It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was The Asian Earthquake/Tsunami God's judgement?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This is just a thought. Maybe God put these events into effect because he wanted to judge those parts of the world for whatever wrong they were doing. That might explain why all the animals lived because he wanted to teach the humans a lesson. Any thoughts on this.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Pure conjecture. One can either believe it and make it so, or one can disbelieve it and be one's own God.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
There's a whole bunch of these threads already here...below are the few I could find right off hand! Everything possible is discussed in these threads...and no...it's not a punishment...for Pete's sake! Half the dead are children...what would they of done to need a punishment of death? Not to mention what would that say about the Christian god!?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Depends on what God you are refering to. As a catholic I say that no wouldn't happen with the catholic God.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Man, gets so old to see threads of everything whatsoever bad that happened is gods judgement. My car blew a master cylinder seal - yep, gods judgement hard at work.

Natural occurances such as these and all the others have been around long before any man was (be it biblical, 6 days = 6thousand years according to "god") on earth, so are those judgements too? As they damn sure wiped out everything around it (volcanoes, earthquakes, yadda yadda)

Um, I reeeally don't think the animals that were in the Tsunami's rake were miraculously spared and only humans died.

Take another shot at it.

Jeez

Misfit

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I agree with Lady V on this. I'm sick of seeing re-posts of old treads. The whole forum is losing validity talking about the same old same old. Not covering much new ground.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyWater33
This is just a thought. Maybe God put these events into effect because he wanted to judge those parts of the world for whatever wrong they were doing. That might explain why all the animals lived because he wanted to teach the humans a lesson. Any thoughts on this.

i agree with you to a certain extent...i believe the events were caused by a greater force...the elements...gaia...the balance has been broken, Its like a dude with a heavy load on his shoulders and its gets to much so he has to stop and shift the weight around so he can be comfortable again to keep on carrying on.

basically nature is shifting the weight of humanity and it live load with a mind of its own one thats getting away from nature.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The reason why the animals were spared is simple. if humans hadn't travelled so far from nature and all that is natural. If humans used the instinct in their genes and if humans were not taught to supress, and yes the supression is caused by ..yup religion.. then we too would have been spared.

Because we would have been listening too.

How many people have noticed the animal activity since the quake. Birds are pretty quiet and even quieter today. Cats are psycho mine have been lining up along the roof looking down at us and birds are hitting windows on an apparent suicide lost bearings regime.

I have seen many people off balance this week but no-one understands why anymore because we are not looking inside ourselves for the answers......

We are worshipping false idols

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar
Depends on what God you are refering to. As a catholic I say that no wouldn't happen with the catholic God.

cuz ya, your god is really all about peace and love. Not killing first born children, smiting pagan cults, and wiping out thousands with floods and storms.

nah, its just one of many NATURAL disasters

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ok, so I guess this is actually a question some people ask. I want to post a link to a thread in below top secret. In it I wrote a little insensitive peice of work, that should give you an idea of what it sounds like to say God did this. If this is not allowed, just delete it (mods).

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
When man believes he has risen above nature
He will be destroyed for the fool he is.

This is what you are witnessing. Not God's judgement, but our own. There are forces beyond your understanding at work.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Indigo Child, its good to see someone shares the same veiws as me on this matter, there are greater forces at play here, care to elaborate on what you believe these forces to be...so that may get a better understanding?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Yes, another thread on "lets blame god on natural disasters" for the evils of man in this earth.

When people will understand that god has nothing to do with the forces of nature in our earth.

[edit on 30-12-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Courtesy of Reuters, posted today:
Faiths Ask of Quake: 'Why Did You Do This, God?'

LONDON (Reuters) - It is one of the oldest, most profound questions, posed by some of the most learned minds of every faith throughout the course of human history.

--snip--

"I personally don't attach any theological significance to this -- I listen to what the scientists say," he said. "God is always the fall guy. We incriminate Him completely unjustly."

It is a question and assertion that is admittedly easy to ask. Through desperation, through terrible tragedy, through dispair, the question will always be asked...
What I do feel personally is that this act, along with other like natural occurances where not brought on by God or any type god.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
It is a question and assertion that is admittedly easy to ask. Through desperation, through terrible tragedy, through dispair, the question will always be asked...
What I do feel personally is that this act, along with other like natural occurances where not brought on by God or any type god.
seekerof

Desperation and lack on education on how the forces of nature work on our earth and it does it indiscriminately.

I agree with you that is not the occurrences of any god.

But it saddens me that religious leaders will encourage that type of mentality on their subjects, better to keep them ignorant than educate them to understand this things in a scientific way.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eye Of Ra
Indigo Child, its good to see someone shares the same veiws as me on this matter, there are greater forces at play here, care to elaborate on what you believe these forces to be...so that may get a better understanding?

When we create an intention and then manifest it, unknown forces beyond our comprehension are set into motion and affect our reality through seemingly unconnected events. The world is the same, it creates intention, then manifests it, and unknown forces are set into motion and affect our global reality through seemingly unconnected events. The truth be told, everything is connected and interelated and in perfect order.

It is not God who does this to us; it's us. And what has happened is only a tip of an ice berg. A lot more is to come.

[edit on 31-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This was a natural occurrence that was predicted by a scientist to happen. When the moon is closest to the Earth, The gravitational pull of it puts pressure on the faults. It causes an earthquake when it builds up enough pressure. Where the earthquake occurs is in direct correlation to whether we get a tsunami or not. The shift in the fault line will lesson the pressure on the fault in that area, but the pressure does not go away, it just moves to another point in the fault line. Once it builds up again, you get another earthquake in a different location on the earth, along the fault.

There was something on this last night on coast to coast. They had the scientist (or whoever he was) on and he explained what had occurred. He also said that one of the major signs that something big was going to happen would be that the animals would start to disappear or have unusual behavior. And people would/could be sensitive to a major catastrophe.

This was a natural occurrence, that happens over and over again. From what I understand though, if we would have listened to the guy who predicted it, we may have been able to save some lives, which puts the ball back into societies court. And we did not run with it even though the scientist had hard evidence that it was going to occur. We suck.

B56

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I want to remind you all of something:

In 1970's the Indonesian Government murdered in cold blood 250,000 East Timoreans. In 2004 nature killed near 100,000(400,000 possibly) Indonesians.

Can you see how nature works and how we affect it.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If it was Gods judgement then he hit the wrong place and the wrong people.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Courtesy of Reuters, posted today:
Faiths Ask of Quake: 'Why Did You Do This, God?'

LONDON (Reuters) - It is one of the oldest, most profound questions, posed by some of the most learned minds of every faith throughout the course of human history.

--snip--

"I personally don't attach any theological significance to this -- I listen to what the scientists say," he said. "God is always the fall guy. We incriminate Him completely unjustly."

seekerof

nice article

I found another one worth to read:

MSNBC News

Martin E. Marty:
"It's only natural to repose yourself in the will of God," he says. "If you're a believer, then you must believe that God, somehow, is a presence in all of this. But God didn't tell anybody that you go through life without disasters."

with New Year greatings,
jazz

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join