It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elysium Space Gets Into the Moon Burial Business

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Burials on the Moon? Say it ain't so, ATS! This just sounds like a bowl full of crazy. 2 companies have started campaigns to bury people on the Moon; Elusium Space based in San Francisco and Celestis based in Houston.

The moon burial business is no longer a monopoly.

San Francisco-based Elysium Space announced Wednesday (Aug. 12) that it has signed a contract with Pittsburgh-based Astrobotic Technology to deliver people's ashes to the surface of the moon aboard Astrobotic's Griffin lander.

Another space burial company, Houston-based Celestis, also plans to fly cremated remains to the moon using Griffin (and using the lunar lander being developed by another company, Moon Express, as well). Celestis' moon burial options start at $12,500, while Elysium Space's "Lunar Memorial" service costs $11,950 (though the first 50 participants will receive a special rate of $9,950). [Watch a small rocket launch human ashes into space (Video)]

Would you bury your remains on the Moon? Not sure if I would. What says ATS?

www.space.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Would you bury your remains on the Moon?

Nope.

However, if they could somehow figure out how to get ashes up into low orbit and have them come in as planned night-sky meteors viewable by the consumer, then I think they'd have a market.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Ever since I can remember I always wanted my ashes to be sent into space.
Not sure I'd want to be on the moon though, much rather be sent drifting away from our solar system.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
How would we know they actually did it? Just take their word for it?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Sure, if I had the money it would be quite fun. What a novel idea. It could be used to fund missions, too.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink

Ever since I can remember I always wanted my ashes to be sent into space.
Not sure I'd want to be on the moon though, much rather be sent drifting away from our solar system.

Same.
But not as ashes. Spread-eagled and naked, with a terrifying smile.
As a warning to potential alien invaders.

Moon burial sounds definitely like a super-small niche market; not many people want to fuff about with stuff like this after the death of a loved one, I would imagine.

top topics

join