It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Requested Book with Tips on "How to Delete Something so it Stays Deleted"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: enlightenedservant

So it's petty to be storing classified information and information that's matters of national security on a private server where it shouldn't be?

That's nice.

But that's your opinion and nothing more

Again your OPINION doesn't change the facts

This is getting irritating. So I'll explain it one last time.

I responded to something about this supposed book scandal, not the server situation in general. You appeared to think I was talking about the server situation in general & responded likewise. I pointed out that I was talking about the supposed book scandal, which is petty & pure speculation. You completely ignored that & kept posting about the server situation in general.

And while typing this, I see your other post right below the one I'm responding to. Yes, it is pure speculation that this supposed book scandal is linked to her server's situation. There's literally no proof she got this book or read it, much less used that chapter's information for nefarious reasons. So yes, it's purely speculation.
edit on 13-8-2015 by enlightenedservant because: don't ask or else

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Yep. Four people die in Benghazi, due in large parts to cuts THEY made and they loose their doodoo.

Millions die and crickets.

Question: When there are detachments of marines guarding consulates in places in the Caribbean and shepherding Valerie Jarrett when she goes overseas, it clearly wasn't because we didn't have our own trained personnel available to assign there. They could easily have hired private security contractors for those embassies that had marines in non-hot spots and moved them to Libya, a known hot spot. Instead, they hired local contractors in Libya and put our marines in politically stable zones.

What kind of sense does that make?

It calls into question Hillary's judgment. Funding had nothing to do with that.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

like i said: if it bleeds, it leads. Media caters to what their audience will stay tuned for. That's how ads get sold.

It is just a portrayal of the human attention span. We The People made the monster by paying attention to it. If the GOP took the higher ground, they'd hear crickets chirping.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
There are two kinds of people: those who delete their browsing history, and those who regret not deleting their browsing history.

edit on 13-8-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I have every work related email I have ever typed or recieved. A 15 year history. And im just some schmuck completely urelated to any kind of secure job role. Matter of fact, when Sarbanes Oxley was passed, it resulted in no real changes in my personal behavior. I was already doing that kind of stuff pursuant to common ethics.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I said browsing history. Also, that's gotta be a ton of digital junk. Somewhere, a disgruntled server swears vengeance...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

The first 12 years are burned to DVD.

There's no way Outlook would be able to open itself up with that kind of baggage.

ETA: it may not be "normal" for people to maintain their emails by burning them to DVD. However, creating annually indexed archives is not unusual. I just chose to take my archives with me when the last company melted down. Lots of formulas and VB scripts that I could use. Not to mention just the regular stuff, like training materials, etc.
edit on 8/13/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Here's a nice little freeware application for Windows that integrates into the explorer right-click drop down menu when you right-click a file where you click WipeFile and it has several different strengths of encryption/methods.. It supposedly is military strength.

WipeFile erases files and folders secure and fast.

WipeFile overwrites the information completely, so there is no way to undelete the files or reconstruct the file content.

WipeFile supports 14 different wipe methods, e.g. two US Navy standards, the standard of the US Department of Defence, US Airforce and the NATO.

You can download it for free here:
www.gaijin.at...
edit on 8/14/2015 by BigOrange because: Typo

edit on 8/14/2015 by BigOrange because: Typos

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You would think with all of her alleged experience "deleting" people, emails should be a breeze.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

No dizzoubt

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BigOrange
You can also use ccleaner, set it to wipe the # out of free space, ADS and cluster tips as well as cleaning your browser and application histories. It does up to gutman(35 passes).

edit on Fri, 14 Aug 2015 12:05:12 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

There's no way Outlook would be able to open itself up with that kind of baggage.

ETA: it may not be "normal" for people to maintain their emails by burning them to DVD. However, creating annually indexed archives is not unusual. I just chose to take my archives with me when the last company melted down. Lots of formulas and VB scripts that I could use. Not to mention just the regular stuff, like training materials, etc.

Agreed. I work in the medical device industry, and E-Mails are a very important piece of business. I never delete an email, and once my inbox gets too full I archive them to a server at work.

Even once people leave the firm I work at, their E-Mail history is kept in a shared server so that anyone who is working on that person's prior projects has access to it.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I was already doing that kind of stuff pursuant to common ethics.

I think that is where Hillary and yourself differ.

That, and possibly gender.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Come on people, you're defending this witch? Why do you think she asked for the book? Hillary Clinton AFTER BEING SOS DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO E-MAIL OR E-MAIL ETIQUETTE? Come on, she was looking for chapter 6 or whatever it was, how to make things stay deleted, she knew she #ed up, and panicked. She heard the toilet flushing, her career inside. Why would ANYONE give her the benefit of the doubt? You think she's earned it? F@$% em all, every politician in this country ought to be treated like a PP fetus squeezed about the head with forceps till they pop, the "more crunchy" method.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
In this day in age, kids are internet savvy. So how is it that the presumed future commander in chief not know what she was doing?

Maybe Hilliary should've called Fawn Hall, she knows how to make a document disappear.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You may want to watch what you do. And announcing it to the world.

In some organizations what you did is very much theft. In most organizations, in fact.

When you create intellectual property during work time -- using your organization's systems and infrastructure -- it is more often than not considered the property of that organization, and that includes scripts, programs, "formulas"... even some concepts and ideas.

Even when you don't sign an NDA, in some cases you are still bound by the laws in your state, province, country etc.

Source: I'm an IT professional.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join