It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nature Lovers Outraged: Bear and Cubs That Killed Hiker to Be Put Down

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Yes! That'll teach those damn bears humans are not to be messed with!

We spare the lives of mentally challenged mass murderers but yet we execute bears for acting on their instincts?

Pathetic just like the rest of the people supporting this

Agreed....Its just backwards the way some people think....

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MrNeo

This abstract concept that we are separate from nature is garbage and being on the top of the food chain we don't like to be eaten regardless where we are.

By the same token that thousands are outraged that humans are worth less than bears. As someone else pointed out once that bears tastes human blood it will look for human blood.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

Besides there are over 7 Billion humans on the planet, not nearly that many bears.

So its a numbers game...oh silly of me to love humans more than bears. Your misanthropy shows.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

There are some days when I think bears should eat more people.

Bingo...out comes the Misanthrope

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: ~Lucidity

There are some days when I think bears should eat more people.

Bingo...out comes the Misanthrope

Some days...absolutely. That would be me.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doom and Gloom
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I have more respect for animals than I do for arrogant old men who fail to take the proper safety precautions. Besides there are over 7 Billion humans on the planet, not nearly that many bears.

The deceased man, 63-year-old experienced hiker Lance Crosby, was hiking alone (which is against park recommendations) and did not have bear spray with him.

That's genius. Yes I agree lets sacrifice some humans so we can grow the man eating bear population. We should strive for population equality with the worlds apex predators. Let's do the same with Lions, and sharks with rocket pods. I would enjoy a lot more poisonous snakes being around as well.

Humans are so cruel I prefer to keep company with Bears myself. I mean look at humans, we kill other animals for food, kill each other for fun and to further our blood lines. Not bears, they eat honey all day and chill.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Exactly!! I think WTF is wrong with people who can not see THAT..

2ND

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Maybe we should kill any human that has ever slaughtered a chicken or cow in a slaughter house. I mean, fair is fair right? At least the guy who was eaten by this bear had a chance to escape, animals in slaughter houses don't. What makes our lives more important than any animal?
edit on 8/14/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: Bloodydagger

I hate when crap like this happens. There's a tribe in africa where if you get eaten by a tiger, they shrug, they don't seek revenge, they accept that well, it's what tigers do.

They don't have tigers in Africa. They have tigers in India, China and maybe some parts of Russia.

It's sad if they put the mamma bear down and I don't know what they would do with the cubs if/when they do; I guess that's why they would kill all three. It is sad, but once bears start on that sort of behavior people are afraid that they will do it again. I don't know if that is true or not, but killing the bear placates the public.

I'm from Montana, I grew up in bear country. If something like that happened, sometimes they killed the bear if they could find it. Sometimes they couldn't though. Honestly, if they just make an effort to look like they are trying to do something they probably wouldn't have to kill the bears. Relocation maybe...? Whole thing is sad.

edit on 14-8-2015 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

That's not what is being said. ...and you know it.

An predatory animal that kills and eats a human generally becomes a danger to other humans, and has to be killed.

Few people think it's a good thing, I certainly don't, but it is a necessity. Come up with something else that'll work, and I'll be the first to applaud.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doom and Gloom

I have more respect for animals than I do for arrogant old men who fail to take the proper safety precautions. Besides there are over 7 Billion humans on the planet, not nearly that many bears.

The deceased man, 63-year-old experienced hiker Lance Crosby, was hiking alone (which is against park recommendations) and did not have bear spray with him.

Wow your logic is so screwed up. Bears don't normally attack humans they avoid us. When one no longer does this but actually seeks people out he's a threat. The fact there are 7 billion humans is irrelevant there is one less now because a man decided to go hiking and was attacked. The bear needs to be out down if they see humans as a food source. What you fail to understand is what happens if the bears roam into a residential neighborhood. See Billy or Sally playing on a bike and decides it's hungry.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It's slightly confusing trying to get to the bottom of the sentiment...it seems that people being dubbed 'nature lovers' keep to kind of be propounding an idea like, basically, that's what you get for going into nature. Do nature lovers think we should stay in paved human civilization now?

