It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nature Lovers Outraged: Bear and Cubs That Killed Hiker to Be Put Down

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
2011 Yellowstone Park - Grizzly with cubs killed twice before being euthanized. Obviously, the park has learned their lesson in not giving mama bears a second chance. Read the linked article above that was linked within the OPs initial source article.

Lol where did everyone go??

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

What do you mean where did everyone go? She linked something relevant to the conversation at hand. Bring something relevant to the table and people will discuss things. The overall topic was/is beginning to be discussed in the ground. Lots of agrees to disagrees etc.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Any animal that kills a human should be put down.. WTF ? A man is dead and people are worried about the bears..

Are you serious? I really hope that was sarcasm...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke

Any animal that kills a human should be put down.. WTF ? A man is dead and people are worried about the bears..

Are you serious? I really hope that was sarcasm...

No it was not sarcasm at all. I will say it again any animal that attacks , kills, and eats a human should be put down.

As the link at the top of this page says they will do it again..

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

What do you mean where did everyone go? She linked something relevant to the conversation at hand. Bring something relevant to the table and people will discuss things. The overall topic was/is beginning to be discussed in the ground. Lots of agrees to disagrees etc.

Well explain why that bear killed again and we should allow this one to live?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
My overall stance hasn't changed. While I cannot stop them from killing these bears off, I do not agree with it.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Not going to resort to retarded personal attacks this time?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Yeah I got the geography wrong on the tigers, the rest is right

You are talking about Tiger attacks in the Sundarbans and no, nobody lets a predatory carnivore eat a human and then just shrugs it off.

Responses to the attacks

Local villagers, who fear tiger attacks and resent the animal for killing their livestock, sometimes engage in revenge killings.

On one occasion, a tiger had attacked and wounded the people in a village in south-west Bangladesh (near the Sundarbans) and frequently preyed upon their livestock. This roused the wrath of the villagers, and the feline became a target for their retribution.

Poachers are also responsible for killing tigers in the reserve in an effort to sell them on the black market.

The human death rate has dropped significantly due to better management techniques and fewer people are killed each year.

Even at the rate of fifty or sixty kills per year, humans would provide only about three percent of the yearly food requirements for the tiger population of the Sundarbans.

Thus, humans are only a supplement to the tiger's diet; they do not provide a primary food source. This does not mean that the notoriety associated with this area is unfounded. Even if only 3% of a tiger’s diet is human meat, that still amounts to the tiger killing and eating about one person per year, given the amount of food a tiger typically eats.

Villagers in the area have agreed to occasionally release livestock into the forest in order to provide an alternative food source for the tigers and discourage them from entering the villages. The government has agreed to subsidize the project to encourage village participation.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Not until you make retarded replies and comments like earlier

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Not until you make retarded replies and comments like earlier

my opinion that animals that kill and eat humans need to be put down is retarded? Why because it isnt what you think it must be stupid?

So what do you think they should have done with the bear in 2011? After killing us for the second time?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The "I own the woods" attitude you have is retarded.
edit on 13-8-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

The "I own the woods" attitude you have is retarded.

We have as much right to it as them.. Jesus this bear ate a person.. Again I am not advocating we just go kill all the bears.

Just the ones that eat people. I dont care where we are dont eat us or we will kill you..

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Its their home though. You wouldn't like it if someone forcefully tried coming into your home would you? As I said before, treat mother nature and the animals of the woods with respect and you'll be a lot better off than if you didn't. Otherwise, you'll end up like these jackasses who get attacked and eaten.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Tell you what. If a bear comes into your home and you put him down, we're going to put you down. That work for you?

Why is the woods their home and not ours? Its our effing woods and if I want to go camping I hope all the bears that have Eaten people have been put down.

If you dont want to get put down dont effing eat someone.

Errr you live in a house/apartment/condo/whatever. Wildlife lives in the wild. Thatt's their home. They were here before us...before we starting encroaching. I don't know what part of that is hard to understand.

Killing the bears is just more inhumanity.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Its their home though. You wouldn't like it if someone forcefully tried coming into your home would you? As I said before, treat mother nature and the animals of the woods with respect and you'll be a lot better off than if you didn't. Otherwise, you'll end up like these jackasses who get attacked and eaten.

LOl My home is 3600 Square feet. Her home? Just outside? We go in the woods too, most animals know to avoid us.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Tell you what. If a bear comes into your home and you put him down, we're going to put you down. That work for you?

Why is the woods their home and not ours? Its our effing woods and if I want to go camping I hope all the bears that have Eaten people have been put down.

If you dont want to get put down dont effing eat someone.

Errr you live in a house/apartment/condo/whatever. Wildlife lives in the wild. Thatt's their home. They were here before us...before we starting encroaching. I don't know what part of that is hard to understand.

Killing the bears is just more inhumanity.

Good, great, I am for letting them live and do whatever they want. I am not a hunter. Untill they kill and eat a person. then that animal should be killed.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

If a bear came into our habitat and killed and ate a human of course it would need to be put down. If we go into their habitat all rules are off.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Sometimes you do everything right... And still cross paths with critters.

Do those folks deserve to be referred to as a jackass..

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

edit on 13-8-2015 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join