It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrogance of Humans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

The only gang raping going on is by you and your cronies, you have managed to gang rape me with your complete and utter nonsense. If you want to have a thread on GANG RAPE go write your own OP and I promise you I will not be there. You are a repulsive non-human entity.

edit on 16-8-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

Full Definition of ARROGANCE

: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions

edit on 16-8-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker So you are saying that superiority equates with "rising up and taking over". Wow! that is a classic human thought. And if it goes unchallenged it will destroy the planet and ALL living things. I would like to suggest that superiority is the ability to choose balance over dominance.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

The point is, you need to take your rose covered glasses off. The natural world is not some super spiritual hippy commune. It's a brutal, vicious, and competitive world, where the few good things are when some creatures manage to see past individual competitiveness to instead join with another creature for mutual benefit to out compete other animals.

For example the friendship of ravens and wolves.

I love the natural world, is an amazing thing to see how nature evolves and creatures learn to cope and live in a harsh brutal reality.

The difference between us, is I see nature for what it is, and see in humanity that we're not different from everything else in nature at all. We just have different talents and abilities, then again, cheetahs are better sprinters than we are.

I'm not arrogant at all, because I see us as all the same, struggling in the same cold bleak reality, together.

I don't pretend there's some higher purpose or spirituality in animals, or ourselves. We're both the same.

Also raping is being pointed out because animals DO THIS, because animals ARE NOT the saints you're trying to paint them out to be.

Can you adress the harsh reality that is the ACTUAL behavior of the animals you put on a pedestal?
edit on 8/16/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Full Definition of ARROGANCE

: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions

Yep. I would say this fits you to a T.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

So what you are saying is that humans are not arrogant?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
all life is precious animals and plants alike! There are no two things exactly the same in existence. Every lief or animal is its own fingerprint of the universe, just like our fingers, ears or eyes...

Why is it so hard to be humble and supportive instead of arrogant and destructive? It is easier...the good path is always the hardest to get used to if you have a bad start (childhood, mainstream ...)! Even though it is our natural state to be and do good, but we are so far away from that basic principle that we cannot see most basic things which are wrong with our/modern way of living, thinking, doing things in order to fix our misguided ways...

No one is interested in introspective inquiry within and try to find out, on your own what is what and think with your own head and try to get your own opinion about what we really are, what is life and nature and the delicate balance which is present starting from small things like the atoms, elements then extending also to animals, nature and balance in the biggest scale which is our solar system, galaxies and the whole visible universe.

This whole place is amazing, filled with so much beauty and secrets but we act like we know it all and have it all figure it out!?

That my dear unifinity, was beautifully stated!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

No more than anything else that's capable of such feelings or thoughts. There are quite a few animals I think have the capability.

Sure many humans are arrogant. I think that everytime we believe we're so superior.

But believing animals are superior is no better. Is simply an apoligists version of arrogance.

The truth is, we both, humans and animals, just are, and that's because there's a secret you're forgetting and so do so many others.

Humans ARE animals. As such we share in different amounts a lot of the same merits and flaws as we are all woven from the same cloth.
edit on 8/16/2015 by Puppylove because: Grammar and Spelling

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

Snake charmers don't rely on charm. They typically defang their snakes although it's also been common for them to stitch their mouths closed or remove the venom glands. You can use your imagination about how they do that.

There's no mutual respect involved beyond the snake's material use as a source of income. The builder respects his hammer as a tool, but will replace it without a second thought; snakes are instruments with which to make a living.

With regards to living in harmony with nature? I breathe a sigh of relief that I'm a human every time I watch a nature documentary. Whether it's the visceral sight of a calf being dragged away from its powerless mother or schools of fish being eaten by sharks, dolphins and gannets, harmony seems a painful, unequal existence.

Ironically, I recently watched a short documentary about a young Afghani woman called Farkhunda. Circumstances and behaviours like that remove the 'relief' I feel to be human and replace it with something I can't quite define.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Astyanax is certainly arrogant although he wears it lightly.

Dolphins are no better than humans if we look at how they interact with other groups and species. Members are making accurate points when they refuse to romanticise the lives of dolphins. My friend's brother was 'molested' by an aroused dolphin last year and had to get back on the boat before the courtly cetacean could find its bullseye. There's footage of dolphins playing hit and run with porpoises too. They ram them in the sides which winds them and causes drowning. The footage showed dolphins knocking the porpoises out of the water in what appeared to be a sport.

On the other hand, we've got anecdotal evidence that seals and dolphins have saved human individuals from drowning. The motivations behind that are intriguing aren't they?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

We think we are superior, when in fact

maybe they are. They don't blow up

each other or shoot each other or steal

or screw around on their spouses or

pretend to think they have all the

answers or follow silly religions..

