It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daddy, Will You Leave The Light ON?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Daddy, Will You Leave The Light ON?

I was always afraid of the dark as a child. Were you?

Check under the bed, Daddy.
Check in the closet, Daddy.
Check behind the door, Daddy.

Monsters and the boogie man will get me, Daddy.

The darkness terrified me. The unseen evil that lurked. There would be no sweet dreams for me without the light.

What is it about the darkness that brings such angst to a child? You are big kid now, you don't need the light. At a certain age if you need to sleep with the light on, you are chastised.

Sleeping in the dark has to be acceptable at some point, but why? There seems to be this need to force children to accept evil.

When the innocence is gone, the programming has begun. As the light is removed, the darkness becomes bearable. Evil becomes the norm and the light is extinguished.

It all starts with the children being raised by parents that were raised by parents. In a society that places more value on material possessions. Innocence is a weakness.

We do not have to be taught morals. We do not need rules to live by. We are born into the light and forced to live in the dark.

Yet, in the end we are begging for the light, asking for forgiveness, doing all we can to avoid the dark. Why?

Why do we have to lose the light?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Almost lost me when you started talking about evil but then regained my interest at reprogramming...

My first response would be that its hard to sleep with the light on. Then I'd say light is just man-made spectacle of genius. But then what about natural light and the sun? Hmmmmm..
Your thread/poem brings questions that most don't think about. Too many questions honestly..

Are we forced to live in the dark or is that just a natural cycle.
Are there dark forces in the night, on certain days/months/years because of this natural cycle.
Does someone or a society know of these cycles and purposely put us in them.
Is that society even human.
Do we have a chance to evolve from this treachery you bring to our knowledge.
That you bring to light.

Or is this just the Earth spinning around the Sun rotating from night to day with billions of conscious souls blossoming and wilting into the darkness or light..

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Kids grow out of it. As for myself...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Embrace the dark. Become one with it.

Stand behind a door, or in a far corner, in the dark. Feel your invisibility.
You can see . . . but you can't be seen. The dark hides you . . . it becomes your friend, your ally.

The air seems cooler in the dark. Inhale slowly and quietly. JUST DON'T MOVE MUCH. . . . or . .

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I saw this exact picture searching the web the other night and I thought that looks like something NIGHT STAR would like!

LOL!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SIEGE

No thanks, darkness can see darkness, there is no hiding if you are the light, but there does need to be darkness for the light to shine.

new topics

top topics

join