the best extent possible by scattering seeds throughout the world. However, the Body of Christ cannot complete the task of bringing forth the true Kingdom. The time of religious Christianity must end.

The Body has existed as a masculine entity throughout the Church Age, and has "held the rod," even as a rod was placed in Jesus' hand during His persecution. But, just as the masculine can only plant the seed, and the feminine must bring forth the true life, the Bride of Christ must be established in order to birth Christ's Kingdom.

How is the Bride formed? Just as the bride of the "first Adam" came out of his sleeping body, those who wish to be a part of the Bride of Christ must come out of His (the "last Adam's) sleeping Body - the entombed Body of Christ.

edit on 14-8-2015 by TombEscaper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

It's just 1 christian berating other christians for not being christian enough according to his definition of it.

christians have been berating each other for this ever since doubting Thomas got outed!

This is incorrect. Christianity as a whole must be "put to death."

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

Excuse me....intermission was not over.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
edit on 8/14/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Actually, if anyone considers themselves to be under the integument of Christianity- the "Body of Christ," they cannot be a remnant founded in Truth. Christianity is entombed, and IS the tomb, out of which those who wish to reign in the Kingdom must flee. The fall of the divided house is near.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Jesus is praying for all Believers, not everyone in the world. The full context of the verse you cite makes this clear, not everyone will be brought to belief.

We pray that as many as may will be brought there, and the tragedy is that the way is open for all if they would only meet Him halfway.

Whether or not everyone will be brought to belief remains to be seen, but if it were not possible, Christ would not have prayed the prayer that He did. In actuality, it is a collective destination that awaits. Humanity, including those in Christianity, will either collectively rise, or collectively fall. And if it falls, those within Christianity will be held directly and unbearably accountable.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

May as well give the prayer you left out and see if what you are claiming Jesus said is in that part ...

According to the Bible, Jesus Christ has given to His Church the responsibility of representing His Kingdom to the world, and those within Christianity are quite complacent in believing that they adequately do this.

Joh 17:1 After Jesus had said this, he looked up to heaven and said, "Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, so that the Son may glorify you.

Joh 17:2 For you have given him authority over all humanity so that he might give eternal life to all those you gave him.

Joh 17:3 And this is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent—Jesus the Messiah.

Joh 17:4 I glorified you on earth by completing the task you gave me to do.

Joh 17:5 "So now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world existed.

Joh 17:6 I have made your name known to these men whom you gave me from the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word.

Joh 17:7 Now they realize that everything you gave me comes from you,

Joh 17:8 because the words that you gave me I passed on to them. They have received them and know for sure that I came from you. They have believed that you sent me.

Joh 17:9 "I am asking on their behalf. I am not asking on behalf of the world, but on behalf of those you gave me, because they are yours.

Joh 17:10 All that is mine is yours, and what is yours is mine, and I have been glorified through them.

Joh 17:11 I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by your name, the name that you gave me, so that they may be one, as we are one.

Joh 17:12 While I was with them, I protected them by the authority that you gave me. I guarded them, and not one of them became lost except the one who was destined for destruction, so that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

Joh 17:13 "And now I am coming to you, and I say these things in the world so that they may have my joy made complete in themselves.

Joh 17:14 I have given them your word, and the world has hated them, because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world.

Joh 17:15 I am not asking you to take them out of the world but to protect them from the evil one.

Joh 17:16 They do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world.

Joh 17:17 "Sanctify them by the truth. Your word is truth.

Joh 17:18 Just as you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.

Joh 17:19 It is for their sakes that I sanctify myself, so that they, too, may be sanctified by the truth. ISV

He has chosen those "not of the world" to complete the task of saving the world. If one does not understand this, he understands nothing.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Humanity, including those in Christianity, will either collectively rise, or collectively fall.

We'll all get there.
No worries. I've been saying that for years, and I believe it.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

No doubt He takes those that are weak to make strong . If one looks at the ones He had in Corinth you might think He must have made a mistake ,but guess not eh . Paul seemed to judge the thing and not the person .You seem to be judging the lot .it's sad really ....I guess when certain Christians have achieved perfectness they think they can put down what The Lord is trying to uphold .

