It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrogance of Humans

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

You are mistaken. My friend is not a snake-charmer in any sense of the word. She is, however, deeply attuned to the danger, cruelty and violence of nature.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Regardless of what terminology you prefer, it seems that you can learn a lot from your friend.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Superior or not, THIS is how humans should be living in the world:

Not THIS:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
**ATTENTION**

ATS staff are asking that you refrain of discussing the animal rape and keep the topics within the T&C.

Further posts regarding that sort of thing will be met with removals.

Do not reply to this post

~Tenth
ATS Super Mod

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

That goes without saying since other species do not exhibit the same lack of respect, but you are still proving my point, the fact you do not think other species have that capability. The premise of the OP was to point out we have no idea what animals think of us because we do not even bother to think they can.

They do what they have to, to survive, and they put up with human behavior without being judgmental, humans on the other hand do not care about each other and definitely do not care how their actions impact the environment or the survival of animals.

I know I have lumped all HUMANS together, but I realize there are many like me that feel the same way.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Some rather brilliant minds besides me would seem to echo my sentiments.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The amount of serenity among animals is noticeable, inspiring, an cute an all however, it just doesn't last.

It a lot like Tigers, if it belly full, the creature probably one of the most harmless predators in the animal kingdom, but the moment it stomach starts growling, it literally can be compared to Satan, with a large hunger for souls, that likes to stab its prey in the back without having to put much effort.

edit on 16-8-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: hydeman11

The sheer stupidity of humans is a bacteria gone rampant, so I suppose you are correct in that assessment.

Why don't you just come out and say it, the sheer stupidity of the thought process that created it all, is the problem.

Or maybe it is far more complex than that, and most things are NOT created by the same process.

And I HAVE spoken and communicated with many animals, they do have thoughts indeed, sometimes just like ours.

Yikes you need to experience some REALITY.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Whose reality? Yours? No thanks I will stick to my version since you clearly lack the resources to be original in any of your reality.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Well, suffice to say...animals aren't nice. And the more intelligent they get, the meaner they become.
edit on 16-8-2015 by StalkerSolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I will never apologise for being born human, nor will I accept responsibility for the negative behaviours of other fellow humans. I can only be responsible for my own actions and will not be coerced into feeling bad due to guilt by association.

If you think humans are arrogant in regard to their place/importance in the universe, you are entitled your views but please don't try speaking on behalf of 7 billion others.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie

Not THIS:

Says who? Who determines how any creature SHOULD be living. It's about survival. Humans primary survival traits are their problem solving skills (intellect) and their ability to manipulate things with their hands. It could one day save us all. It may already have done exactly that when we survived the last glacial period, while a bunch of a other hominid species did not.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie

Not THIS:

With high infant mortality and death and chronic injury from easily treatable diseases? Cool!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

That you thought I was speaking on behalf of all humans is humorous, I was giving my perspective and you are just another example of what being arrogant is, look up the definition.

You are correct that you can only be responsible for your own actions but sadly many idiot humans are followers and many are leaders, examples of ridiculous behavior are often mimicked by younger generations, it is called environmental and cultural behavior.

All you have to do is look at the news to see how arrogant humans are everyday. No. I do not have to speak for the part of the human population conducted by morons, they do that just fine all by themselves.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I see quite an abundance of humble humans as well. The thing is, with humble folks, they aren't actively going out of their way to start arguments over the validity of their faith or tell people how they should live their lives. They are generally quiet, respectful and treat other people above themselves. When looking at your average citizens, this applies large scale from what I have observed at least. When looking at government leaders and corporate CEOs, it goes out the window and they are the primary people that are destroying the environment at our expense. The average citizen, who is humble isn't speaking out and making a lot of noise, so it's easy to think most people are arrogant because they are the ones always in your face making themselves known. Just some food for thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join