It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrogance of Humans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

That is my point exactly, we as humans think that because we have opposable thumbs that makes us superior. Just look at the manners most humans exhibit, you never see animals behave that way. Evidence is all around us. Animals are not the ones destroying this planet, either. The category animals extends to us, I realize that, but leave it to some knucklehead to point out that obvious fact.

Of all the animal species on this planet, humans are the less evolved spiritually speaking.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Nice try, the are spiritual beings and are most certainly more evolved based on the backwards thinking that most humans exhibit.

You know this how? What evidence do we have for 'spiritual beings', and from a scientific standpoint what does that mean exactly?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Oh so my format is of concern to you, that is just proving the point, you clearly are not more evolved than ants are, they told me they loved my pseudo poetry and said you are a jealous twit. Of course, I just pointed out to the ants, they were mis-informed, you are just an ill-advised rendition of a certain type of species that has no manners.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

And you have evidence to the contrary? Carry on in your quest to spiritual evolution. I wish you all the best, maybe someday you will reach the pinnacle of understanding the way the highly evolved Dolphin has.

Oh and thanks for proving my point about arrogance of humans!

edit on 13-8-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

And you have evidence to the contrary? Carry on in your quest to spiritual evolution. I wish you all the best, maybe someday you will reach the pinnacle of understanding the way the highly evolved Dolphin has.

The burden of proof is on the person making the claim in the affirmative. Extraordinary claims, like the existence of Spiritual Beings, require extraordinary evidence.

I do not say Spiritual Beings do not exist, I just do not believe them to exist as there has never been any good evidence presented for them. They belong in the same category as elves, fairies and leprechauns.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Human beings scare me.
They take the Good Earth and create all manner of horrible things from it.
They are given life, and they use it to kill other life.
They say one thing and do the other.
I don't understand this.
I never have.
I never will.

(post by TheConstruKctionofLight removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

more evolved based on the backwards thinking that most humans exhibit.

Explain how 1) animals are spiritual and 2) said spirituality has anything to do with "evolving" whatever that may mean

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Of all the animal species on this planet, humans are the less evolved spiritually speaking.

Show me an ape praying or show me a shark meditating then you can talk. You know nothing of spirituality.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

And yet here you are conversing with your hated fellow humans. Did the ants perhaps tell you they needed time alone?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

To say we are not superior is equally as arrogant. You've never talked to an ant, right?

We dominate the planet. Although I can't tell if we domesticated wheat or if wheat domesticated us.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Show me an ape praying or show me a shark meditating then you can talk. You know nothing of spirituality.

Just wanted to point out this might be the greatest thing I've ever read on ATS.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
Show me an ape praying

Asketh and ye shall receiveth..

edit on 14/8/2015 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: fixed some stuff

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
Until I see one of these other animals rise up and take over the planet themselves then I'm gonna say humans are still superior.

Superior? Hardly. We can't do anything at all without something else's assistance. We need to make clothing in order to survive the weather, we need to cook our food because our stomachs can't handle virtually anything, our body temperature can't fluctuate even a few degree's before we die, we can't last a few days without food or water, our children are born completely defenseless and absolutely require the assistance of others for years apon years else they die.

Superior my ass.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Wow the measure and sentiment is truly astounding. Hey I get it you don't like the way we've handled earth,or earthly affairs. you see animals as more harmonious, and perhaps to some degree they are. Listen your hearts in the right place but the conclusions you are drawing are absurd and would be better shown in an artistic metaphorical manner.

No animals are not superior in any of the ways that we measure superiority,and that's silly to suggest such a thing. Interestingly upon realizing that we are the superior dominating species on the planet you should also then realize we have a responsibility to maintain our animal and insect kingdoms to keep harmony amongst the world.

You would also the be quiet correct to say we have been failing in our duty. That change is needed, do you know that the good thing about progress is that it is an unshakable,unwavering, inevitability.

Things on the surface may appear to be bad or getting worse, but in fact it is just the opposite.think back sixty years ago when whole groups of people were silenced and had no rights and no way to express those rights. Think back before we had the free flow of information and ideas cross country and world wide. The good old days? Or were they?

No my friend it was worse then. It just appears worse now because people have a voice and those voices are being herd, and the power structures grip upon society is slowly being degraded. The future is a bright one not a dark one and today can be to,if you let it. Your hearts in right place brother, don't worry it will all work out and harmony will eventually be reached.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Just wanted to point out this might be the greatest thing I've ever read on ATS.

Thanks, I think I've been infected with your sardonic succinct word structure. I feel like I'm running out of time and I have to cut a line of swathe on the savanna through some of these threads before I get beamed up.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
It always amazes me when this topic comes up just how sure we are about everything. On topic...we believe that what we do is superior because we do advanced things that no animal could do. But we don't seem to question if these things are in our benefit. I could easily envision a society like ours, reliant upon money, work, etc. being a stepping stone toward becoming a more "advanced" society that lives off the land and bartering. We seem to believe that more of what we have is somehow advancement when it may be our doom.

I was chatting with someone who basically said "we should show the middle-east how to live". They were never over there, they didn't understand their way of life, what is available to them, what their beliefs are or anything else. But he knew what was best for them. It was laughable. Much like the way we look at other animals and say "look how dumb they are" which could be easily followed up with "...not working for money that is basically worthless but needed to drive cars that pollute our environment and poison our offspring which I will need a quarter million just to send to school to learn stuff from other idiots that they couldn't possibly learn on their own but need to in order to be in debt, be a slave to paper money and work just to survive".

Sure...we are superior. If there were a biblical God...I doubt they would agree. There was an old joke...I forget how it actually went but it was something about aliens observing us wondering why these dominate cats and dogs kept us as slaves to feed and comfort them.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

The only reason you feel this way is because of your arrogance, you have been taught a human construct, your head has been filled and brainwashed by the society you live in, the funny thing is everyone that disagrees with my OP is only proving the point I am making, it doesn't matter to me what you think.

Arrogance is refusing to admit when you are wrong. Read the OP one more time. Pay attention to how it was worded. Until humans can actually communicate with animals in their language we have no business assuming we are superior to them.

If we are superior, I would rather be a Dolphin.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join