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Complacent Christian, you have desecrated the image of your Lord, been crucified (unable to work) for 2,000 years, and are now sleeping in darkness. Will you awaken and repent, or choose to stay asleep?

Crack that whip!

Why do you even care to this point of creepy serial obssession ?

I'm glad you won't be anyones judge.

It is not creeperism that is intended, but inspirational "semantics" intended to awaken.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

angel of lightangelo

That is the "old you" here isn't it?

I can assure you that it is not! This is the one an only account, which has existed for years, but used little until now.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
tomb, I am not going to go into the misinterpretations and failures to rightly divide the word of truth, that your conclusions are skewed because you have taken something written to Israel in the past and made it to the body of Christ, the church today.

The 12 apostles never made it out of Judea when Paul was called to be an Apostle to the Gentiles and take the Gospel given him not by the other 12 or 500 but by revelation of Jesus Christ. That gospel of Christ was unknown to Peter and the others because they only knew the gospel of the Kingdom which is for Israel.

There are three different Gospels in the NT. the kingdom Gospel, the Gospel of the grace of God and the eternal Gospel.

Anyway, I don't care for todays organized institutionalized church it is no longer organic and places a lot on a single man or celebrity preacher rather than on those who make up the Body of Christ.

Hello,

We must understand that the Bible is living, active, and multi-layered. What applies to "Israel" (God's people) throughout the Bible actually and moreover applies to Christianity (God's people).

So, when the book of Judges says repeatedly that "in the days when there was no king in Israel, every man did what was right in his own eyes," we should understand this as a reference to mega-divided Christianity, with everyone believing different and conflicting things while being convinced they are all correct. According to the words of the King of all kings, when He left 2,000 years ago, darkness fell, and there has been no king. (John 9:4-5). The irreconilable disagreements throughout Christianity should make this self evident. Might you be uncomfortable in coming to the realization and confession of having been blinded and entombed? In fact, just the opposite should be the case, as the opportunity is now available to resurrect, exit the tomb, and ascend!
edit on 14-8-2015 by TombEscaper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Excuse me....intermission was not over.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Apologies. Unable to watch at the moment!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Humanity, including those in Christianity, will either collectively rise, or collectively fall.

We'll all get there.

No worries. I've been saying that for years, and I believe it.

Your optomism is noted and appreciated, but much needs to be done to ensure a "happy ending."

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

It is not creeperism that is intended, but inspirational "semantics" intended to awaken.

Then that will do just fine. Had to test the water.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Rex282

From the op and from the same prayer "John 17
20 Not for these only do I pray, but for those also who believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one; even as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that you sent me. 22 The glory which you have given me, I have given to them; that they may be one, even as we are one; 23 I in them, and you in me, that they may be perfected into one; that the world may know that you sent me, and loved them, even as you loved me.

Yahoshua clearly stated when he said to the disciples only:

“Do not deceived. For many will come in my name saying they are christ and deceive many.”

This is an obvious alluding to the coming of Christianity “christ”(anointed ones) and what John called antichrist (which means in place of the anointing).In line with this statement from Yahoshua the whole time from John 14-17 Yahoshua is speaking solely to the 11 disciples just as most of the dialogue of Yahoshua in the gospels is directed at the disciples only and culminates in John 14-17 in Yahoshua’s discourse to the disciples only. The crux is now(John 17) the 11 disciples no longer just ”believe” in Yahoshua (which means Yahweh the creator God is deliverance)…. they “know” the father as Yahoshua reiterated many ways.Notice Judas is absent from John 14-17.Here is what Yahoshua says to the disciples only.

“Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.Righteous Father, though the world does not KNOW you, I KNOW you, and THEY KNOW that you have sent me. I have made you KNOWN to THEM, and will continue to make you KNOWN in order that the love you have for me may be in THEM and that I myself may be in THEM”.

“I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for THEM which thou hast given me; for THEY are thine”

He is clearly not speaking of those that will “believe” the disciples Good news of Yahoshua.The vast majority of people do not believe in Yahoshua at all anyways…they believe in their religion.Yahoshua is only speaking of the disciples they are the ONLY ones to “know” the creator God the father while “in the world” (life in the material realm) because they are the ONLY chosen few to “know” the mystery of the “kingdom of their heavens” as Yahoshua told them.

