It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vivid dream I had years ago, thought I'd share

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Ok so this was quite a while ago, I was probably eleven years old. It stood out to me so much that I even remember and can clearly picture it years later.

I was in my 30's I think, sitting outside when the ground started to violently shake, the sky got a bit dark, then it panned out to the whole of the earth itself. It proceeded to split into three roughly equal pieces which were pushed in three separate directions. The atmosphere and oceans formed around these three pieces and they became independent planetoids as they drifted through space. Contact was maintained between them for a time, long enough to calculate where exactly they were all headed. One was generally drifting inward toward Venus, another was going to be intercepted by Mars and the third, which I was on, passed the asteroid belt after traveling alongside the second (before it stopped near Mars) and was on a course for Jupiter. It took quite a few years, as time went by stability in society started to return, the last transmission my piece received from the other two is that they were focusing on settling the two planets.

After living in 1/3 of our usual gravity for the twenty or so years it took to drift toward Jupiter, people were being born taller and taller. When we got there, we discovered a small civilization beneath the clouds. The high gravity of the gas giant was an artificial field created by these people. We ended up fighting a bloody war with them and just after the war was won, I woke up. There are further details(either not important or relevant only to me personally) I am leaving out for the sake of simplicity and cohesion. The other noticeable thing about this dream is that it truly felt as though it lasted, day in and day out, for those twenty or so years, to the point that I was disoriented and confused when I woke up as an 11 year old kid.

Anyway that was basically it, just thought I'd share, see if anyone has had a dream similar to it.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

After living in 1/3 of our usual gravity for the twenty or so years it took to drift toward Jupiter, people were being born taller and taller.
a reply to: Jekka

Holy crap!! I will be awfully surprised if many people had dreams that, in one episode, encompassed 20+ years of time passage. How incredible! You could have been experiencing a component of yourself in a different dimension, time or place. I would guess that you have lucid dreams, no? Luck Duck......

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

I do have lucid dreams yes but usually they present themselves in concept form (similar to, for lack of a better explanation, when Cypher was describing how he sees the Matrix code on screen), not so much true visual which made this stand out that much more.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jekka

I do have lucid dreams yes but usually they present themselves in concept form (similar to, for lack of a better explanation, when Cypher was describing how he sees the Matrix code on screen), not so much true visual which made this stand out that much more.

Wow. From what I understand, you are able to change how you view things while lucid dreaming by stating your intention that you wish to view your lucid dreams in a visual, not conceptual manner. State this aloud while you dream. I hope you try, if you haven't already. I've had numerous dreams but the first thing I do, upon realization, is to fly off like a rocket..
What a dumbard I am.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I have tried that. Sadly my dreams, though lucid are not something I can control, they happen, I just realize that they are and am as much a spectator as the other subjects in them.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Did you find a box with a Ressikan flute in it when you woke up?

Just kidding around. Your dream reminded me of an excellent Star Trek: The Next generation episode where Picard "lived" 40 years in a 25 minute "dream".

en.wikipedia.org...(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)

I really somewhat envy people who can have lucid dreams. I've only had one dream in my life where I knew I was dreaming - and let me tell you, flying around like Superman was frikken awesome! Conversely, I had another extremely realistic dream once where I got into a fight and accidentally killed this guy in an old farmhouse. Long story short - in my dream I went to bed at the end of it and fell asleep. The very same bed I woke up in in real life! Took a long while to fully accept that it really was only a dream and I didn't kill anyone.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tallcool1

I understand that. I have had quite a few dreams wherein I have to take some time after waking up to sort it out as a dream due to the realism involved. Also, I saw that episode of Star Trek when I was about 16 or so and it is one of my favorites next to the one where he meets the species that speaks entirely in metaphors.

new topics

top topics

join