It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Godzilla El Niño' may be coming to California, could bring 'extreme rainfall'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Last year I was scoffed at when I said I wasn't too worried about the drought because an El Nino year was coming. I lived in Ca for 33 years, While they are getting more extreme the El Nino years are still fairly consistent. Every 4-7 years.

This will drop a lot of water and then it will go back to drought conditions just before another El Nino year.

As far as collecting water, I believe it depends on where you live. We don't have the mosquito problem that the south does. That is why you aren't supposed to collect rain water in many southern areas from my understanding.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Probably. The reason for such is because it lowers the water table if it's common practice. However I don't see a reason such policies couldn't be suspended in flood conditions.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

tough deal for the folks there, since it was already an area lacking from water, much like NYC when they had to suck water from the northern area, Cali has utilized resources destined for other areas naturally...

May have been a good Idea back in the early 1900's, but hey, we are in the next century, and science knows alot more...

robbing Peter to pay Paul, doesn't work in the long run...

We should just relax on all the man over nature deal...

Embraces what nature provides, and try to respect and protect what we have... (hippy hat on
)

live long and PROSPER!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Yeah... barring consistent mild rains for a few years, there's not really any hope for any part of California but northern. The smart thing to do would be for people to relocate and to stop wasting time, money and water trying to sustain it. But, people never seem to do the smart thing when it comes to the climate or environment.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
We got a pretty good cats and dogs rain here in south Texas a couple of months back.
It was pretty disruptive. People died and a lot of commerce came to a halt.
It's hot and dry and the grass is brown now.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I don't know about the US.

All I know there is HEAVY rain here in europe! That honestly sounded like hail was coming down but it was all rain. And yesterday fairly strong winds.

Not typical weather where I live.
edit on 14-8-2015 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join