It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nature Lovers Outraged: Bear and Cubs That Killed Hiker to Be Put Down

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Unfortunately for both people and the Bear directly responsible…

Very rarely do bears kill people, let alone consume them. Humans are soft and pink, easy kills, very tasty to predators. Once they discover this, they will feed again. Its only a matter of time. They must be put down after predating humans. As far as stupid hikers that don't recognize and prepare for bear encounters, especially female bears with cubs…

What can you say?

link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Bear lives matter?????????

Now that is a #BLM I can stand behind.

link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
I agree.

We encroach and encroach and encroach on their habitats, their homes, we kill them with our machines like they don't matter, and now this?

They were here/there first. They should not lose their lives because of an encroacher. Humans are not all that matters.

Their habitats? This is our planet as much as it is theirs. I am all for not hunting bears, but if one eats a camper he should be out down.

We should just let him feed on humans whenever he wants?

If its a human being stupid and getting too close to the momma and her cubs and/or their den? Yes, the bear should attack and kill/eat them and I'd blame the human every single time in that instance. It shows me that the human was stupid and not educated on the subject. Smart outdoorsmen know how to avoid these situations and work in perfect harmony with bears and never so much as get a scratch from one.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Humans go into animals homes and kill them all the time for the # of it. No big deal.

An animal successfully turns the tables and OMG WE NEED TO KILL IT NOW!!!!

We're all a bunch of pussies.

You know what, those lions that were successful man hunters for so long, I got mad respect for them.

The world isn't just about us. I personally like hearing that sometimes, even if rare as heck compared to the reverse, another species can get the upper hand now and then. It reminds me I share this world, I don't own it.

The bear didn't commit murder, it defended itself and it's home, or it defended it's young, or it was getting a meal.

But that's only allowed for us I suppose. We can go in anytime we want, make a bear skin rug, or get a nice slab of venison, but one of them dare to kill one of us THIS MEANS WAR.

Not only are we off to kill an adult bear, we're off to kill babies too cause we're MAN!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Even knowing the risks of what you're doing? Anytime you go into the wild in an area where Bears, Cougars and Wolves roam, you risk being attacked and killed by them. Perhaps this man was close to the bears den....or too close to the bears cubs. The bear was acting out on instinct to protect its young in that case. Any smart man knows that you do NOT get close to a momma bear and her cubs out in the wild. The momma bear WILL attack you.

So what I see, is humans being stupid and not educated on the subject of being outdoors in areas where apex predators roam and call home.

The problem is the bear/s now understand how easy it is to kill humans and there is a large possibility they will use humans as the main food, other bears would also learn how "easy" humans are. Sad as it is there is nothing else that can be done but to kill them. Its strange all the animal lovers I have ever talked to have never spent any real time in the wild and have zero idear how apex predators kill.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Now here is a mama doing what a mama is suppose to do in her world. The hiker took a chance that nature would get out his way. Our family do not trek through wilderness without weapons or we don't go there.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Sure is.

So if you come to my neighborhood and I attack and kill and eat you it would be your own fault for being in my neighborhood?

Yeah, because humans and Animals are the same thing and go by the same logic and understanding. You're comparing apples and oranges here. Unless you're saying you're a cannibalistic Werebear.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

What would take down a bear though? what would you do in the hikers situation? honestly want to know just in case

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

What would take down a bear though? what would you do in the hikers situation? honestly want to know just in case

I might get killed and eaten. Oh well.

I eat animals, I'm not so much a hypocritical wuss I'm going to throw a tantrum about an animal maybe doing the same to me.
edit on 8/13/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I feel for the people who are saddened by the fate of these bears.

I think we should let these animal lovers into the cage so they can give the bear a great big hug.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

I agree.

We encroach and encroach and encroach on their habitats, their homes, we kill them with our machines like they don't matter, and now this?

They were here/there first. They should not lose their lives because of an encroacher. Humans are not all that matters.

Their habitats? This is our planet as much as it is theirs. I am all for not hunting bears, but if one eats a camper he should be out down.

We should just let him feed on humans whenever he wants?

If its a human being stupid and getting too close to the momma and her cubs and/or their den? Yes, the bear should attack and kill/eat them and I'd blame the human every single time in that instance. It shows me that the human was stupid and not educated on the subject. Smart outdoorsmen know how to avoid these situations and work in perfect harmony with bears and never so much as get a scratch from one.

What about that bearman guy? He lived with the bears forever knew them like the back of his hand. Remember what happened to him?

As far as you know this guy was just hiking and ran into these bears and was immediately attacked.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

This is how every living thing in the world acts when it eats something tasty. It will ((Drum-roll)) eat it again because it tasted good and it enjoyed it. This isn't some revelation here pertaining to JUST apex predators in the wild.

And who is to say that these Bears will attacks humans again anyway? Who is to say that they will even run into humans again for that matter? Perhaps enough time passes (years) before they even see a human again and will have forgotten all about this incident by that point. We do understand bears and their overall thinking on certain matters, but not everything. Especially when it comes to eating something new later on in life that has a years long+ gap between the time points.
edit on 13-8-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

It happens. I mean like that bear getting a drink at the watering hole, thinking, "I'm hungry maybe I'll catch a fish." then BAM, dead bear, he's a rug now.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

If bears do get a taste for human flesh I agree put down the bear but as an animal lover I know I wouldn't go anywhere without researching the local wildlife and be prepared.
I wonder If asked now the hiker would want revenge.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

If you are actually curious.

Any of these will do.

link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

nd who is to say that these Bears will attacks humans again anyway? Who is to say that they will even run into humans again for matter?

The people who are going to rightfully kill them.

link   

A drop bear ambush?. :O.

link   

A drop bear ambush?. :O.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

a reply to: Bloodydagger

nd who is to say that these Bears will attacks humans again anyway? Who is to say that they will even run into humans again for matter?

The people who are going to rightfully kill them.

We humans are such hypocritical and cowardly control freaks.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I am definitely saddened for the bears, I despise trophy hunting but there is an inescapable reality here..in a national park are some grizzlys that now see us as easy pickins. As far as hikers go..carry bears spray or bear bangers and be aware bears are great hunters, you may not even know one is close by unless your downwind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join