It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was this a Meteor blazing across the Scottish sky tonight?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Time stamp from first picture Original Date/Time [0x9003] = 2015:08:13 21:02:21

Time stamp from 2nd picture Original Date/Time [0x9003] = 2015:08:13 21:04:16

Time stamp from 3rd picture Original Date/Time [0x9003] = 2015:08:13 21:04:52

Time difference from first image to second 2:05

Now compare the object on the left on the 3rd picture with the 2nd picture, it's not on the 2 picture and in 36 seconds look how far it appears to have traveled down the frame in the third.

It's hard to judge distances and speeds of objects at altitude.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I have seen this phenomena before..It's a Jet high up, With the sun setting it can cause this effect. Looks like a rocket or something coming down rather than away from you?...quite spectacular. The time 21:00 hours with a setting sun in the west was perfect for this.
My Guess is you were facing North, maybe 20+ degrees of North to the west when you capture the pic.?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: welshreduk
Contrail.........next

Really? The object circled in the picture looks like a plane to you? I think you need to change those red glasses........

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

My theory is that it is more space junk from the conflict going on in space. That is why we have seen an increase in fireballs over the past few years. Of course there are those who desperately would like this covered up who will attempt to convince you it was just a plane.

This guy explains the conflict:

You can see more in this thread, some are maybe true bolides, but some are undoubtedly space debris:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Pretty clearly a contrail.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

And you have to take off those glasses that make everything look like a UFO. Its a plane...clearly. What exacly doesnt look like a plane?

Oh...and what conflict going on in space? LOL....

edit on 14-8-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

We see more of everything because of the net, things that you would not have heard about years ago end up on social media & sites like this.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

You obviously missed this image then X.

Contrails

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

And you have to take off those glasses that make everything look like a UFO. Its a plane...clearly. What exacly doesnt look like a plane?

Oh...and what conflict going on in space? LOL....

Whoever said anything about a UFO?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Contrails

In all three of those pics I can see something dark at the front of the chemtrail/contrail. Can you see anything dark at the front of the pic in the OP? If you can blow it up and find something then I will stand corrected.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

USE some common sense is the resolution of the camera phone picture in the OP good enough ,do YOU never think before you type.

Look at thet size compared to the image I posted also read the text on the image as well.

Do you see why I asked you to read it.

edit on 14-8-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I forgot to follow up on this. I ended up looking up the area on plane finder myself and there was another FedEx plane flying from CDG to Memphis just a few minutes ahead of the second plane. This is likely what I saw, though it looked incredible.

I can only come to the conclusion the plane was at high enough altitude that the sun was still visible over the horizon and wasn't blocked by any clouds which is what made the plane so brightly lit. I honestly could not make out any defined shape because it was so bright. The second plane was easily identifiable as a twin engine jet, but I guess it was shaded by a cloud between it and the sun.

I still can't explain why it appeared to be traveling so fast, but the flight radar tracking shows the first plane on the correct trajectory and only maybe 2km north of the second path, nearly parallel.

The other interesting fact I realized is that as the sun sets, the lit portion of the contrail moves. With the plane INTO the sunset at roughly 600mph, at this latitude it's traveling almost the same speed as the sun over the surface, so the lit portion of the contrail continually follows the plane, and appears much like a fireball.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Well good for you, you made the effort to look at was suggested to confirm what you saw.

Unlike someone else, eh planetx

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
My money's on a re-entering piece of man-made rocket stage/satellite/debris. They typically travel across the sky slower than meteors, but faster than planes.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Except it looks like a typical contrail for a plane lit by setting sun.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Kudos to you for engaging in critical thought to narrow down to the phenomenon that is most likely. It takes a person of good standing to change their position in light of new and compelling evidence.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Except it looks like a typical contrail for a plane lit by setting sun.

Reentry trails can also look like contrails.

www.astrowatch.net...
www.youtube.com...

Even some meteors leave a smokey trail that could look like a contrail.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Yet it matches the position of the aircraft on plane finder and no reports about a reentry .

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

Contrails

In all three of those pics I can see something dark at the front of the chemtrail/contrail. Can you see anything dark at the front of the pic in the OP? If you can blow it up and find something then I will stand corrected.

No offense inteded mate, but you cant even tell that ballonns flying in the sky are just that..balloons. So forgive me if i dont regard your observational skills in very high esteem

By the way, that Brazil fireball video is friggin awesome. Thanks for posting. Thats looks more to me like a man made object breaking up, but its cool either way
edit on 18-8-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
I forgot to follow up on this. I ended up looking up the area on plane finder myself and there was another FedEx plane flying from CDG to Memphis just a few minutes ahead of the second plane. This is likely what I saw, though it looked incredible.

I can only come to the conclusion the plane was at high enough altitude that the sun was still visible over the horizon and wasn't blocked by any clouds which is what made the plane so brightly lit. I honestly could not make out any defined shape because it was so bright. The second plane was easily identifiable as a twin engine jet, but I guess it was shaded by a cloud between it and the sun.

I still can't explain why it appeared to be traveling so fast, but the flight radar tracking shows the first plane on the correct trajectory and only maybe 2km north of the second path, nearly parallel.

The other interesting fact I realized is that as the sun sets, the lit portion of the contrail moves. With the plane INTO the sunset at roughly 600mph, at this latitude it's traveling almost the same speed as the sun over the surface, so the lit portion of the contrail continually follows the plane, and appears much like a fireball.

Well done for looking it up mate. Kudos to you

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join