He never said anyone else but the disciples would “know” the father(and enter the kingdom of their heavens) in this world only that they(everyone else) would believe…which is mankind’s nature….religion…and then “know” as the disciples did after their resurrection which there are zero details given by Yahoshua how that works except it will.Yahoshua goes on to say:

Righteous Father, the world has NOT known you: but I have known you, and THESE have known that you have sent me.And I have declared unto THEM your name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith you have loved me may be in THEM, and I in them.

The religion of Christianity has co-opted what Yahoshua said exclusively to the disciples and applied it to themselves without “seeing the obvious…they are not the disciples.Yahoshua clearly states the disciples are the only ones “given” to know the kingdom of their heavens and “come out” of the bondage of their religion.That doesn’t mean they were exemplary human beings it means they were “given” to know the truth.

They did not enter in to the kingdom of their heavens BY belief in faith it was “given” to them to “know”.Belief in faith is mans nature of religion.Everyone perceives their reality through faith because it is inevitable.To believe the truth is impossible .The truth can only be known.

What you are intimating is man can cause themselves to enter the kingdom of their heavens and circumvent what the disciples experienced which is completely false.Man cannot “make” themselves aware of truth (the kingdom of their heavens) by acts of religion…ANY kind of religion.Religion is the anthesis of truth…and that’s the rub EVERYONE who believes their religion BELIEVES they can..and have!!

Its a vicious cycle of self deception exactly as Yahoshua said it would be. Most people smile at their Jesus to his face(the bible) and laugh at him as a fool because he is not real.They can’t even believe what Yahoshua clearly states as recorded by the disciples.They have to twist it to fit their religious agenda ,whatever that may be, however it is ALL falsity.Yahoshua clearly states the world has not know Yahoshua nor the father in bold red letters yet Christianity does not believe him at all.

This is the crux of the real problem…. religious enlightenment because EVERYONE is already enlighten by their religion it just happens to be completely false.None can “escape” out of a prison they can’t perceive they are locked up in.They just decorate it more lavishly to make it comfortable and then they try to draw others into their home because misery LOVES company(and is deceived).

The bottom line is Yahoshua main declaration was the “coming” of the kingdom of their(mans) heavens INTO the kingdom of the creator God and that NONE have entered into their rest(resurrected to LIFE) but ALL of mankind WILL.That is the Good news.Everything else is false religious belief.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

Most of what you said makes little sense .

Man cannot “make” themselves aware of truth (the kingdom of their heavens) by acts of religion…ANY kind of religion.Religion is the anthesis of truth…and that’s the rub EVERYONE who believes their religion BELIEVES they can..and have!!
How can you know what is true and expect to tell others the difference after making this statement ?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Jesus Cleaned the inside of me and makes me acceptable unto God.

So are you saying that because Paul struggled with his sin nature that the inside of his cup was not cleansed?

psychological mortification is NOT cool dude.

apparently you haven't Read

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be . 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot * please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 12 Therefore *, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die : but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live . 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

this is on going in my life and will be until I die. But the inside is clean because of Christ

edit on 14-8-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: TzarChasm

Exactly, that's how Christianity has gotten so big, parents telling their children that there's something wrong with them and then proceeding to bash an answer into their heads until they actually believe it and will die for it. Those children grow up to teach their children the same thing and that's how it has been for thousands of years now. It all started with torture and conquest in the name of the Roman god Jesus.

Very sad. I was a victim of it, but luckily I broke free from it.

It looks to me neither of you literally believe the Bible.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282Rex282“Do not deceived. For many will come in my name saying they are christ and deceive many.”

This is how I know you don't read and study from the preserved Bible. But from one of the "love of money versions".

compare your reading above to the preserved Bible and that it can be interpreted that many will come in Christ's name Claiming Jesus is the Christ but shall deceive many. That is happening today.

Matt 24: 4 Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ, ' and will deceive many.

Mark 13:5 And Jesus answering them began to say , Take heed lest any man deceive you: 6 For many shall come in my name, saying * , I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Luke 21:8 And he said , Take heed that ye be not deceived : for many shall come in my name, saying * , I am Christ; and the time draweth near : go ye not therefore after them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join