It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tells Rand Paul to 'Just Go Quietly Home'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Trump is the guy that is dismantling the existing corruption.

Oh dear Lord.....

oO So we are gonna have the fox guard the henhouse?

Previously, Trump filed for corporate bankruptcy in 1991, 1992, 2004, and 2009.

As Trump stated in the interview, these Chapter 11 corporate bankruptcies were used to negotiate debt deals. After the deals were done, all of his companies went on to survive (and in some cases thrive).

www.ibtimes.com...

Donald Trump: Honest as the day is long!

We know how long this process is. Trump can't hold his tongue that long.

But, a billionaire who doesn't care is calling out everyone's dirty deeds.

Well, we should hurry to get him down off that cross, before he gets a splinter!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Okay here we have a man who can file bankrupt multiple times, come out on top and we are.....Complaining?

Our government can't make it work with no money now....Trump can fix that, guaranteed!

ETA: If the man knows anything it is money and how to manipulate that money to make more.....Yep come on in and help, our people now absolutely suck and shut down the government over it...
edit on 8/13/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

Or we could just have Scott Walker call up the Koch brothers....One of the two

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

ETA: Probably had nothing to do with his leading staffers quitting on the man...Right??

www.usnews.com...

Nope just like Donald in every way....oh boy

I didn't say Gingrich was "just like Donald in every way." Talk about a straw man.

Somebody said "flash in the pan" candidates never had numbers like Trump. I cited Newt as just one example of many candidates who had big numbers early on only to completely disappear.

I just don't see a guy who said he wants to cure AIDS so he doesn't have to wear rubbers anymore winning the GOP nomination. I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: whyamIhere

To be honest, the notion scares the living hell out of me.

Last 2 elections Obama was elected as The People ignored his lack of background, his lack of experience, and instead just went for blind change.

This election...seems the same is happening on the other side of the aisle. Trump has experience bankrupting companies. That is what he has done extraordinarily well: bankrupted companies while extracting value from them. He doens't have experience successfully leading an enterprise. And if we translate his experience into the Oval Office, what he would be expected to bring is boom/bust cycles that the fiat debt system is designed to stave off.

If the republican base puts Trump up as their candidate, they will have completely lost any hope of having my support.

Aw c'mon Tex,

That is a monumental exaggeration of what Trump has done. I do not feel he has what it takes to be POTUS however I don't think anyone running really does either.

Trump's 4 bankruptcies are not personal but business.

In addition, there are many different types of corporate bankruptcy but for now there are two that are relevant:

1. Chapter 7 bankruptcy: Allows an individual to be freed of most debt in exchange for a bad line of credit for 10 years.

2. Chapter 11 bankruptcy: Allows a corporation to stay in business while it restructures its business and attempts to reduce its debt.

Trump's companies that did file bankruptcies filed for a restructuring of their debt so that the company did not go out of business and jobs related to them did not all go away.

Yet missing from Trump’s retelling is that all four bankruptcies were high-profile embarrassments for his name-brand American empire. Amid some of the proceedings, the mogul poured in millions of dollars from his personal fortune to keep the restructurings alive.

To secure better deals or more time to pay off debts, Trump forfeited lucrative ownership stakes and allowed bankers, lawyers and bondholders to feast on his empire. In one deal involving hundreds of millions of dollars in debts he had personally guaranteed, he agreed to sell his airline and mega-yacht, and he allowed bankers to stipulate how much he could spend every month.

Trump has said his business acumen could help right a country “that’s essentially bankrupt,” and he has pointed to successful business leaders with histories in corporate-bankruptcy court, such as Carl Icahn and Leon Black, to back his point that the filings are a cost of doing business.

“We’ll have the company. We’ll throw it into a chapter. We’ll negotiate with the banks. We’ll make a fantastic deal,” Trump told ABC in 2011. “You know, it’s like on ‘The Apprentice.’ It’s not personal. It’s just business.”

Don't like the guy, fine however,r don't pass bad information for the sake of influencing gullible people.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Well that example was bad....Sorry if it came off as me being stupid....Didn't mean for that to happen

You can't just throw out a name and expect someone not to compare as you did....But oh well, I won't touch it because I apparently made my point

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

These flash in the pan guys from the past. NEVER had the kind of numbers Trump has.

Not true.

In January of 2012 Newt Gingrich led Romney by 47% to 24% among self identified Republicans and by 40 to 26 percent among likely primary voters according to some polling.

Trump is only at around 20 percent or so now.

