It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really don't want to go to work tommorow.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Gotta be tough to survive...

Make no money laying in bed. I cut my hands occasionally electrocute myself, why doing my best to be safe, I burn myself at work, and freeze myself which is like burning myself, but worse actually especially when it blisters..

I climb in dark hot spaces fixing things everyday, and on top of that I have to deal with human psychology, usually upset, because they have expensive stuff broken and they are hot or cold... EVERYDAY....

Man I get it your upset over sunburn and some scrapes and sting on your limbs but damn man, I got you beat and I do this crap everyday...

Suck it up and get your ass to work...

When the going gets tough, the tough get going... Don't be a wimp...

If your ancestors were wimps you would not be here whining... Think about it...
edit on 8 13 2015 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Ahh, pissing contest eh sir

Luckily I do not have an ego to be offended by your remarks but let me tell you sunburn wasp stings and smashed shins is no walk in the park.

I have over the years broken at least 8 bones(not including ribs), fallen of a 30 foot bridge and walked 3 miles to get help. Put a 3 inch barbed nail through my hand and managed not to swear as there were children present(that hurt more coming out than it did going in!)
Taken the top of both thumbs, had 16 staples in my head as it was quicker than going to hospital, 3rd degree burns twice to name a few.
I've had more electric shocks than I can remember and here in the UK we have proper electric not that girly 110 volt stuff.

I have 4 fused vetebrae in my neck and virtually no cartilige in my knees.

So when I say that sunburn wasp stings and smashed shins hurts believe me I'm not joking

Anyway I can't sit here chatting theres I've got to go to work.

To everyone else thanks for the replies and I'll see you all in a couple of weeks.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: nonspecific

Oh, well. What can you do?
Music festivals sound interesting. What kind of music?

All types depending on the event, everything from crap dance music to even crapper commercial stuff but sometimes it's good.

It's not every day you get to work with tom jones or eminem playing live in the background!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I have learned after reading the first sentence in a post when it's a personal insult to not read the rest of it.

Good luck on growing up loser. You earned the loser title it appears. Keep your ass in bed don't go to work.

Why bother whining on a message board and asking opinions by the way if you cannot handle the criticism dumb ass.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I assume you were replying to me not yourself?

Did you miss the three emoticons that should have given you the definate impression that my reply was intended as lighthearted even though your post was just an extension of your own macho ego?

As for growing up then I would suggest a moments reflection on your attitude to others and a basic understanding of how to interpret the words of others.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You still here? I thought you'd already gone to work so I didn't post this reminder before.

Cling Film - wrap some of that round your shins.

If it cheers you up, I've been laughing my socks off at your woes

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Still waiting for my lift, I don't start until tonight.

Cheers for the advice but a few days rest and some cream and I'm not too bad now.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Have a good one man, and share some interesting stories when you get back!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I don't think he'll have to worry about sunburn this time

The real danger will be sink holes.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

There's this new thing, it's called phoning in sick...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

good lux kid...

Be grateful I wasted my time trying to help, you since real life does not seem to being helping you...

Your smart ass managed to give you one last moment of my time, good luck strange punk ass kid...

I have no idea who you are but I regret trying to give you advice...

I know now mankind will fail in less than 50 years for sure...

directed to the op since my uncanny procedure seems to confuse the simple minded...
edit on 8 15 2015 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Hahaha! Punk ass kid?!!
OP is well past being called a kid, I'm sure that will make him chuckle.

Did you not get the jokey manner of this thread at all? A tongue in cheek moan about his recent experiences working some festivals here in the UK, heck you must be a very bitter person, or perhaps overly serious maybe?

Chill out man, your first post here did seem just like a testosterone fueled pissing match that your life is so hard compared to the OP's so he should stop whining, blah. Get over yourself.
If your work life is so challenging then so what, I couldn't give a toss, it is your choice, as it is the choice of the OP to do or grumble about anything he wishes.
YOU are no more special than anyone else by choosing to do whatever it is you do, don't delude yourself.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: nonspecific
I went to work away on the 23 of July for what should have been an 8 day job. I got back on the 11th of August.

Aside from living in a tent and getting rained out and covered in mud after 5 days of rain it got hot really quickly and then I got sunburned.

Somehow I got sunburned SHINS??? Who gets sunburn on there shins? I normally just go brown but oh no this was near hospitalisation sunburn.

Then for reasons that I will not go into I was repeatedly stung on said sunburned shins by a bunch of drunken angry wasps, this as you can imagine was unpleasant. Just to top it off I was then smashed in my severely sunburned and multiple wasp stung shins with with a high speed mash of twisted metal resulting in severe abraisions and me going off in a huff and swearing and drinking before finishing off the last four days in agony.

Then I got back at two in the morning only to have to move house and have barley had a chance to sit down whilst dealing with other life related issues.

I am supposed to be going to work again in the morning but am still awaiting a phonecall that should have been recieved hours ago to confirm that I have to engage in this sillyness one again but am thinking about turning my phone off and just going to bed for a few days.

Is anyone else sick of the daily grind or did I just have a bad couple of weeks

Maybe long pants would help!

Lol you would think the OP would have had to hire a consulting firm to come up with that one!

Mind = Blown

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

...or maybe the OP is just chuckling at you as well, GO OP! Lol

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

He better be laughing at me because I hate when people don't laugh at my stupid jokes.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

I laughed, but only really because FyreByrd said 'long pants' and not trousers

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Blah blah blah.

I gave you that as a first line so you cant ignore the rest like you stated in your last reply so there is the insult you need to continue to berate me.

What's your problem buddy? I asked a question about having to go to work, yes I moaned about it but ended my op with a "who else is tired of the daily grind opener? to encourage others to talk about how # it is getting up in the morning.

You rock though dude and thank you for all the constructive help, I'm only here off chance though brother as when I say I'm off to work it tends to be for at least two weeks not that 8 hour girlie thing you seem to have a chip on your shoulder about...

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Lmao at the muppet.

As ever having the time of my life and making my daily bread, the worst injury this time is I have lost my voice through laughing so much and talking round the campfire after a hard days graft and drinking all the free beer.

It's a hard job but someones got to do it, good luck heaving those 2240x1220 plasterboard sheets about chief.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Haha, nah, been repointing an old stone wall today in the lovely sunshine, couple of pints at lunchtime by the beach, a most excellent day.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Sounds like luxury to me.

I start at 2am having got in from working a 20 hour shift the night before and walking home 10 miles so half an hoursa sleep before I have to walk back.
Down T' pit we use our bloody stumps what was once our hands to dig out frozen coal and we have to transport it in our mouths one lump at a time.
Seeing as long trousers have not been invented in Yorkshire yet we have to wear shorts and wellys in all weather even when the snow is 12 foot outside.
The pay is rubbish and my T' Father charges me 12 bob and 6 a week to live in the hovel with my 13 sisters and 12 brothers not forgetting the whippets (14) but I only get 10 bob a week pay and If I don't have it T' father kills me feeds me T' dogs and dances on me grave!.

Sunburnt shins.....ouch.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join