It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not My Dog...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Just got back from the vet..here is the info I was given:

16 pound 1-2 years old terrier mix.
No chip, but has been spaded.
Very healthy..3 out of 4 on the health index.
The vet gave her worm and flea medication.

But..unfortunately ..Not My Dog will remain not my dog for ten more days...that is the time frame that the humane society gives for owners to collect their pets. The vet said as long as I wait that time, then it would be ethical to keep her. Until then, she is still deemed a "stray".

So, I will have to wait patiently for that time to pass. And, I have to keep detached from her..so, this is gonna be a rough ten days.

I'll update this thread after the ten days has passed.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out and offered up all the useful information. I really do appreciate it.

blend57

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
10 days! No visits allowed? Well, it's the right thing to do, then she's yours!
Only 16 lbs? I thought she looked bigger in the photos, so I guess the pointer mix was way off. I can definately see Jack Russell then. She's very lucky to find you

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Hi Blend - You did the right thing. Unfortunately, sometimes the right thing is painful...

Like you said, you seem to be off the beaten path, soooo, Not My Dog probably didn't get there by herself. Just sayin'.

The odds are good that she will find a forever home with you.

By the way, she looks like a little black and white "Pimento" to me.

Don't Worry - either way you both win...but I am pulling for you!

Blessings.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I've been on tenterhooks all day - the 10 days won't be easy on any of us I think

Will the dog be with you for that time? I'm not clear as to how the system works. (polite way of saying I haven't a clue).

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes

Yeah..she is staying with us for the ten days. I would never let them put her in a kennel.. but, I cannot get attached to her any more then I am now. That is going to be the hard part.

The owners, they took good care of her, so, I just have to keep thinking about how much they are missing her. It is the right thing to do.

No matter, She is adorable and I got to spend some time with her and help keep her safe..no matter what the outcome. That is still a positive thing.

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You certainly have a good outlook...and no matter the outcome---although I wish it will be in your favor--at lest you'll have some time with her....and she will be taken care of with love.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Does the humane society have information on her? If the family contacts them, do they contact you?

I hope you get to keep her, but trying to find her family (with kids that may be crying about losing their beloved dog) is the right thing to do.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

The humane society has been contacted, but I am unsure if they call me when the owners inquire about her or if the owners themselves do the legwork. And I wasn't thinking clear enough to ask that question at the time. I was too excited about finding her yesterday to even think about such things.

I am confident, though, that all will turn out as it should. And that in this case, well, at least one family pet will be saved from being put into a kennel and possibly being euthanized, and will be kept safe from the perils of living in the wild. This is a positive for her..and I am grateful to have been able to help her out.

At the end of the day, it is as simple as she asked for help and I was able to give it to her..it doesn't matter how long or short a time frame she needs it. And that is what it is all about, giving help when you can, to those you can give it to. Whether they be animals or people.

Thanks,
blend57

edit on 14-8-2015 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You are doing the right thing. So...if the ten days go by and no owners claim her, you will have no regrets. Now we will all be dying to find out if you will be able to keep her or not. Good luck sweet doggie!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
*Update*

Three days left...and still no one has stepped up to claim her..

We checked craigslist and I have been running the same route for the last week to see if anyone would stop me and ask me "Have you seen my dog?" ... no one has.

So, I am getting excited!

As for Not My Dog...she has been eating regular dog food and seems to be enjoying her stay here. A free bird , she spends most of her day outside, chasing bunnies and squirrels, exploring the woods that surround my home. She comes back inside head to toe dirt and stares at you with accusing eyes until you take her out and give her a bath (almost a daily thing) She is doing well I think.

Anyhow, with three days left, I want to give her a name. Or at least start thinking about one. Has to be as unique as her..not girly..so, no Peaches or Ginger or anything like that.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Giving this considerably little thought:

Conspiracy - Connie

Moon Hoax - Moxie

Pillow Hog - Phoggy

Ancient Aliens - Allie

Tin Foil Hat - Hattie

Hmm.. perhaps it's time to let someone else have a go

Ooops - one I forgot:

Butt In Face - Buffy (that should be enough to lose me my star)

edit on 20-8-2015 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Thank you for the suggestions.. coming up with a name is hard work. It has to fit the personality of the dog. Even if the names listed aren't exactly right, they will help me to find the right one.

So thank you!

blend57

Right now, I am thinking about naming her after this lady: Sybil

She is acting all crazy today..lol

edit on 20-8-2015 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I am very happy to hear that she is doing so well with you! Sybil sounds good. I know animals have their crazy moments. I sometimes wonder if my cat is possessed. LOL

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

If she is meant to be yours, it'll happen. Regardless, your paths have crossed and both of you benefited from that. Should she end up back with her owners, they were fortunate that she happened upon someone who cared enough about her to keep her safe...and cares enough about her still to let her go. Most wayward pets are not so fortunate...and it seems that along her path before you, she got a taste of the unpleasant side of humanity.

We have a foster program through several rescues to get unwanted pets out of the kill shelters, and it is much the same...you care for a pet until a forever home is found, and then you let them go. Few people can do it for very long because it is so easy to get attached...but it is one of the most amazing acts of love and kindness and saves a lot of lives. I'm hoping that you get to keep her, but if you can't, the kindness that you showed her will be repaid to you many times over. You are doing an amazing, selfless thing, and that is rare. Bright Blessings to you and all paws crossed that things will work out in your favor.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Anyone else getting nervous as they are down to the last day or so?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Nope..This little girl is mine

I would assume that anyone who wanted to claim her or was looking for her would've called the pound, animal shelter, or put it on craigs list by now. I know I would've done that within the first few days.

So, I believe she now has a new home...just needs a good name..which I can't seem to pick out still..

The only thing on my mind right now is what to name her..any suggestions?

blend57

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This thread is beautiful! Thank you!

"Not Your Dog" deserves a pretty name, so choose wisely!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I like Maggie.
I'd name my next dog Maggie, but the dog across the street is currently using that name

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Um..my moms name is Maggie..so I'm betting that is a "no dice" thing

But I do like the name as well..
ty for the suggestion..

blend57

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Just a suggestion..."ahora la mina" is "now mine" in Spanish. You could call her "Mina" (Mee-na).

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join