I don't really know my thoughts...for a variety of reasons...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
1. Maybe the old man committed suicide.

2. Why automatic death for the bears anyhow? Why not life in prison like all the other bears?

3. If I'm in the woods and a bear kills me, don't kill that bear.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Sure is.

So if you come to my neighborhood and I attack and kill and eat you it would be your own fault for being in my neighborhood?

I think you have the philosophy in reverse bro. It is more like this:

If someone is a homeowner, and you are the burglar barging into his or her home and they shoot you for tresspassing and attempted armed robery, it is your fault, for entering their territory knowing full well the consequences of your actions should you be caught.

So yes, if you go into a forest filled with bears, then in this case the fool is you. And you deserve the outcome of your own actions. YOU chose to do it, noone else forced you to.

On another note, your comment lacks common sense.

Any animal that kills a human should be put down.. WTF ? A man is dead and people are worried about the bears..

No, this is about RESPECTING the laws of nature which is far greater than us humans. And the laws of nature dictates, if you do something and ignore the warnings, then you reap what you sow. Yes, it is tragic a man died, but nature which is greater than all of us combined excersized the law.

The law is basically if you try and fly off a cliff, gravity will pull you down. If you put your hand on a hot stove over and over again, it is your fault for doing so and getting your hand burned, it is not the stove's fault. The stove is doing it's purpose while the fool keeps placing the hand over and over again. Yet the fool keeps blaming the stove for the problem. This is called INSANITY.

Insanity by definition is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

It is not that we are insensitive, we are simply making a very true point. Everyone IS responsible for their own actions. It is about taking responsibility.

edit on th2015000000Saturdayth000000Sat, 15 Aug 2015 03:59:33 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSat, 15 Aug 2015 03:59:33 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
On a side note was in Gatlinburg Tennessee a few months ago.... Rode up to Caves Code. People on the side of the road saw black bears and were out of there car and some of these dumb asses (some with kids) where following the bears up the mountain into the woods. What if it had been a mama bear? The Park Ranger had to call them down... Now if these idiots got killed i wouldn't agree with shooting the bear.
edit on 15-8-2015 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

He was actually an experienced hiker who presumably knew what he was doing. Yes it was not the best idea to hike alone, but he was in a commonly public area where a lot of other hikers are too. We don't know if he had bear spray on him or not during the attack. He was only found dead without carrying any.

He was also found half a mile from the trail so he was dragged quite a ways away.

Since the attack was predatory and the bears consumed human flesh they now have a taste for it. The mother had to be put down and the cubs taken out of the wild where they can see humans as prey again.

It is sad, but it had to be done.

Yellowstone officials did say that if the attack was in defense of her cubs (it clearly wasn't) then they would not do anything with the bear.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

That is completely untrue. If they had the resources they would wipe every tiger out in the area.

"Oh, my wife just got eaten by a tiger. Well that is life for you!"

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

the dead man was foolish. his foolishness also cost the bear it's life.
edit on R2015th2015-08-15T11:35:59-05:0020150am2264 by RoScoLaz4 because: additional word

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
I agree.

We encroach and encroach and encroach on their habitats, their homes, we kill them with our machines like they don't matter, and now this?

They were here/there first. They should not lose their lives because of an encroacher. Humans are not all that matters.

And humans never lived in the wild?... This is just another example of how brainwashed some people are placing the lives of animals that attack and kill people higher than the lives of people...

All animals think about survival. You put a wild grizzly bear, or a family of wild grizzlies in a city and you think it's going to care that he/she/they are in human turf?...

edit on 15-8-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

In this case it's even worse the trails are so well used by humans mist animals avoid them. What this bear did was went there to hunt. Meaning next time could be a family on a nature hike. If the brar didn't get him would have been someone else. There was no doubt the bear went there looking for food knowing humans would be there. You could argue she had to feed her cubs but I think that's little concern to his loved ones.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join