It's only a matter of time before he runs his trap and says something that kills his campaign.

Ok, there are probably a few examples I didn't remember. Sorry I missed Newt. The ultimate insider.

Let me clarify....Trumps numbers have rarely been seen in the past 50 years.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I just don't see a guy who said he wants to cure AIDS so he doesn't have to wear rubbers anymore winning the GOP nomination.

HUH?

Who said that?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I just don't see a guy who said he wants to cure AIDS so he doesn't have to wear rubbers anymore winning the GOP nomination.

HUH?

Who said that?

DelMarvel.....

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

"I just don't see a guy who said he wants to cure AIDS so he doesn't have to wear rubbers anymore winning the GOP nomination. "

HUH?

Who said that?

Trump said that on the Howard Stern show.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Bush/Clinton Cabal.

If you believe in fixed elections, I don't believe that is a possibility....If you think elections are honest, I hope that is the truth because if I was forced to pick one it is Hillary without a doubt and I even hate saying that out loud...I despise the Bush family that much! I would vote a 10 year old in before another Bush

Hillary?

Hillary?

You teasing me?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I was shocked yesterday when the Donald said his favorite book was the Bible.

I am having a real hard time believing that one.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Bush/Clinton Cabal.

If you believe in fixed elections, I don't believe that is a possibility....If you think elections are honest, I hope that is the truth because if I was forced to pick one it is Hillary without a doubt and I even hate saying that out loud...I despise the Bush family that much! I would vote a 10 year old in before another Bush

Hillary?

Hillary?

You teasing me?

No god....Please don't put those words in my mouth....

IF I WAS FORCED TO CHOOSE BETWEEN BUSH AND HILLARY......That is the only way but that was more of my hatred for the Bush family than supporting Hillary...

link   

originally posted by: rupertg

I was shocked yesterday when the Donald said his favorite book was the Bible.

I am having a real hard time believing that one.

Thanks for the laugh late in the afternoon.....

link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

"I just don't see a guy who said he wants to cure AIDS so he doesn't have to wear rubbers anymore winning the GOP nomination. "

HUH?

Who said that?

Trump said that on the Howard Stern show.

lol, musta found that in the Bible, we live in a very strange world, I would like to find someone I can respect.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Oh dear Lord.....

As Trump stated in the interview, these Chapter 11 corporate bankruptcies were used to negotiate debt deals. After the deals were done, all of his companies went on to survive (and in some cases thrive).

www.ibtimes.com...

Well, we should hurry to get him down off that cross, before he gets a splinter!

I didnt pick Trump to express my displeasure with the bastards running this Country.

I got nobody else. All I see is Cowards. All I see is people trying to line their pockets.

I got friggin nobody. Cause, I'm pissed off. I want everyone of them gone...NOW.

All I got is one vote....No Candidate expresses how pissed off I am at these Criminals.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
And look, the deal with Trump is he's running right now against a large field that is splitting the vote and is full of candidates who don't want to take him on for fear of alienating the lunatic fringe of their base.

He's got no experience in public service, he's never won an election even to be a dogcatcher, he's got no policy, he has terrible credentials as a conservative---you might as well be backing Kim Kardashian.

Maybe she'd be a good VP for Trump except he's on record saying her butt is too big.

If by some miracle he were to be nominated and had to run in the general election against cutthroat SOBs like the Clintons he would get his a** handed to him. He's actually in way over his head already.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Yeah just in case we haven't been clear in the last 8 pages of replies.....

Uck me.....Right?

Amen brother!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

That's a tough call, I am positive without a shadow of a doubt I would never vote for Hillary.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Oh dear Lord.....

www.ibtimes.com...

I didnt pick Trump to express my displeasure with the bastards running this Country.

I got nobody else. All I see is Cowards. All I see is people trying to line their pockets.

I got friggin nobody. Cause, I'm pissed off. I want everyone of them gone...NOW.

All I got is one vote....No Candidate expresses how pissed off I am at these Criminals.

I understand.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

He's got no experience in public service, he's never won an election even to be a dogcatcher, he's got no policy, he has terrible credentials as a conservative---you might as well be backing Kim Kardashian

So let's throw him out...He isn't a politician....

Policy? HOW....He is a freaking businessman.....

Credentials?? Do you understand where this line of talk is going as well??

Nevermind I am going to beat my head off the wall now....Like I haven't been through this entire thread....

POLITICIANS OR NONE!!! That's my new slogan around here

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join