Nothing romantic about this OP.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

The fact that many of these replies have essentially ignored what was written and have chosen to take the Dolphin and twist it all into some debate on animal behavior only proves my point conclusively, HUMANS ARE THE MOST ARROGANT SPECIES ON THIS PLANET!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Yes there is, the pedestal you pull all nonhuman animals on. Is a completely romanticized version of nature.

We're all animals together, it really is that simple. No superiority. Just animals, both same and different. That's it.

Anything beyond that is pure romanticism.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

HUMANS ARE THE MOST ARROGANT SPECIES ON THIS PLANET

Maybe. I'm not sure if 'arrogance' can even be applied to other species. We might be the 'most arrogant' because we are the only ones capable of describing and identifying the quality.

Has it crossed your mind that judging humanity is rather...

...do I have to spell it out?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Animals- even the ones you feel lack intelligence altogether- feel happy when things are going well, get depressed or even neurotic when things aren't going so well, they feel appreciation when they are treated with kindness and have things categorized in their memories as harmful

Some of the animals I think of as entirely lacking in intelligence are comb jellies, sponges, starfish, slime moulds, earthworms and bacteria.

I beg leave to disbelieve in depressed starfish or neurotic slime moulds.

The 25 acres has remained completely unchanged in that 36 years.

This saddens me.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

You're right, I'm sure there's venom gland and even fang removal, and snake charming is largely performed for income purposes. But there are also snake charmers that don't mutilate their 'pets' and instead rely on knowledge of their behavior and even connect to them on a spiritual level. I saw a documentary segment where one old guy had been bitten and almost died, but he held no ill will and not only continued with his calling of being a snake charmer, but even went so far as to let them sleep in bed with him.

I'm pro-nature, but I draw the line at snakes in the bed!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Absolutely not - defanged, stitched up or otherwise.

No snakes in bed!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
originally posted by: Astyanax

Some of the animals I think of as entirely lacking in intelligence are comb jellies, sponges, starfish, slime moulds, earthworms and bacteria.
I beg leave to disbelieve in depressed starfish or neurotic slime moulds.

I was referring to 'higher' lifeforms such as horses, dogs, elephants, etc. But hey, I'm not going to completely discount 'lower' lifeforms. I don't know what it's like to be them....and neither do you. There's a really rad documentary called 'The Secret Life of Plants'. Researchers are finding evidence that come 'communities' of plants are connected via fungus and some evidence points to communication and redistribution of resources. So perhaps even plants aren't as dumb as people believe.

The 25 acres has remained completely unchanged in that 36 years.

This saddens me.

Why would this sadden you? We took just as much as we needed and left the rest alone. With the exception of 2 houses and a garden everything else is as wild as it ever was. Recently I had to cut down a live oak tree because it was growing into my driveway. It broke my heart, and I apologized to the tree, but it had to be done. I need the driveway to get to my house. Otherwise I harvest dead trees for my firewood, which is not only NOT harmful, it's actually helpful in clearing space for the other living things in the immediate vicinity.
edit on 16-8-2015 by ladyvalkyrie because: format

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

My friend is not a snake-charmer. Her relationship with snakes is an aspect of what you might call her spirituality.

I couldn't swear to it that the cobra isn't de-venomed because I've never looked into its mouth, but if the brute wasn't fully armed it would make a mockery of her commitment to the path she has chosen through samsara.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Your bitterness and anger, oozes from the way you post your and the lack of will on your part to actually string some tangible arguments without putting your self or the word I on the pedestal.

This all Im seeing from you, "Humans are Arrogant", with little structure other then a few short words.

Yea humans are arrogant, even the most arrogant ones will agree to a T. But if you think Im the human embodiment of pride incarnate, then you are sadly mistaken and fooled by your vanity of spirit and pretentious wisdom of understanding.

All you want, is someone just to agree with whatever you say and conform to your believes and perceptions.
edit on 16-8-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Which is precisely the kind of snake 'charmer' I speak of. One who respects nature and works WITH it not AGAINST it.

If humans could achieve a more symbiotic relationship with the rest of the planet....if humans could collectively achieve a spirituality and a reverence for all living things...if humans could have more respect for each other and everything else in the world- rocks, water, plants, bacteria included....if humans could realize that we're animals TOO- no better, no worse....if humans were more cognizant of their actions and their long term impact....
then maybe humans would be superior.

If.

* BTW that star on your post was from me. If that is truly someone you know, then mad props to her! Well... I guess even if it's not someone you actually know then I still give mad props to her. I have a healthy respect for snakes- I stay the hell away from them! Lol!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join