It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nature Lovers Outraged: Bear and Cubs That Killed Hiker to Be Put Down

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I explained that very question earlier in this thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

If we go into their habitat all rules are off.

its our habitat too

Well, gee..let's get out the wayback machine and just say we're all just temporary visitors here.

Hikers and campers who go into areas where there are wild animals take on the responsibility and the risk of something happening. And it's not the animals' fault when it does.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

If we go into their habitat all rules are off.

its our habitat too

Oh really? I didn't realize there were suburbs in Yellowstone. How are the schools there? Do they have a Target and Taco Bell? If so count me in I will build a nice McMansion right next to Mr. and Mrs. Bear.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So kill ALL bears.
um! wolfs, mountain cats
and ANY animal that may harm humans.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
a reply to: alienjuggalo

The "I own the woods" attitude you have is retarded.

We have as much right to it as them.. Jesus this bear ate a person.. Again I am not advocating we just go kill all the bears.

Just the ones that eat people. I dont care where we are dont eat us or we will kill you..

ALL hungry Bears will attack you.
Especially one with Cubs!...
so kill them all. happy now?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

edit on 13-8-2015 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

Huh... I've never lived in a city unless the military forced the issue... Not everyone lives in those concrete monstrosities...

What is with all the emotion over this??!

Have Americans finally lost there bloody minds..they are not considered an endangered species anymore so losing a breeding female won't doom the species.

This is a practice that has been around for decades... Be happy they can check dna now,in the old days they would butcher them wholesale for a bit then declare the woods safe.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Any animal that kills a human should be put down.. WTF ? A man is dead and people are worried about the bears..

We have many more dumb humans than wild animals, WTF. Darwin knew his stuff.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Huh... I've never lived in a city unless the military forced the issue... Not everyone lives in those concrete monstrosities...

What is with all the emotion over this??!

Have Americans finally lost there bloody minds..they are not considered an endangered species anymore so losing a breeding female won't doom the species.

This is a practice that has been around for decades... Be happy they can check dna now,in the old days they would butcher them wholesale for a bit then declare the woods safe.

Oh okay, so you live in National Parks then? Unfortunately that is illegal to live off the land in a National Park, so you are out of luck.

There isn't any emotion here, I am simply using logic and reasoning.

We are invading THEIR habitat.

Stop being so narrow minded and greedy.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
So kill ALL bears.
um! wolfs, mountain cats
and ANY animal that may harm humans.

Wow, all the ones that have attacked humans yes.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Can we kill all humans that attack animals then?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke

All humans that attack, kill, and eat another human yes.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke

All humans that attack, kill, and eat another human yes.

Death penalty is pretty scarcely enforced these days, so no we can't.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I think we are getting close to seeing strict legal penalties for folks who abuse pets. So what you say there isn't as far fetched as some might think it is.
edit on 13-8-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Your logic fails laughably...

Thousands of people spend more time in the woods than in a city... Many are highly experienced careful woodsman... And folks still have a woopsie encounter with wild animals.

I've been within a few feet of a wolf and a black bear.

Not by choice... Pretty sure the omega was sent to see if I was a threat and the bear seemed just as surprised as me.

Sometimes you drawvthe short stick and all the people putting blame on the dead guy without all the facts are making emotional arguments. (not you specifically but a good portion of the thread)

They must remove a potential man eater... To many stupid people from the city go to this place every year and think Disney gives an accurate portrayal of animal behavior.

It's either kill the bear or close the park (at witch point McCain will probably give it away for a few magic beans) because the park service can not afford the law suit if it kills again.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

I hope so, but even with the gains being made with those increased penalties there is no way someone would ever get the death penalty for killing animals.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I don't care where they spend their time, National parks are not human habitat. Sure it's a nice place to camp or visit for a while, but it is not modern mans habitat. It is illegal to live off the land in a National Park.

Is it illegal to live off the land in a National Park for bears? No you say?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Sure is.

So if you come to my neighborhood and I attack and kill and eat you it would be your own fault for being in my neighborhood?

Are you and the bear on equal mental footing?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

In my opinion, accidentally walking into a bear den and being attacked and killed isn't the bears fault. Its the humans fault for being stupid and uneducated. Its like a robber breaking into your home at night and you see him and shoot him dead (completely legal in Texas by the way) - Anyway, the bear in that case is just protecting its home (and cubs if any) - It sees you as an intruder and its going to protect itself and its family. If a cougar or a wolf accidentally walked into a bears den the same thing would happen, the wolf or cougar would get mauled and killed unless it could get away. Its not attacking you because you're a human or because its hungry, its attacking you because it sees you as an interloper to its personal space and it sees you as a threat to her cubs.

Bears don't go out of their ways to attack people. They have to be provoked. Far too many times I have seen man and bear face off from a distance, and the bear always goes the other way. The only way a bear will attack you, is if you're near its cubs or den. Or if you're just dumb and provoke it by teasing and whatnot. Its not going to just charge after you on sight and attack you.

If someone isn't educated on the subject and walks into a bears den and gets eaten, then tough titty I say. Do your homework on any given area that you hike/camp/visit and learn the way of the land and what predators are there and know beforehand what to look for and what to avoid.
edit on 13-8-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Sure is.

So if you come to my neighborhood and I attack and kill and eat you it would be your own fault for being in my neighborhood?

Are you and the bear on equal mental footing?

If I am hiking in Yellowstone and run accross a Grizzly with cubs. Maybe..

Do you have an opinion on the topic of the thread? Or you just saw a chance at a dig? Typical cop..

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join