It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Abyss

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So another one in my top ten favourite movies, The Abyss (1989 james cameron)

synopsis - a crew of engineers are draughted by the navy seals to help recover some top secret materials after one of their nuclear submarines was ambushed by something "unknown" i wont spoil it for those who havn't seen it, but its an excellent movie, one of james camerons best in my opinion!

heres a link to the full movie www.youtube.com...

enjoy!

also if anyone wants to drop some links to any good movies in the comments it would be appreciated (especially if its from the 80s lol) i have nothing to watch tonight!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

Man I really love that movie. Such a great plot and acting. The ending is still amazing might need to watch it again.

I kinda went on a nostalgia run a few weeks ago and watched Willow and Bladerunner. Not sure why everyone hated Willow such a great movie I loved when i was a kid

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Oh, I loved Willow.

Shortly after the best line:

"Wanna breed?"

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

www.imdb.com...

That is a very good creative and psychological movie called "Franklyn". It has a great twist in it, too. I highly recommend this, Kellyjay. It is late 90s.

"The Abyss" was a very good movie.

edit on 13-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
And the Abyss was also great.

"Raise you hand if you think that was a Russian water tentacle."

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I still have a crush on Joanne Whalley. Wouldn't have worked out when I was 5 though

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

To not like willow is tantamount to blasphemy!! lol i love that movie sooo hard!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I broke the VHS when i was a kid from re watching it so many times haha

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I broke the VHS when i was a kid from re watching it so many times haha

haha good old vhs huh? i did the same with never ending story lol

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I'm one of those weirdo's who like the 2nd never ending story better as a kid.

you could watch Princess Bride? I got my mind blown the other day after finding out Robin Wright is Claire Underwood in House of Cards

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I'm one of those weirdo's who like the 2nd never ending story better as a kid.

you could watch Princess Bride? I got my mind blown the other day after finding out Robin Wright is Claire Underwood in House of Cards

gahd i havent seen princess bride in years!!....im kinda in the mood for robin hood, prince of theives

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Thats the problem so many good movies from the 80s

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
And the Abyss was also great.

"Raise you hand if you think that was a Russian water tentacle."

Mmmm!

Mind you, Ed Harris's reaction to 'the fluid' had me gasping at the time..he later had a real panic moment when a feeder mask* was put on the wrong way round.

* I should say regulator!

edit on 13-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You're awesome! I love that movie. I was watching a random facts video and they said that they filmed it in a giant tank that they constructed.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Thats the problem so many good movies from the 80s

best era ever!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

You're awesome! I love that movie. I was watching a random facts video and they said that they filmed it in a giant tank that they constructed.

they did? did it show you how they got the big craft at the end coming out of the water? cuz it was huuuuuge!!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The building was real, an abandoned nuclear reactor...(it was never used) but it was an expensive picture, $43million at the lowest estimate.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
One of my top ten as well. The fact that a remastered bluray containing both the theatrical and directors cut is criminal. I have the Special Edition DVD which is non-anamorphic and looks like crap on my flat screen.

The 45 minute making of documentary is almost as good as the movie. They filmed a majority of the underwater scenes in what was at the time the largest manmade pool. It was a never finished cooling tower of a nuclear plant. They also came up with the first intercom system built into the diving helmets. Pretty interesting breakthroughs in filming.

Say what you will about Cameron, he has always been on the cutting edge of filming technology and techniques.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I couldn't find the video I watched, unfortunately. I did find this; though. You might find if interesting. Abyss movie trivia
Ed Harris (who plays Virgil "Bud" Brigman) almost drowned making the movie.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I couldn't find the video I watched, unfortunately. I did find this; though. You might find if interesting. Abyss movie trivia
Ed Harris (who plays Virgil "Bud" Brigman) almost drowned making the movie.

oooh thankies...i think there is an out takes video too

top topics

<<   2 >>

join